- Rocco's portfolio returned 9.32% last year when the market returned 11.24%. The risk-free rate was 6.01% and the β for his portfolio as 1.09. From this scenario, we would conclude that:
- Rocco's portfolio was overvalued.
- Rocco's portfolio was undervalued and added alpha.
- There are insufficient data to draw a conclusion.
- The forecast return and the required return on Rocco's portfolio are equal.
- All of the following terms are associated with technical analysis, EXCEPT:
- Advance/Decline Line.
- Quick Ratio.
- Head and shoulders.
- Candlestick charting.
- Examples of expansionary monetary policy include all of the following, except:
- lowering reserve requirements.
- FOMC purchase of government securities.
- Increased government spending.
- Decrease in the discount rate.
- The creation of the investment policy statement forms the basis for:
- Strategic asset allocation.
- Tactical asset allocation.
- All of the foregoing.
- The Sharpe and Treynor ratios have all of the following in common, except:
- They measure risk-adjusted performance.
- They use total risk in the denominator.
- They may be used to evaluate individual securities as well as portfolios.
- The greater the ratios, the greater degree to which the performance is worth the risk.
- All of the following statements accurately describe the attributes of a benchmark, except:
Review Questions 13 - 18
Financial AdvisorLearn three ratios that will help you evaluate your investment returns.
Financial AdvisorThe Jensen index helps investors compare realized returns to what should've been achieved.
Personal FinanceAn accounting career doesn't have to be boring. If you love numbers, but want excitement as well, consider the field of showbiz accounting.
Managing WealthMinimizing risk while maximizing return with the right mix of securities is the key to achieving your optimal asset allocation.
InvestingHow to select and build a benchmark to measure the performance of your investment portfolio
InvestingThe Jensen measure is another tool investors use to include risk when measuring portfolio performance.
InvestingLearn how to follow the efficient frontier to increase your chances of successful investing.
InvestingThis involves setting allocations for various asset classes, then yearly rebalancing the portfolio when it deviates from the initial settings.
Managing WealthLearn about three simple steps you can use to evaluate the annual performance of your investment portfolio, and why rate of return isn't enough.
InvestingHow do you build an optimally balanced portfolio? A lot depends on your appetite for risk, and your understanding of rebalancing.