- With respect to the internal rate of return on an investment (IRR):
- It is the weighted average term to maturity of a bond's cash flows.
- It strips out the cash flow bias for an investment's return.
- It is a simple period return.
- It is a dollar weighted return which assumes reinvestment at the IRR to maturity.
- All of the following are forms of dollar weighted return, except:
- Yield to Maturity.
- Yield to Call.
- Internal Rate of Return.
- None of the foregoing.
- The current yield of Varity Corp. 9.07 of 20 is:
- 8.9% if Varity's current market value is 102
- 10.4% if Varity trades presently at 874
- a & c
- b & c
- Taxable Equivalent Yield may be defined as:
- The different between a tax-exempt yield and a taxable yield.
- The rate at which the investor would be indifferent to the tax-exempt yield.
- The yield obtained by "grossing up" the tax-exempt yield by the reciprocal of the investor's marginal tax bracket.
- Both b & c
- None of the foregoing.
- The nominal return on an investment is 11.34%. The real return is:
- The nominal return adjusted for inflation.
- 7.57% using a 3% inflation assumption.
- 7.57% using a 3.5% inflation assumption.
- Both a & c
Sample Questions 6 - 10
Entrepreneurship & Small BusinessThe internal rate of return on investments is explained and illustrated in different investment scenarios.
MarketsAny investor, private or institutional, should be aware of the diverse types and calculations of bond yields before an actual investment.
Managing WealthWe give you four equations to help figure out the yields on your investments.
MarketsA bond's current yield, also called "bond yield," is the interest it pays annually divided by the bond's price. A stock's current yield, also called "dividend yield," is the sum of its annual ...
InvestingRead about the similarities and differences between an investment's internal rate of return (IRR) and its return on investment (ROI).
InvestingUse this method to choose which project or investment is right for you.
TradingUsing yields to supplement earnings can mean big bucks, with the right strategy.
MarketsInvestopedia Explains: Bond yield, Bond price, yield to maturity, the link between price and yield and bond price in the market.
InvestingThere are numerous ways to value investments, and many investors prefer a specific valuation method. Yield investing is one way to value a stock by comparing the current price to various factors. ...
MarketsIn the last section of this tutorial, we touched on the concept of required yield. In this section we'll explain what this means and take a closer look into how various yields are calculated. ...