Characteristics, Uses and Taxation of Investments - Sample Questions 1 - 7
- Joseph and Mary McCracken have the following bank accounts. In his own name, Joseph has $373,546.52; in her own name, Mary has $87,986.03 and jointly, they have an account with $987,901. Under current law, to what extent are they covered under SIPC rules?
- Joseph's account up to $100,000; Mary's entire account and the joint account up to $100,000.
- The entire joint account, up to the lesser of the account total or $100,000.
- Not more than $100,000 in the aggregate.
- With respect to futures and forwards
- Forwards are marked to market on a daily basis.
- Futures carry greater default risk than forward contracts.
- Futures trades are private transactions.
- A requirement of forwards is a high degree of creditworthiness on the part of both parties to the transaction.
- An investor in a hedge fund has as her primary objective
- Risk management.
- Long term capital appreciation.
- The ability to hedge.
- None of the above.
- The SEC was allowed to create SROs pursuant to
- The 1933 Act
- The 1934 Act
- The Maloney Act
- Real Estate investors seek the following objective
- Long-term growth
- Tax-deferred growth
- Both c. and d.
- Warrants and options share all of the following features, EXCEPT
- Tradable in the secondary market.
- Are subject to the volatility of the underlying.
- Are issued by the company upon whose underlying stock they are based.
- May serve as a less expensive means to gain exposure to an equity security than the actual purchase of that security.
- REITs and Direct Participation Programs in real estate are different in the following respects, except for
- Tax benefits.
- A less expensive manner in which to gain exposure to real estate than direct investment.
EntrepreneurshipFind out how Amazon.com became an e-commerce giant catering to customers' needs through innovation, technology and help from five of its key customers.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover the performance trends of the Vanguard Mid-Cap Index Fund, and learn which times of the year the fund has performed its best and worst.
Personal FinanceExplore an earnings case study on Facebook, and learn about its earnings, advertising revenue and total revenue growth rates during 2014 and 2015.
Personal FinanceLearn three critical implications for policy and inflation of Japan's introduction of negative interest rates, based on comments by PIMCO's Tadashi Kakuchi.
InvestingCheck out the analysis of earnings for United Parcel Service, including historical earnings, past analyst estimates and future analyst estimates.
Mutual Funds & ETFsReview the performance trends of the Vanguard High-Yield Corporate Fund, and learn which times of year the fund has performed at its best and worst.
InvestingExplore an earnings case study of The Walt Disney Company, and learn about its earnings and revenue in 2014 and 2015 and what analysts expect for Disney in 2016 and 2017.
InvestingLearn about the businesses and financial profiles of five key suppliers to UPS. Discover how much of each company's business is dependent on UPS.
InvestingTake a closer look at several important Boeing Corporation customers, and learn more about how much business they bring the aerospace giant.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover the seasonal performance trends for the Fidelity Select Energy Portfolio, and learn about the fund's the best and worst performance periods.
Bunny market describes a stock market that does not have an obvious ...
Davos man/Davos woman refers to the members of the World Economic ...
File and suspend is a Social Security claim strategy that allows ...
An IRS Form sent to individuals who received minimum essential ...
An IRS form sent to anybody who received health insurance coverage ...
A statistical measure used to describe the distribution of observed ...
Discover the differences between money market accounts and money market funds, including minimum balance requirements, withdrawal ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the 1003 mortgage application form, what information it requires and why this form is the industry standard for ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the basic types of money market funds and discover how they are characterized by the types of investments that ... Read Answer >>
The first step in planning for long-term goals is actually determining how much you spend on short-term expenses. Once you ... Read Answer >>
Learn what large-cap stocks are and how investors can benefit from common advantages of adding large-cap stocks to their ... Read Answer >>
There's really no pre-determined age when it suddenly becomes necessary to take out a life insurance policy. However, if ... Read Answer >>