Investment Strategies - Review Questions 12 - 16
- Tactical asset allocation differs from strategic asset allocation:
- In that it provides the overall framework for implementation pursuant to the IPS.
- In that it involves shifts in the overall allocation, but only within the context of the strategic allocation in an effort to exploit short term market inefficiencies.
- May impact return.
- Both b. and c.
- Risks of rebalancing include all of the following:
- Additional transaction costs.
- Added tax liability.
- The consistent application of the client's strategic asset allocation.
- All of the foregoing.
- Hedging and monetization strategies include all of the following, EXCEPT:
- Use of variable prepaid forwards.
- Gradual sale of shares over time.
- Use of a separate account for increase diversification.
- Exchange traded fund.
- Strategic asset allocation may be implemented through any of the following means, except:
- Index funds.
- Separate account managers.
- Tax deferred retirement accounts.
- Core plus approach.
- The risks of not addressing low basis stock include:
- Severe tax liability.
- Heightened volatility due to lack of diversification.
- Effective risk-management.
- Both a. and b.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover how mega-cap stocks have fared in 2016 and read a comparative analysis of the Guggenheim S&P 500 Top 50 ETF and the Vanguard Mega-Cap ETF.
Investing BasicsWhen managing their wealth, women choosing between a robo-advisor and a human advisor should look at how well the two options fit their investing style.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover the top five mutual fund managers located in the Midwest. These leading asset management companies serve individuals and institutions.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore the performance of the United States Natural Gas Fund since 2012, including the influence of contango and backwardation on the fund's returns.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore the financial profiles of two leveraged ETFs that invest in China, and learn about what types of investors may find these funds attractive.
RetirementFinancial scams perpetrated on seniors are far too common and can be devastating. Increasingly, healthcare providers are playing a role in spotting them.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out which institutions are investing in the PowerShares International Dividend Achievers Portfolio, and who's buying and selling.
RetirementThe must-do list Prince and his advisors should have completed to avoid leaving his family without a will and an estate plan.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover which institutions are investing in the U.S. Natural Gas ETF. Learn who's buying, who's selling, and the biggest shareholders.
Credit & LoansUnderstand the benefits of using an online mortgage company, and compare the benefits of applying online with Huntington Mortgage versus LendingTree.
Cities are categorized as Tier I, Tier II, or Tier III depending ...
Bunny market describes a stock market that does not have an obvious ...
Davos man/Davos woman refers to the members of the World Economic ...
File and suspend is a Social Security claim strategy that allows ...
An IRS Form sent to individuals who received minimum essential ...
An IRS form sent to anybody who received health insurance coverage ...
Discover the differences between money market accounts and money market funds, including minimum balance requirements, withdrawal ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the 1003 mortgage application form, what information it requires and why this form is the industry standard for ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the basic types of money market funds and discover how they are characterized by the types of investments that ... Read Answer >>
The first step in planning for long-term goals is actually determining how much you spend on short-term expenses. Once you ... Read Answer >>
Learn what large-cap stocks are and how investors can benefit from common advantages of adding large-cap stocks to their ... Read Answer >>
There's really no pre-determined age when it suddenly becomes necessary to take out a life insurance policy. However, if ... Read Answer >>