Some common retirement planner designations are:
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS) designation from the College for Financial Planning
- Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) designation from the Institute Of Certified Bankers
- Certified Retirement Services Professional (CRSP) designation from the Institute Of Certified Bankers
- Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC) designation from the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE)
- Accredited Pension Administrator (APA) from the National Institute of Pension Administrators
All of the websites linked above include pricing information.
The above certifications are not difficult to obtain, but they do require many hours of studying and/or years of experience in the field. They are well worth the time and money spent, however, as they help to lend credibility and build customer confidence in designees.
The best one to start with is the CISP, as it is the easiest and it covers the bulk of retirement assets, which are IRA assets.
To learn more about financial certifications, see The Alphabet Soup of Financial Certifications, Dispelling the Myths Surrounding Financial Planners and Choosing an Advisor: Wall Street vs. Main Street.
This question was answered by Denise Appleby
Find out how to apply for a pensionado retirement visa for Costa Rica, how to prove your income and obtain a certificate ...
Learn who high net worth individuals are and what you can do to attract and retain them in your financial advisory practice.
Read about the many financial benefits of retiring in the Philippines as an American expatriate, including low health costs ...
Read about how you can obtain a pensionado visa to retire in Costa Rica, including what kinds of applicants the Costa Rican ...
A qualification earned by insurance professionals and conferred ...
A designation earned by professionals looking for training in ...
A tax-efficient retirement savings account available in Great ...
A designation earned by insurance professionals looking for reinsurance ...
A designation earned by insurance professionals involved with ...
Senior move managers (SMMs) help seniors downsize and relocate ...