- With respect to the internal rate of return on an investment (IRR):
- It is the weighted average term to maturity of a bond's cash flows.
- It strips out the cash flow bias for an investment's return.
- It is a simple period return.
- It is a dollar weighted return which assumes reinvestment at the IRR to maturity.
- All of the following are forms of dollar weighted return, except:
- Yield to Maturity.
- Yield to Call.
- Internal Rate of Return.
- None of the foregoing.
- The current yield of Varity Corp. 9.07 of 20 is:
- 8.9% if Varity's current market value is 102
- 10.4% if Varity trades presently at 874
- a & c
- b & c
- Taxable Equivalent Yield may be defined as:
- The different between a tax-exempt yield and a taxable yield.
- The rate at which the investor would be indifferent to the tax-exempt yield.
- The yield obtained by "grossing up" the tax-exempt yield by the reciprocal of the investor's marginal tax bracket.
- Both b & c
- None of the foregoing.
- The nominal return on an investment is 11.34%. The real return is:
- The nominal return adjusted for inflation.
- 7.57% using a 3% inflation assumption.
- 7.57% using a 3.5% inflation assumption.
- Both a & c
Sample Questions 6 - 10
InvestingAny investor, private or institutional, should be aware of the diverse types and calculations of bond yields before an actual investment.
InvestingWe give you four equations to help figure out the yields on your investments.
InvestingA bond's current yield, also called "bond yield," is the interest it pays annually divided by the bond's price. A stock's current yield, also called "dividend yield," is the sum of its annual ...
InvestingRead about the similarities and differences between an investment's internal rate of return (IRR) and its return on investment (ROI).
Managing WealthUsing yields to supplement earnings can mean big bucks, with the right strategy.
InvestingYield to worst is the lowest possible yield on a bond that may be called in the future.
Financial AdvisorExplore analyses of three tax-exempt money market funds that may be suitable for high net worth investors, and learn about the characteristics of these funds.
InvestingThere are numerous ways to value investments, and many investors prefer a specific valuation method. Yield investing is one way to value a stock by comparing the current price to various factors. ...
InvestingYield to maturity is a basic investing concept used by investors to compare bonds of different coupons and times until maturity.