- Cost of capital:
- Is referred to the capitalization rate in the real estate valuation process.
- Represents the required rate of return for a project.
- May be derived using the capital asset pricing model.
- All of the foregoing.
- The capitalized earnings valuation method may be used to appraise the worth of:
- Common stock.
- Step-up notes.
- Preferred stock and real estate.
- Mortgage backed securities.
- If a bond's yield declines from 6.3% to 4.9% and its price increases 6.5%, then its duration is:
- Either a or b
- Inputs to the constant growth dividend model include all of the following, except:
- The risk-free rate.
- The current yield on corporate bonds of similar maturity.
- The company's dividend stream.
- The beta of the stock being evaluated.
- The projected earnings growth rate.
- With respect to duration, which of the following definitions correct?
- The degree of a bond's volatility in response to interest rate fluctuations.
- How quickly the creditor expects to be repaid.
- Of two bonds with identical maturities, the more highly rated paper has the lower duration.
- Comparing two bonds of equal maturity, the zero coupon bond has the longer duration.
- I, II, III
- III, IV
- I, II, IV
- I, II, III, IV
Answers 1 - 20
InvestingFind out how this measure can help fixed-income investors manage their portfolios.
Financial AdvisorLearn how an increase in the federal funds rate may impact a bond portfolio. Read about how investors can use the duration of their portfolio to reduce risk.
InvestingWe look at the meaning of two terms that often get confused, duration and maturity, to set the record straight.
InvestingDuration measures a fixed-income’s sensitivity to changes in interest rates.
InvestingBig-money investors can hedge against bond portfolio losses caused by rate fluctuations.
InvestingDuration tells investors the length of time it will take a bond's cash flows to repay the investor the price he or she paid for the bond. A bond's duration is stated as a number of years and ...
InvestingLearn about bond mutual funds that investors may want to consider for 2016. Understand why the risk of rising interest rates is a concern heading into 2016.
InvestingInvestors base investing decisions and strategies on yield to maturity more so than coupon rates.