Rose Swanger

Personal Finance, Retirement, Investing
“Advise Finance aims to promote financial literacy and provide customized solutions for your financial needs.”

Advise Finance, LLC

Job Title:

Certified Financial Planner


Rose was born and raised in China, but educated in the US. Consequently, she enjoys the best of both worlds. She aims to incorporate that philosophy into her practice and provides her clients with the same privilege. Rose was the first American Certified Financial Planner(tm) practitioner who ever won the annual international financial plan competition twice (2014 & 2016), sponsored by the Global PlanPlus Award. Additionally, Rose has been frequently interviewed and quoted by major financial media sources, such as The Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger, Forbes, US World News, Reuters, CNBC, Chicago Tribune, and InvestmentNews. You can see a clip of her interview with the local TV, WBIR, about teaching kids of financial literacy.   

Besides having the general knowledge of financial planning, Rose has two other distinctive designations: 1) RICP®--Retirement Income Certified Professional, which gives her the expertise to help retirees during the retirement in issues such as safe income withdrawal, Social Security and Medicare  planning, long-term care, etc, and 2) CDFA®--Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, which allows her to assist attorneys and clients to achieve the best possible equitable settlement and at the same time to avoid typical financial and tax pitfalls. Rose Swanger is passionate about promoting financial literacy. Her personal goal is to help Americans get their financial houses in order, one community at a time. 


BS, Medical Technology, Georgia State University
MBA, Financial Planning, California Lutheran University

Fee Structure:



Advise Finance is a marketing name for securities and advisory services offered through Royal Alliance Associates, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC and a registered investment advisor. This communication is strictly intended for individuals residing in the states of TN,MD, and VA, where the RR is registered to conduct securities business. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident outside the specific state(s) referenced.

: A broker-dealer, investment adviser, BD agent, or IA rep may only transact business in a state if first registered, or is excluded or exempt from state broker/dealer, investment adviser, BD agent, or IA registration requirements as appropriate. Follow-up, individualized responses to persons in a state by such a firm or individual that involve either effecting or attempting to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, will not be made without first complying with appropriate registration requirements, or an applicable exemption or exclusion. For information concerning the licensing status or disciplinary history of a broker-dealer, investment, adviser, BD agent, or IA rep, a consumer should contact his or her state securities law administrator.

  • Advise Finance, LLC
All Articles
Sort By:
Most Helpful
last month
    Choosing an Advisor
April 2017
    Financial Planning, Long-Term Care Insurance, Personal Finance
June 2017
September 2016
    Choosing an Advisor, Financial Planning
July 2016

All Answers
Sort By:
Most Helpful
    Retirement, Retirement Plans
What is the best way to start a retirement account?
100% of people found this answer helpful


With your positive attitude towards saving for retirement, I’m glad to share my knowledge with you. Iif your company offers a 401(k) plan, please sign up that first. The money you don’t see is the money you don’t spend. In addition, if you sign up a traditional 401(k), by deferring your income, you lower your annual tax bill. Say, you’re in the 25% tax bracket, and $10k savings to the 401(k) saves you $2,500 tax. 

Secondly, if you have a high-deductible health insurance, make sure to fund your HSA, which offers a triple-tax advantage. You can deduct the money you save, the growth inside the HSA is tax-deferred, and the eventual withdrawal and usage on the qualified medical purposes are tax free.

If you still have extra money after satisfying those two tactics, then by all means, fund a Roth IRA if you can.  Lastly, always save for a raining day by directing a portion of your pay to a checking/Savings account automatically each month.  It will add up.

Best luck to you!

August 2016
    Marriage / Divorce
Does marrying someone with bad credit affect my credit score?
100% of people found this answer helpful
August 2016
    Financial Planning, Retirement, Pensions
Which should I take, a monthly pension or lump sum buyout?
100% of people found this answer helpful
August 2016
    Financial Planning, 401(k), IRAs
Do 401(k) contributions have any affect on MAGI?
100% of people found this answer helpful
August 2016
    Marriage / Divorce, 401(k), IRAs
Can I roll my ex husband's 401k into an IRA and withdraw the funds I need?
100% of people found this answer helpful
June 2016