Investors considering exchange-traded funds (ETFs) as a means of receiving dividend payments should peruse these four global equity funds. While some of these ETFs invest solely in equities, others also grant exposure to bonds. In addition, one fund seeks to track an index that provides exposure to multiple asset classes.

YieldShares High Income ETF

The YieldShares High Income ETF (NYSEARCA: YYY) generally aims to replicate the ISE High Income Index's price and yield performance before fees and expenses. The ISE High Income Index comprised 30 closed-end funds (CEFs) picked by International Securities Exchange based on their yield, liquidity and discount to net asset value (NAV).

The YieldShares High Income ETF grants investors exposure to CEFs offered by a wide range of fund providers. In addition, it provides investors with exposure to funds that invest in both stocks and bonds. As of March 16, 2016, 68% of the ETF's holdings were in bonds and the remaining 32% were in stocks. The ETF had a distribution yield of 11.28% and a 30-day SEC yield of 11.27%. In addition, the fund had $76.8 million in assets under management (AUM), as of March 16, 2016. It has an expense ratio of 1.82%, which consists of 1.32% in acquired fund fees and expenses and a 0.5% management fee.

PowerShares KBW High Dividend Yield Financial Portfolio

The PowerShares KBW High Dividend Yield Financial Portfolio (NYSEARCA: KBWD) usually invests no less than 90% of its total assets into securities contained within the KBW NASDAQ Financial Sector Dividend Yield Index. This index aims to mirror the performance of 24 to 40 publicly traded financial services firms, but it may also include the securities of both equity and mortgage real estate investment trusts, as well as the securities of business development companies.

As of March 16, 2016, the PowerShares KBW High Dividend Yield Financial Portfolio had a distribution rate of 10.73% and a 30-day SEC yield of 12.55%. The fund had total AUM of $184.6 million as of March 17, 2016. The ETF carries a total expense ratio of 3.08%, which includes 2.73% in acquired fund fees and expenses and a 0.35% management fee.

Arrow Dow Jones Global Yield ETF

The Arrow Dow Jones Global Yield ETF (NYSEARCA: GYLD)'s objective is to generate investment results, before fees and expenses, that usually mirror the yield and price performance of the Dow Jones Global Composite Yield Index. The ETF includes the Dow Jones Global Real Estate Yield Index, the Dow Jones Global Equity Yield Index, the Credit Suisse Yield Enhanced Global Corporate Index, the Dow Jones Global Alternative Yield Index and the Credit Suisse Yield Enhanced Sovereign Index.

Because this index has the objective of including a diverse mix of high-yield securities across different asset classes, investors can use it to obtain broad exposure. As of March 16, 2016, the Arrow Dow Jones Global Yield ETF had a distribution rate of 10.1% and a 30-day SEC yield of 6.85%. It also had $88.6 million in AUM. This ETF has an expense ratio of 0.75%.

The Global X SuperDividend ETF

The Global X SuperDividend ETF (NYSEARCA: SDIV) aims to generate investment results that, before fees and expenses, usually match the yield and price performance of the Solactive Global SuperDividend Index. The fund attempts to meet this objective by investing in the top 100 highest dividend-yielding equity securities in the world.

The Global X SuperDividend ETF provides exposure to a wide range of global equities, and this broad diversification can help manage currency, geographic and interest rate risks. This ETF pays investors monthly distributions, which is a benefit it has provided for four years.

As of March 16, 2016, the Global X SuperDividend ETF had a 30-day SEC yield of 8.3% and an annual fund operating expense of 0.58%. In addition, the fund had total net assets of $732.6 million.

Want to learn how to invest?

Get a free 10 week email series that will teach you how to start investing.

Delivered twice a week, straight to your inbox.