How do you claim a pension from a company that may no longer exist?

I recently turned 66 years old. I believe I am owed a pension from a prior employer with whom I worked for 11 to 13 years. However, they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth. This was a huge international petrochemical corporation. I don't know who to contact. Any suggestions?

Sort By:
Most Helpful
2 weeks ago
100% of people found this answer helpful

Congratulations on your recent birthday!

This is something that comes up more often than you think.  I have not personally assisted anyone through this process, but I would review this resource from the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.: 

This is an organization designed to protect pension benefits.  The guide seems like it lays out the steps that you would need to go through in order to try and locate this pension.

Best of luck in navigating and finding the monies you may be entitled to!


1 week ago
2 weeks ago
2 days ago
2 weeks ago