Risk and Return Measures - Sample Questions 27 - 31
- Cost of capital:
- Is referred to the capitalization rate in the real estate valuation process.
- Represents the required rate of return for a project.
- May be derived using the capital asset pricing model.
- All of the foregoing.
- The capitalized earnings valuation method may be used to appraise the worth of:
- Common stock.
- Step-up notes.
- Preferred stock and real estate.
- Mortgage backed securities.
- If a bond's yield declines from 6.3% to 4.9% and its price increases 6.5%, then its duration is:
- Either a or b
- Inputs to the constant growth dividend model include all of the following, except:
- The risk-free rate.
- The current yield on corporate bonds of similar maturity.
- The company's dividend stream.
- The beta of the stock being evaluated.
- The projected earnings growth rate.
- With respect to duration, which of the following definitions correct?
- The degree of a bond's volatility in response to interest rate fluctuations.
- How quickly the creditor expects to be repaid.
- Of two bonds with identical maturities, the more highly rated paper has the lower duration.
- Comparing two bonds of equal maturity, the zero coupon bond has the longer duration.
- I, II, III
- III, IV
- I, II, IV
- I, II, III, IV
Career Education & ResourcesIt was a big year for change within the RIA industry. Here are 2015's biggest mergers, acquisitions and buyouts.
Options & FuturesFutures have a number of advantages over options such as fixed upfront trading costs, lack of time decay and liquidity.
Products and InvestmentsThe 10 steps outlined here are essential to the creation of a new financial product.
ProfessionalsHere's an inside look at the workdays of two experienced CPAs, to give you an idea of what it might be like to pursue a career as a public accountant.
ProfessionalsThere’s no typical day in the life of a public accountant, but one accountant’s experience may shed some light on what the career entails.
Saving and SpendingRetirees who don't want to deplete their nest eggs during a bear market should make sure to do the following.
Mutual Funds & ETFsGet a brief overview of Fidelity's seven target risk funds, with a description of each fund's asset allocation and expense ratio.
Investing NewsWarning signs have started to emerge that point to a potentially dismal 2016 for the U.S. economy.
MarketsAlgorithmic HFT has a number of risks, and it also can amplify systemic risk because of its propensity to intensify market volatility.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore analyses of the top three Invesco mutual funds for retirement diversification in 2016, and learn about the characteristics of these target-date funds.
A modification of the Sharpe ratio that differentiates harmful ...
The excess return that investing in the stock market provides ...
The amount of risk that an insurance company retains after subtracting ...
Coverage that provides financial protection to investors, financial ...
The maximum loss from a peak to a trough of a portfolio, before ...
The absolute level of a fund's investments.
Different types of orders allow you to be more specific about how you'd like your broker to fulfill your trades. When you ... Read Full Answer >>
Secured loans are better for the borrower than unsecured loans because the loan terms are more agreeable. Often, the interest ... Read Full Answer >>
Out of the 2,800 mutual funds that Morningstar, Inc., the leading provider of independent investment research in North America, ... Read Full Answer >>
Like all securities, mutual funds are subject to market, or systematic, risk. This is because there is no way to predict ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds have become an incredibly popular option for a wide variety of investors. This is primarily due to the automatic ... Read Full Answer >>
While your auto insurance company cannot pull your full motor vehicle report, or MVR, it does pull a record summary that ... Read Full Answer >>