Investment Theory and Portfolio Development - Review Questions 7 - 12
- Rocco's portfolio returned 9.32% last year when the market returned 11.24%. The risk-free rate was 6.01% and the β for his portfolio as 1.09. From this scenario, we would conclude that:
- Rocco's portfolio was overvalued.
- Rocco's portfolio was undervalued and added alpha.
- There are insufficient data to draw a conclusion.
- The forecast return and the required return on Rocco's portfolio are equal.
- All of the following terms are associated with technical analysis, EXCEPT:
- Advance/Decline Line.
- Quick Ratio.
- Head and shoulders.
- Candlestick charting.
- Examples of expansionary monetary policy include all of the following, except:
- lowering reserve requirements.
- FOMC purchase of government securities.
- Increased government spending.
- Decrease in the discount rate.
- The creation of the investment policy statement forms the basis for:
- Strategic asset allocation.
- Tactical asset allocation.
- All of the foregoing.
- The Sharpe and Treynor ratios have all of the following in common, except:
- They measure risk-adjusted performance.
- They use total risk in the denominator.
- They may be used to evaluate individual securities as well as portfolios.
- The greater the ratios, the greater degree to which the performance is worth the risk.
- All of the following statements accurately describe the attributes of a benchmark, except:
Options & FuturesFutures have a number of advantages over options such as fixed upfront trading costs, lack of time decay and liquidity.
Products and InvestmentsThe 10 steps outlined here are essential to the creation of a new financial product.
ProfessionalsHere's an inside look at the workdays of two experienced CPAs, to give you an idea of what it might be like to pursue a career as a public accountant.
ProfessionalsThere’s no typical day in the life of a public accountant, but one accountant’s experience may shed some light on what the career entails.
Saving and SpendingRetirees who don't want to deplete their nest eggs during a bear market should make sure to do the following.
Mutual Funds & ETFsGet a brief overview of Fidelity's seven target risk funds, with a description of each fund's asset allocation and expense ratio.
Investing NewsWarning signs have started to emerge that point to a potentially dismal 2016 for the U.S. economy.
MarketsAlgorithmic HFT has a number of risks, and it also can amplify systemic risk because of its propensity to intensify market volatility.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore analyses of the top three Invesco mutual funds for retirement diversification in 2016, and learn about the characteristics of these target-date funds.
Investing BasicsHedging risk is always a good idea. Here is how sophisticated investors go about it.
A modification of the Sharpe ratio that differentiates harmful ...
The excess return that investing in the stock market provides ...
The amount of risk that an insurance company retains after subtracting ...
Coverage that provides financial protection to investors, financial ...
The maximum loss from a peak to a trough of a portfolio, before ...
The absolute level of a fund's investments.
Different types of orders allow you to be more specific about how you'd like your broker to fulfill your trades. When you ... Read Full Answer >>
Secured loans are better for the borrower than unsecured loans because the loan terms are more agreeable. Often, the interest ... Read Full Answer >>
Out of the 2,800 mutual funds that Morningstar, Inc., the leading provider of independent investment research in North America, ... Read Full Answer >>
Like all securities, mutual funds are subject to market, or systematic, risk. This is because there is no way to predict ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds have become an incredibly popular option for a wide variety of investors. This is primarily due to the automatic ... Read Full Answer >>
While your auto insurance company cannot pull your full motor vehicle report, or MVR, it does pull a record summary that ... Read Full Answer >>