- "B". the short sale must be executed on a plus-tick.
- "C". investment-grade corporate bonds as they generate income which would be tax-deferred.
- "B". DRIP plans entail the purchase of dividend paying stocks and little else.
- "B". All of the other statements describe the risks of leverage.
- "D". Ease of replication speaks to the heart of passive investing.
- "C". The reason is due to transaction costs associated with the strategy.
- "B". Asset drift could significantly skew the portfolio's risk profile both positively and negatively.
- "C". A zero-cost collar satisfies these requirements.
- "B". This is the greatest risk associated with short selling.
- "D". Such tactical shifts are designed to exploit fleeting opportunities, but may generate additional risks.
- "D". all of the statements describe risks associated with rebalancing.
- "D". An exchange traded fund is not a strategy for dealing with low basis stock. An exchange fund is.
- "C". A tax-deferred retirement account is not an investment strategy but a tax-advantaged vehicle in which one may invest.
- "D". Both statements describe basic risks of concentration in low basis stock.
- "B". All of the other statements describe the determinants of an option's price. T-bills would be the risk-free rate.
- "D". Black-Scholes is a continuous time pricing model.
- "B". This is a simple definition of APT.
- "B". SML and CML differ in that the former uses standard deviation as the risk measure; the latter uses Beta.
- "E". Ceteris paribus, a deep in-the-money option on a high price and volatile stock would be more expensive than if some or all of these conditions did not exist. The $11 premium represents intrinsic and time value as follows. Intrinsic value:25.58-7=8.58; Time value:11.00-8.58=2.42.
- "B". This is a rudimentary definition of binomial options pricing.
- "F". All of the items are acceptable uses of options.
- "D". Options close to expiration are worth less. Though b. and c. do not specify strike prices, the statements imply out of the money options which would carry lower prices.
- "B". This is the definition of a European option. An American style option permits exercise at any time before expiration. An Asian style option is one whose value and payoff are a function of the underlying over a specific time period. Contango is a term relating to futures markets where the futures price exceeds the spot price.
- "E". The question does not specify prices, but one can infer what they are in relation to one another based upon time left to expiration and the degree to which they are in or out of the money.
TradingThe ability to exercise only on the expiration date is what sets these options apart.
TradingThe primary drivers of an option’s price are the underlying stock’s current price, the option’s intrinsic value, its time to expiration and volatility.
InsightsThe importance of game theory to modern analysis and decision-making can be gauged by the fact that since 1970, as many as 12 leading economists and scientists have been awarded the Nobel Prize ...
TradingGet the basics under your cap before you get into the game.
Personal FinanceWe look at average American debt, credit scores and much more so you can find out how you stack up.
InvestingGoogle stock comes in two different flavors with different rights for shareholders.
Financial AdvisorAre hedge funds worth the hype and exclusivity they exude? Let us take a closer look at what is involved when investing with one.
TradingOptions offer alternative strategies for investors to profit from trading underlying securities, provided the beginner understands the pros and cons.
InsuranceMedicare is the United States’ health insurance program for those over age 65. Medicare has four parts, but you might not need them all.