- Cost of capital:
- Is referred to the capitalization rate in the real estate valuation process.
- Represents the required rate of return for a project.
- May be derived using the capital asset pricing model.
- All of the foregoing.
- The capitalized earnings valuation method may be used to appraise the worth of:
- Common stock.
- Step-up notes.
- Preferred stock and real estate.
- Mortgage backed securities.
- If a bond's yield declines from 6.3% to 4.9% and its price increases 6.5%, then its duration is:
- Either a or b
- Inputs to the constant growth dividend model include all of the following, except:
- The risk-free rate.
- The current yield on corporate bonds of similar maturity.
- The company's dividend stream.
- The beta of the stock being evaluated.
- The projected earnings growth rate.
- With respect to duration, which of the following definitions correct?
- The degree of a bond's volatility in response to interest rate fluctuations.
- How quickly the creditor expects to be repaid.
- Of two bonds with identical maturities, the more highly rated paper has the lower duration.
- Comparing two bonds of equal maturity, the zero coupon bond has the longer duration.
- I, II, III
- III, IV
- I, II, IV
- I, II, III, IV
Answers 1 - 20
MarketsThe term duration has a special meaning in the context of bonds. It is a measurement of how long, in years, it takes for the price of a bond to be repaid by its internal cash flows. It is an ...
Managing WealthWhile recent market volatility is leading investors to look for the nearest exit, here are some suggestions for bond exposure in attractive sectors.
MarketsFind out how this measure can help fixed-income investors manage their portfolios.
MarketsLearn how an increase in the federal funds rate may impact a bond portfolio. Read about how investors can use the duration of their portfolio to reduce risk.
ETFs & Mutual FundsDuration measures a fixed-income’s sensitivity to changes in interest rates.
InvestingBig-money investors can hedge against bond portfolio losses caused by rate fluctuations.
MarketsA guide to help to understand the simple math behind fixed-coupon corporate bonds.
Financial AdvisorThe interest rate increase by the Fed was one of the most widely anticipated in history. Here's what it means for bond mutual funds.
MarketsDuration tells investors the length of time it will take a bond's cash flows to repay the investor the price he or she paid for the bond. A bond's duration is stated as a number of years and ...
Managing WealthLearn about how investors should evaluate bond performance. See how the maturity of a bond can impact its exposure to interest rate risk.