- Tactical asset allocation differs from strategic asset allocation:
- In that it provides the overall framework for implementation pursuant to the IPS.
- In that it involves shifts in the overall allocation, but only within the context of the strategic allocation in an effort to exploit short term market inefficiencies.
- May impact return.
- Both b. and c.
- Risks of rebalancing include all of the following:
- Additional transaction costs.
- Added tax liability.
- The consistent application of the client's strategic asset allocation.
- All of the foregoing.
- Hedging and monetization strategies include all of the following, EXCEPT:
- Use of variable prepaid forwards.
- Gradual sale of shares over time.
- Use of a separate account for increase diversification.
- Exchange traded fund.
- Strategic asset allocation may be implemented through any of the following means, except:
- Index funds.
- Separate account managers.
- Tax deferred retirement accounts.
- Core plus approach.
- The risks of not addressing low basis stock include:
- Severe tax liability.
- Heightened volatility due to lack of diversification.
- Effective risk-management.
- Both a. and b.
Review Questions 17 - 22
Managing WealthStrategic asset allocation is a portfolio strategy that involves setting target allocations for various asset classes, then periodically rebalancing the portfolio back to the original allocations ...
TradingYour portfolio's asset mix is a key factor in whether it's profitable. Find out how to get this delicate balance right.
ETFs & Mutual FundsDiscover three asset allocation mutual funds from American Century Investments. There are funds to match aggressive, moderate and conservative risk profiles.
Managing WealthThere are many strategies to help balance your portfolio. Here are a few to get you started.
Managing WealthAn asset mix should reflect an investor’s current goals. Here are a few strategies for establishing the right allocation.
Managing WealthThe asset allocations of Baby Boomers’ 401(k)s are dangerously out of balance. Here's how to remedy that.
Managing WealthDiscover helpful steps an investor can easily take to improve the performance of his investment portfolio by maximizing gains and minimizing losses.
Financial AdvisorModern Portfolio Theory is showing its age. So which asset allocation model is best?
Financial AdvisorHere are some of the best ways to explain the concept of rebalancing to clients and tips on implementing a regimen.
Managing WealthOverwhelmed by investment options? Learn how to create an asset allocation strategy that works for you.