Investment Strategies - Review Questions 17 - 22
- With respect to the binomial option pricing and Black-Scholes option valuation models,
- Both represent alternative methods of valuing any option contract.
- Whereas the binomial model lends itself to the valuation of American style options, Black-Scholes is better suited to the pricing of European style options.
- These are factor models similar to APT.
- None of the foregoing.
- Factors which impact the pricing of options include all of the following, EXCEPT:
- The Treasury rate on the two year note.
- The underlying stock price.
- The strike price.
- The time to expiration.
- All of the following are features of the Black-Scholes model, except:
- European style option.
- No dividends.
- Known and constant risk-free rate.
- Discrete time pricing model.
- Known and constant volatility.
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory may best be described as:
- An econometric forecasting model.
- A multifactor model used to price equities.
- A pricing model depicted in the Security Market Line.
- None of the above.
- The Security Market Line:
- Is the linear expression of a multifactor model.
- Calculates the risk-adjusted performance of an individual security.
- Plots the inputs of the Capital Asset Pricing Model.
- All of the foregoing.
- Call options on ΠΧΞ Corporation with seven months to expiry have a strike price of 17. The share price has been erratic and currently trades at approximately $25.58. From the foregoing, one would infer that:
- The option on ΠΧΞ is an inexpensive means of gaining exposure to the actual stock.
- Investors would pay a large premium for this option.
- The $11 premium for this option reflects time value only.
- The $11 premium for this option reflects intrinsic value only.
- a & b.
Career Education & ResourcesIt was a big year for change within the RIA industry. Here are 2015's biggest mergers, acquisitions and buyouts.
Options & FuturesFutures have a number of advantages over options such as fixed upfront trading costs, lack of time decay and liquidity.
Products and InvestmentsThe 10 steps outlined here are essential to the creation of a new financial product.
ProfessionalsHere's an inside look at the workdays of two experienced CPAs, to give you an idea of what it might be like to pursue a career as a public accountant.
ProfessionalsThere’s no typical day in the life of a public accountant, but one accountant’s experience may shed some light on what the career entails.
Saving and SpendingRetirees who don't want to deplete their nest eggs during a bear market should make sure to do the following.
Mutual Funds & ETFsGet a brief overview of Fidelity's seven target risk funds, with a description of each fund's asset allocation and expense ratio.
Investing NewsWarning signs have started to emerge that point to a potentially dismal 2016 for the U.S. economy.
MarketsAlgorithmic HFT has a number of risks, and it also can amplify systemic risk because of its propensity to intensify market volatility.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore analyses of the top three Invesco mutual funds for retirement diversification in 2016, and learn about the characteristics of these target-date funds.
A modification of the Sharpe ratio that differentiates harmful ...
The excess return that investing in the stock market provides ...
The amount of risk that an insurance company retains after subtracting ...
Coverage that provides financial protection to investors, financial ...
The maximum loss from a peak to a trough of a portfolio, before ...
The absolute level of a fund's investments.
Different types of orders allow you to be more specific about how you'd like your broker to fulfill your trades. When you ... Read Full Answer >>
Secured loans are better for the borrower than unsecured loans because the loan terms are more agreeable. Often, the interest ... Read Full Answer >>
Out of the 2,800 mutual funds that Morningstar, Inc., the leading provider of independent investment research in North America, ... Read Full Answer >>
Like all securities, mutual funds are subject to market, or systematic, risk. This is because there is no way to predict ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds have become an incredibly popular option for a wide variety of investors. This is primarily due to the automatic ... Read Full Answer >>
While your auto insurance company cannot pull your full motor vehicle report, or MVR, it does pull a record summary that ... Read Full Answer >>