There are three major U.S. financial securities markets which are:
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): NYSE is a stock exchange based in New York. In April 2007, New York Stock Exchange merged with a European stock exchange known as Euronext to form what is currently NYSE Euronext. NYSE Euronext also owns NYSE Arca (formerly the Pacific Exchange).
- National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation System (Nasdaq): Nasdaq is the largest electronic screen-based market. It currently offers lower listing fees than NYSE.
- American Stock Exchange (AMEX): Unlike Nasdaq and NYSE, AMEX focuses on Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
Other exchanges in the United States include:
- Boston Stock Exchange (BSE) - This is made up of the Boston Equities Exchange (BEX) and the Boston Options Exchange (BOX)
- Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) - CBOT is owned run by CME Group Inc.
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) - Owned and controlled by CME Group Inc.
- Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX)
- International Securities Exchange (ISE) - which includes ISE Options Exchange and the ISE Stock Exchange
- Miami Stock Exchange (MS4X)
- National Stock Exchange (NSX)
- Philadelphia Stock Exchange (PHLX)
This question was answered by Chizoba Morah.
Learn about the advantages of exchange-traded funds with higher volume and liquidity, and understand how covered call options ...
Learn the effects the Sarbanes-Oxley Act has on corporate governance in the United States, including strict disclosures, ...
Find out more about derivative securities and what it indicates when traders or investors establish a long or short position ...
Learn about some of the most popular ETFs that track the industrials sector. Understand what factors may lead to the increase ...
A risk that an insurance company is required to provide coverage ...
A financial instrument whose value is based on the value of another ...
A service of the U.S. Department of State that lets U.S. citizens ...
Catastrophe equity puts are used to ensure that insurance companies ...
Open trade equity (OTE) is the equity in an open futures contract.
A security that tracks an index, a commodity or a basket of assets ...