Some common retirement planner designations are:
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS) designation from the College for Financial Planning
- Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) designation from the Institute Of Certified Bankers
- Certified Retirement Services Professional (CRSP) designation from the Institute Of Certified Bankers
- Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC) designation from the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE)
- Accredited Pension Administrator (APA) from the National Institute of Pension Administrators
All of the websites linked above include pricing information.
The above certifications are not difficult to obtain, but they do require many hours of studying and/or years of experience in the field. They are well worth the time and money spent, however, as they help to lend credibility and build customer confidence in designees.
The best one to start with is the CISP, as it is the easiest and it covers the bulk of retirement assets, which are IRA assets.
To learn more about financial certifications, see The Alphabet Soup of Financial Certifications, Dispelling the Myths Surrounding Financial Planners and Choosing an Advisor: Wall Street vs. Main Street.
This question was answered by Denise Appleby
Learn how a 403(b) plan and a Roth IRA affect your future. Both investment vehicles have advantages and disadvantages for ...
Find out what a 401(k) rollover is, when you might want to roll over a 401(k) and whether a direct or indirect rollover is ...
The taxable portion of your pension or annuity payments is usually subject to federal income tax withholding, according to ...
Deciding to take a withdraw from your 401k is not a decision that should be made lightly. However, for those who needs funds, ...
Elder care, sometimes called elderly care, refers to services ...
An annuity option in which the amount of income payments received ...
Definition of Gold IRA
When a defined benefit pension provider offloads some or all ...
Also known as Social Security Death Index. A list of people whose ...
A type of target-date retirement fund whose asset allocation ...