Characteristics, Uses and Taxation of Investments - Sample Questions 1 - 7
- Joseph and Mary McCracken have the following bank accounts. In his own name, Joseph has $373,546.52; in her own name, Mary has $87,986.03 and jointly, they have an account with $987,901. Under current law, to what extent are they covered under SIPC rules?
- Joseph's account up to $100,000; Mary's entire account and the joint account up to $100,000.
- The entire joint account, up to the lesser of the account total or $100,000.
- Not more than $100,000 in the aggregate.
- With respect to futures and forwards
- Forwards are marked to market on a daily basis.
- Futures carry greater default risk than forward contracts.
- Futures trades are private transactions.
- A requirement of forwards is a high degree of creditworthiness on the part of both parties to the transaction.
- An investor in a hedge fund has as her primary objective
- Risk management.
- Long term capital appreciation.
- The ability to hedge.
- None of the above.
- The SEC was allowed to create SROs pursuant to
- The 1933 Act
- The 1934 Act
- The Maloney Act
- Real Estate investors seek the following objective
- Long-term growth
- Tax-deferred growth
- Both c. and d.
- Warrants and options share all of the following features, EXCEPT
- Tradable in the secondary market.
- Are subject to the volatility of the underlying.
- Are issued by the company upon whose underlying stock they are based.
- May serve as a less expensive means to gain exposure to an equity security than the actual purchase of that security.
- REITs and Direct Participation Programs in real estate are different in the following respects, except for
- Tax benefits.
- A less expensive manner in which to gain exposure to real estate than direct investment.
Options & FuturesFutures have a number of advantages over options such as fixed upfront trading costs, lack of time decay and liquidity.
Products and InvestmentsThe 10 steps outlined here are essential to the creation of a new financial product.
ProfessionalsHere's an inside look at the workdays of two experienced CPAs, to give you an idea of what it might be like to pursue a career as a public accountant.
ProfessionalsThere’s no typical day in the life of a public accountant, but one accountant’s experience may shed some light on what the career entails.
Saving and SpendingRetirees who don't want to deplete their nest eggs during a bear market should make sure to do the following.
Mutual Funds & ETFsGet a brief overview of Fidelity's seven target risk funds, with a description of each fund's asset allocation and expense ratio.
Investing NewsWarning signs have started to emerge that point to a potentially dismal 2016 for the U.S. economy.
MarketsAlgorithmic HFT has a number of risks, and it also can amplify systemic risk because of its propensity to intensify market volatility.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore analyses of the top three Invesco mutual funds for retirement diversification in 2016, and learn about the characteristics of these target-date funds.
Investing BasicsHedging risk is always a good idea. Here is how sophisticated investors go about it.
A modification of the Sharpe ratio that differentiates harmful ...
The excess return that investing in the stock market provides ...
The amount of risk that an insurance company retains after subtracting ...
Coverage that provides financial protection to investors, financial ...
The maximum loss from a peak to a trough of a portfolio, before ...
The absolute level of a fund's investments.
Different types of orders allow you to be more specific about how you'd like your broker to fulfill your trades. When you ... Read Full Answer >>
Secured loans are better for the borrower than unsecured loans because the loan terms are more agreeable. Often, the interest ... Read Full Answer >>
Out of the 2,800 mutual funds that Morningstar, Inc., the leading provider of independent investment research in North America, ... Read Full Answer >>
Like all securities, mutual funds are subject to market, or systematic, risk. This is because there is no way to predict ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds have become an incredibly popular option for a wide variety of investors. This is primarily due to the automatic ... Read Full Answer >>
While your auto insurance company cannot pull your full motor vehicle report, or MVR, it does pull a record summary that ... Read Full Answer >>