Property, Casualty and Liability Insurance - Homeowner Endorsements and Auto Insurance
Endorsements can also be added to a home owner insurance policy at an additional cost to provide extra protection. Examples of endorsements include:
- Guaranteed replacement cost coverage will pay the cost to rebuild your home as long as you have met the requirements of your home insurance policy.
- Extended replacement cost coverage insures your home for a specific value and usually adds a 20-25% extended limit if reconstruction costs run over.
- Inflation Guard increases the amount of your home owner insurance to keep up with inflation so that you can maintain adequate coverage to replace your home in the event of a loss.
- Scheduled personal property protects articles such as jewelry, furs, stamps, coins, guns, computers, antiques, and other items that often exceed normal policy limits in your regular home owners insurance policy. It often provides coverage that is broader than the coverage in the home insurance policy. There normally is not a deductible for this coverage. Increased limits on money and securities provide additional coverage for money, bank notes, securities, and deeds.
- Secondary residence provides protection for a second home such as a summer residence.
- Theft coverage protection broadens the theft coverage to include personal contents in your motor vehicle, trailer or watercraft to be covered without proof of forcible entry.
- Credit card forgery and depositor's forgery coverage provides protection against loss, theft or unauthorized use of credit cards. It also covers forgery of any check, draft, or promissory note. No deductible applies to this endorsement.
The Personal Automobile Policy (PAP) is a package insurance policy that provides coverage for losses that result from legal liability, injury to the insured and/or members of the insured's family, and damage to or loss of the automobile.
Four Parts of Automobile Coverage:
1) Part A- Liability Liability
Insurance covers the potential loss that could result from bodily injury or property damage that was caused by the automobile of the insured. Through the liability coverage, the insurance company is obligated to pay up to the policy limits the loss for which the insured is legally responsible due to an accident.
Liability coverage is considered to be the most important part of a personal auto policy; therefore, most states require a minimum limit of at least $25,000 per accident. Newly acquired vehicles are automatically covered for the first 30 days; however, the insurance company must be notified within the 30-day period to extend the coverage.
Sample policy for Part A could look like:
|Property Damage||Each Accident||$50,000|
Liability coverage is provided for the use of any auto or trailer by the insured and/or any family member, defined as any person related by blood, marriage, or adoption, who resides in the household of the insured. Persons other than the aforementioned are also covered provided that they had permission from the insured to use the automobile.
Exclusions to Coverage:
a) Coverage is denied for anyone that intentionally causes an accident
b) Any person, other than a family member, that uses the auto without your permission
c) Autos being used in a racing competition
d) Liability while the auto is being used as a delivery vehicle
e) Damage to property owned or being transported by the insured Automobile Insurance: Medical Coverage and Uninsured Motorists
Investing BasicsBuying below the margin of safety minimizes the risk to the investor.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the PowerShares S&P 500 Downside Hedged ETF, and learn detailed information about characteristics, suitability and recommendations of it.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the Guggenheim Enhanced Short Duration ETF, and learn detailed information about this fund that focuses on fixed-income securities.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the Shares Morningstar Small-Cap Value ETF, and learn detailed information about this exchange-traded fund that focuses on small-cap equities.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the iShares MSCI KLD 400 Social exchange-traded fund, and learn detailed information about its characteristics, suitability and recommendations.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the Guggenheim BulletShares 2018 High Yield Corporate Bond ETF, and get information about this ETF that focuses on high-yield corporate bonds.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the PowerShares DWA SmallCap Momentum Portfolio ETF, and explore detailed analysis the fund's characteristics, suitability and recommendations.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn information about the ProShares Large Cap Core Plus ETF, and explore detailed analysis of its characteristics, suitability and recommendations.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the iShares Core Growth Allocation Fund, and learn detailed information about its characteristics, suitability and recommendations.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about the Vanguard Total World Stock exchange-traded fund, which invests in stocks located in numerous countries with a high level of diversification.
The amount of risk that an insurance company retains after subtracting ...
Coverage that provides financial protection to investors, financial ...
The maximum loss from a peak to a trough of a portfolio, before ...
The absolute level of a fund's investments.
A technique used by insurance companies to calculate loss reserves.
The financial benefit that a risk-taking activity will bring ...
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or FDIC, is a government-run agency that provides protection against losses if ... Read Full Answer >>
The rise of index trading may increase the overall vulnerability of the stock market due to increased correlations between ... Read Full Answer >>
The term delta refers to the change in price of an underlying stock or exchange-traded fund (ETF) as compared to the corresponding ... Read Full Answer >>
An investor who is overweight in a particular sector risks a loss in value for the portfolio if there is a downturn in that ... Read Full Answer >>
The retail sector consists of companies operating in multiple industries such as specialty retail, general retail, food and ... Read Full Answer >>
Like all equity investments, insurance companies present investors with market risk. Insurance companies, like banks, also ... Read Full Answer >>