5. Lori, a Florida resident, has a traditional IRA with a fair market value of $100,000 at her death. The IRA was setup through a large bank several years ago and she named her daughter (Beth) as the beneficiary. In Lori's will document she stated that she wanted her brother (Tommy) to get the IRA assets. On her deathbed, she promised them to her grandson (Mike). Legally, who will get the IRA assets?
A) The state of Florida
B) Brother Tommy
C) Daughter Beth
D) Grandson Mike
6. Which of the following are successful probate avoidance strategies?
(3) Individual brokerage accounts
(4) Revocable trusts
(5) Tenancy in common
A) 1, 2 and 4 only
B) 1, 2 and 5 only
C) 3, 4 and 5 only
D) All of the above 7. A person that dies without a will is said to have died how?
C) Per stirpes
D) By designated beneficiary
8. All of the following are disadvantages of the probate process EXCEPT:
A) Time consuming
B) Creditor notification
D) Public exposure
9. Which of the following is NOT a true statement concerning the probate and transfer process?
A) Both revocable and irrevocable trusts avoid probate
B) Life insurance proceeds pass by contract
C) A specific bequest leaves a specific asset to a specified person
D) Annuity accounts pass by transfer in the decedent's will
RetirementDon't let bad estate planning lead to unnecessary costs and stress for your inheritors.
RetirementSometimes things go wrong in a simple transfer of funds. Make sure you know how to avoid penalties.
RetirementWhile the recommended savings rate has historically been 10%, indications are that today, most Americans are putting away less than 5%
RetirementDesignating a trust as your IRA beneficiary can be beneficial, but it requires proper planning to avoid problems.
Personal FinanceThis arrangement allows beneficiaries to access your account without having to go to court.
RetirementCongratulations, you’re halfway done! Now that you know what you have along with some idea of how to accomplish your goals, it’s time to go over your portfolio to see whether it fits ...
RetirementBy Denise ApplebyWho Can Establish a Traditional IRA?Any individual who has taxable compensation or self-employment income (earned by sole proprietors and partners) for the year, and will not ...
Entrepreneurship & Small BusinessThese three female entrepreneurs overcame difficult pasts to start and nurture their own businesses.
Managing WealthWills and revocable trusts are the cornerstone of estate planning, learn how you may spend considerable time and money maintaining these documents.
RetirementLearn how to quantify each client's specific dreams and create a realistic financial plan.