An important part of being an entrepreneur is pitching or making the case for the product, project or idea you intend to sell. An elevator pitch is a condensed, easy-to-understand version of a business pitch that is delivered in the time it takes to ride an elevator. Entrepreneurs must be prepared to give a pitch at any time, including during an elevator ride.
Key elements of a successful elevator pitch include:
- Brief Description: Give the investor a brief description of the primary features of your product, project or idea.
- Target Audience: Let the investor know the target market, including size, for your product, project or idea.
- Projected Earnings: Tell the investor the profits you anticipate from sales of your product, project or idea.
- Personal History: Provide the investor with a synopsis of your qualifications and achievements.
- Competition and Advantage: Give the investor information about your competitors, highlighting features that make your product, project or idea superior.
An elevator pitch should be concise and clear, but also interesting. If your elevator speech has been successful, the potential investor will request a full presentation or ask for a referral.
For more on this topic, read The Marketing Director's Pitch.
This question was answered by Chizoba Morah.
Learn about how the American Dream has influenced the U.S. economy. The American Dream is the idea that anyone can make it ...
Learn about some of the most common business tax deductions available to small businesses that can reduce net business expenses.
Learn when to use a hire purchase to manage the cost of high-dollar business assets so your company can reach its full potential ...
Learn how implementing a long-tail growth strategy can be beneficial to your business and take it to the next level by serving ...
A UK program that helps smaller, riskier companies to raise capital ...
An expense a business must pay each time it processes a customer’s ...
Expenses associated with administering a business on a day to ...
A freelancer is an individual who earns money on a per-job or ...
Donation-based crowdfunding is a way to source money for a project ...
A federal statute protecting "certain applicants and employees" ...