Investment Strategies - Review Answers
- "B". the short sale must be executed on a plus-tick.
- "C". investment-grade corporate bonds as they generate income which would be tax-deferred.
- "B". DRIP plans entail the purchase of dividend paying stocks and little else.
- "B". All of the other statements describe the risks of leverage.
- "D". Ease of replication speaks to the heart of passive investing.
- "C". The reason is due to transaction costs associated with the strategy.
- "B". Asset drift could significantly skew the portfolio's risk profile both positively and negatively.
- "C". A zero-cost collar satisfies these requirements.
- "B". This is the greatest risk associated with short selling.
- "D". Such tactical shifts are designed to exploit fleeting opportunities, but may generate additional risks.
- "D". all of the statements describe risks associated with rebalancing.
- "D". An exchange traded fund is not a strategy for dealing with low basis stock. An exchange fund is.
- "C". A tax-deferred retirement account is not an investment strategy but a tax-advantaged vehicle in which one may invest.
- "D". Both statements describe basic risks of concentration in low basis stock.
- "B". All of the other statements describe the determinants of an option's price. T-bills would be the risk-free rate.
- "D". Black-Scholes is a continuous time pricing model.
- "B". This is a simple definition of APT.
- "B". SML and CML differ in that the former uses standard deviation as the risk measure; the latter uses Beta.
- "E". Ceteris paribus, a deep in-the-money option on a high price and volatile stock would be more expensive than if some or all of these conditions did not exist. The $11 premium represents intrinsic and time value as follows. Intrinsic value:25.58-7=8.58; Time value:11.00-8.58=2.42.
- "B". This is a rudimentary definition of binomial options pricing.
- "F". All of the items are acceptable uses of options.
- "D". Options close to expiration are worth less. Though b. and c. do not specify strike prices, the statements imply out of the money options which would carry lower prices.
- "B". This is the definition of a European option. An American style option permits exercise at any time before expiration. An Asian style option is one whose value and payoff are a function of the underlying over a specific time period. Contango is a term relating to futures markets where the futures price exceeds the spot price.
- "E". The question does not specify prices, but one can infer what they are in relation to one another based upon time left to expiration and the degree to which they are in or out of the money.
InvestingAnalyzing recent financial performance of companies demonstrating an inclination to issue consistent dividends to shareholders on a quarterly basis.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover a comparison between BIB and LABU, and learn about the characteristics and historical performance of these leveraged biotech ETFs.
SavingsDiscover the consumer discretionary sector, industries within this sector and companies producing goods that fall under the consumer discretionary definition.
MarketsThis week’s chart shows how Japanese companies’ inflation expectations have been steadily declining in recent quarters, amid an appreciating yen.
Personal FinanceRead an overview of the JPMorgan Prime Money Market Fund, and learn about its risk-adjusted performance to determine if the fund is a worthwhile investment.
Bonds & Fixed IncomeSovereign debt is not “risk free.” In reality, sovereigns never were devoid of credit risk, but the probability of capital erosion through default, inflation or devaluation has certainly increased ...
Mutual Funds & ETFsTake a good look at the latest trends in ETF costs. While passively managed funds have become less expensive, actively managed funds have not.
Mutual Funds & ETFsPeruse the holdings of the largest tech ETFs, and try not to have flashbacks about the dotcom bubble. Amazon is the only holding with a triple-digit P/E ratio.
EntrepreneurshipFind out which states are outpacing California, Washington, New York and other traditional high-tech hubs in job growth for tech workers.
SavingsHere are 6 questions you should ask to get to know a financial advisor before entrusting them with your financial well-being.
Cities are categorized as Tier I, Tier II, or Tier III depending ...
Bunny market describes a stock market that does not have an obvious ...
Davos man/Davos woman refers to the members of the World Economic ...
File and suspend is a Social Security claim strategy that allows ...
An IRS Form sent to individuals who received minimum essential ...
An IRS form sent to anybody who received health insurance coverage ...
Discover the differences between money market accounts and money market funds, including minimum balance requirements, withdrawal ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the 1003 mortgage application form, what information it requires and why this form is the industry standard for ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the basic types of money market funds and discover how they are characterized by the types of investments that ... Read Answer >>
The first step in planning for long-term goals is actually determining how much you spend on short-term expenses. Once you ... Read Answer >>
Learn what large-cap stocks are and how investors can benefit from common advantages of adding large-cap stocks to their ... Read Answer >>
There's really no pre-determined age when it suddenly becomes necessary to take out a life insurance policy. However, if ... Read Answer >>