- Tactical asset allocation differs from strategic asset allocation:
- In that it provides the overall framework for implementation pursuant to the IPS.
- In that it involves shifts in the overall allocation, but only within the context of the strategic allocation in an effort to exploit short term market inefficiencies.
- May impact return.
- Both b. and c.
- Risks of rebalancing include all of the following:
- Additional transaction costs.
- Added tax liability.
- The consistent application of the client's strategic asset allocation.
- All of the foregoing.
- Hedging and monetization strategies include all of the following, EXCEPT:
- Use of variable prepaid forwards.
- Gradual sale of shares over time.
- Use of a separate account for increase diversification.
- Exchange traded fund.
- Strategic asset allocation may be implemented through any of the following means, except:
- Index funds.
- Separate account managers.
- Tax deferred retirement accounts.
- Core plus approach.
- The risks of not addressing low basis stock include:
- Severe tax liability.
- Heightened volatility due to lack of diversification.
- Effective risk-management.
- Both a. and b.
Review Questions 17 - 22
InvestingA strategic asset allocation takes a long-term approach to help an investor achieve their financial goals. Here's how it works.
Financial AdvisorA portfolio is only as strong as its asset allocation. To create the right one, investors need to determine their risk tolerance, time horizon and goals.
InvestingIt involves setting allocations for various asset classes, then periodically rebalancing the portfolio when it deviates from the initial settings.
Financial AdvisorBoth are important to a long-term investment strategy, but asset allocation and security selection have different missions.
Managing WealthThere are many strategies to help balance your portfolio. Here are a few to get you started.
Financial AdvisorModern Portfolio Theory is showing its age. So which asset allocation model is best?
Financial AdvisorHere are some of the best ways to explain the concept of rebalancing to clients and tips on implementing a regimen.
InvestingOverwhelmed by investment options? Learn how to create an asset allocation strategy that works for you.
InvestingLearn about the composition of the American Funds Capital Income Builder fund, and discover how its makeup has evolved between March 2015 and March 2016.
Financial AdvisorRebalancing 401(k) assets can seem daunting but shouldn't be ignored. Here's how to go about it.