Characteristics, Uses and Taxation of Investments - Sample Questions 1 - 7
- Joseph and Mary McCracken have the following bank accounts. In his own name, Joseph has $373,546.52; in her own name, Mary has $87,986.03 and jointly, they have an account with $987,901. Under current law, to what extent are they covered under SIPC rules?
- Joseph's account up to $100,000; Mary's entire account and the joint account up to $100,000.
- The entire joint account, up to the lesser of the account total or $100,000.
- Not more than $100,000 in the aggregate.
- With respect to futures and forwards
- Forwards are marked to market on a daily basis.
- Futures carry greater default risk than forward contracts.
- Futures trades are private transactions.
- A requirement of forwards is a high degree of creditworthiness on the part of both parties to the transaction.
- An investor in a hedge fund has as her primary objective
- Risk management.
- Long term capital appreciation.
- The ability to hedge.
- None of the above.
- The SEC was allowed to create SROs pursuant to
- The 1933 Act
- The 1934 Act
- The Maloney Act
- Real Estate investors seek the following objective
- Long-term growth
- Tax-deferred growth
- Both c. and d.
- Warrants and options share all of the following features, EXCEPT
- Tradable in the secondary market.
- Are subject to the volatility of the underlying.
- Are issued by the company upon whose underlying stock they are based.
- May serve as a less expensive means to gain exposure to an equity security than the actual purchase of that security.
- REITs and Direct Participation Programs in real estate are different in the following respects, except for
- Tax benefits.
- A less expensive manner in which to gain exposure to real estate than direct investment.
Stock AnalysisExamine the current state of Netflix Inc., and learn about three of the major fundamental risks that the company is currently facing.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about the top three metals and mining exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and explore analyses of their characteristics and how investors can benefit from these ETFs.
ProfessionalsUnderstand the differences between a career in financial planning and wealth management, and identify which is better for you based on your goals and talents.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover analyses of the top three California municipal bond mutual funds, and learn about their characteristics, historical performance and suitability.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out why mutual funds are not insured by the FDIC, including why the FDIC was created and how to minimize your risk with educated mutual fund investments.
InvestingThe further you fall, the harder it is to climb back up. It’s a universal truth that is painfully apparent in the investing world.
Personal FinanceMany advisors display similar skillsets that can make distinguishing between them difficult. The following guidelines can help you better understand their qualifications and services.
ProfessionalsAmong the best universities for financial planning are the University of Georgia, Boston University, The College of Financial Planning, Texas Tech, San Diego State, Baylor, Fairleigh Dickinson ...
Investing BasicsDon’t skimp on the CFP designation. Here's why those three letters show that someone is qualified in financial and investment planning.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover detailed analysis and information about some of the top exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that offer exposure to the investment-grade corporate bond market.
The excess return that investing in the stock market provides ...
The amount of risk that an insurance company retains after subtracting ...
Coverage that provides financial protection to investors, financial ...
The maximum loss from a peak to a trough of a portfolio, before ...
The absolute level of a fund's investments.
A technique used by insurance companies to calculate loss reserves.
Mutual funds have become an incredibly popular option for a wide variety of investors. This is primarily due to the automatic ... Read Full Answer >>
While your auto insurance company cannot pull your full motor vehicle report, or MVR, it does pull a record summary that ... Read Full Answer >>
While the majority of financial advisors work for financial institutions such as banks, a large proportion of them are self-employed ... Read Full Answer >>
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or FDIC, is a government-run agency that provides protection against losses if ... Read Full Answer >>
The rise of index trading may increase the overall vulnerability of the stock market due to increased correlations between ... Read Full Answer >>
The term delta refers to the change in price of an underlying stock or exchange-traded fund (ETF) as compared to the corresponding ... Read Full Answer >>