Property, Casualty and Liability Insurance - Homeowner Endorsements and Auto Insurance
Endorsements can also be added to a home owner insurance policy at an additional cost to provide extra protection. Examples of endorsements include:
- Guaranteed replacement cost coverage will pay the cost to rebuild your home as long as you have met the requirements of your home insurance policy.
- Extended replacement cost coverage insures your home for a specific value and usually adds a 20-25% extended limit if reconstruction costs run over.
- Inflation Guard increases the amount of your home owner insurance to keep up with inflation so that you can maintain adequate coverage to replace your home in the event of a loss.
- Scheduled personal property protects articles such as jewelry, furs, stamps, coins, guns, computers, antiques, and other items that often exceed normal policy limits in your regular home owners insurance policy. It often provides coverage that is broader than the coverage in the home insurance policy. There normally is not a deductible for this coverage. Increased limits on money and securities provide additional coverage for money, bank notes, securities, and deeds.
- Secondary residence provides protection for a second home such as a summer residence.
- Theft coverage protection broadens the theft coverage to include personal contents in your motor vehicle, trailer or watercraft to be covered without proof of forcible entry.
- Credit card forgery and depositor's forgery coverage provides protection against loss, theft or unauthorized use of credit cards. It also covers forgery of any check, draft, or promissory note. No deductible applies to this endorsement.
The Personal Automobile Policy (PAP) is a package insurance policy that provides coverage for losses that result from legal liability, injury to the insured and/or members of the insured's family, and damage to or loss of the automobile.
Four Parts of Automobile Coverage:
1) Part A- Liability Liability
Insurance covers the potential loss that could result from bodily injury or property damage that was caused by the automobile of the insured. Through the liability coverage, the insurance company is obligated to pay up to the policy limits the loss for which the insured is legally responsible due to an accident.
Liability coverage is considered to be the most important part of a personal auto policy; therefore, most states require a minimum limit of at least $25,000 per accident. Newly acquired vehicles are automatically covered for the first 30 days; however, the insurance company must be notified within the 30-day period to extend the coverage.
Sample policy for Part A could look like:
|Property Damage||Each Accident||$50,000|
Liability coverage is provided for the use of any auto or trailer by the insured and/or any family member, defined as any person related by blood, marriage, or adoption, who resides in the household of the insured. Persons other than the aforementioned are also covered provided that they had permission from the insured to use the automobile.
Exclusions to Coverage:
a) Coverage is denied for anyone that intentionally causes an accident
b) Any person, other than a family member, that uses the auto without your permission
c) Autos being used in a racing competition
d) Liability while the auto is being used as a delivery vehicle
e) Damage to property owned or being transported by the insured Automobile Insurance: Medical Coverage and Uninsured Motorists
Career Education & ResourcesIt was a big year for change within the RIA industry. Here are 2015's biggest mergers, acquisitions and buyouts.
Options & FuturesFutures have a number of advantages over options such as fixed upfront trading costs, lack of time decay and liquidity.
Products and InvestmentsThe 10 steps outlined here are essential to the creation of a new financial product.
ProfessionalsHere's an inside look at the workdays of two experienced CPAs, to give you an idea of what it might be like to pursue a career as a public accountant.
ProfessionalsThere’s no typical day in the life of a public accountant, but one accountant’s experience may shed some light on what the career entails.
Saving and SpendingRetirees who don't want to deplete their nest eggs during a bear market should make sure to do the following.
Mutual Funds & ETFsGet a brief overview of Fidelity's seven target risk funds, with a description of each fund's asset allocation and expense ratio.
Investing NewsWarning signs have started to emerge that point to a potentially dismal 2016 for the U.S. economy.
MarketsAlgorithmic HFT has a number of risks, and it also can amplify systemic risk because of its propensity to intensify market volatility.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore analyses of the top three Invesco mutual funds for retirement diversification in 2016, and learn about the characteristics of these target-date funds.
A modification of the Sharpe ratio that differentiates harmful ...
The excess return that investing in the stock market provides ...
The amount of risk that an insurance company retains after subtracting ...
Coverage that provides financial protection to investors, financial ...
The maximum loss from a peak to a trough of a portfolio, before ...
The absolute level of a fund's investments.
Different types of orders allow you to be more specific about how you'd like your broker to fulfill your trades. When you ... Read Full Answer >>
Secured loans are better for the borrower than unsecured loans because the loan terms are more agreeable. Often, the interest ... Read Full Answer >>
Out of the 2,800 mutual funds that Morningstar, Inc., the leading provider of independent investment research in North America, ... Read Full Answer >>
Like all securities, mutual funds are subject to market, or systematic, risk. This is because there is no way to predict ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds have become an incredibly popular option for a wide variety of investors. This is primarily due to the automatic ... Read Full Answer >>
While your auto insurance company cannot pull your full motor vehicle report, or MVR, it does pull a record summary that ... Read Full Answer >>