There are three major U.S. financial securities markets which are:
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): NYSE is a stock exchange based in New York. In April 2007, New York Stock Exchange merged with a European stock exchange known as Euronext to form what is currently NYSE Euronext. NYSE Euronext also owns NYSE Arca (formerly the Pacific Exchange).
- National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation System (Nasdaq): Nasdaq is the largest electronic screen-based market. It currently offers lower listing fees than NYSE.
- American Stock Exchange (AMEX): Unlike Nasdaq and NYSE, AMEX focuses on Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
Other exchanges in the United States include:
- Boston Stock Exchange (BSE) - This is made up of the Boston Equities Exchange (BEX) and the Boston Options Exchange (BOX)
- Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) - CBOT is owned run by CME Group Inc.
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) - Owned and controlled by CME Group Inc.
- Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX)
- International Securities Exchange (ISE) - which includes ISE Options Exchange and the ISE Stock Exchange
- Miami Stock Exchange (MS4X)
- National Stock Exchange (NSX)
- Philadelphia Stock Exchange (PHLX)
This question was answered by Chizoba Morah.
Learn about the strike price of an option and how to set a strike price for call and put options depending on risk tolerance ...
Learn about stock exchanges, the main function of stock market changes and the opening and closing times of some major stock ...
Find out why general equilibrium economic models suggest monopolistic markets can lead to inefficiencies and why some economists ...
Find out which countries have the most restrictive import tariffs on international products as ranked from data collected ...
Catastrophe equity puts are used to ensure that insurance companies ...
Open trade equity (OTE) is the equity in an open futures contract.
A security that tracks an index, a commodity or a basket of assets ...
A Trusted Traveler Program that allows pre-screened U.S. and ...
A U.S. program giving pre-approved travelers a faster Customs ...
This U.S. program grants pre-approved travelers access to a faster ...