There are three major U.S. financial securities markets which are:
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): NYSE is a stock exchange based in New York. In April 2007, New York Stock Exchange merged with a European stock exchange known as Euronext to form what is currently NYSE Euronext. NYSE Euronext also owns NYSE Arca (formerly the Pacific Exchange).
- National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation System (Nasdaq): Nasdaq is the largest electronic screen-based market. It currently offers lower listing fees than NYSE.
- American Stock Exchange (AMEX): Unlike Nasdaq and NYSE, AMEX focuses on Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
Other exchanges in the United States include:
- Boston Stock Exchange (BSE) - This is made up of the Boston Equities Exchange (BEX) and the Boston Options Exchange (BOX)
- Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) - CBOT is owned run by CME Group Inc.
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) - Owned and controlled by CME Group Inc.
- Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX)
- International Securities Exchange (ISE) - which includes ISE Options Exchange and the ISE Stock Exchange
- Miami Stock Exchange (MS4X)
- National Stock Exchange (NSX)
- Philadelphia Stock Exchange (PHLX)
This question was answered by Chizoba Morah.
Learn more about over-the-counter transactions, and why OTC traders are considered riskier than traders working with larger ...
Dive into two very important financial concepts: arbitrage and hedging. See how each of these strategies can play a role ...
Learn about some of the ways in which the U.S. government and the Securities and Exchange Commission regulate venture capital.
Producing nearly 50% of the world's supply, China is the world's largest global coal producer and a large force in global ...
An organizational structure in which responsibilities, authorities, ...
The social welfare and economic systems adopted by Nordic countries.
An agreement between an individual or business and a regulatory ...
The price an asset would fetch in the marketplace. Market value ...
A license that allows a company to engage in services related ...
A collection of databases and tools used to analyze the financial ...