- One may describe the information ratio as follows:
- It measures risk adjusted performance of a manager using beta as the adjustment for risk.
- It is used to ascertain the ability of an investment manager to add risk-adjusted return.
- It is designed to measure a manager's performance adjusted for total risk.
- Either a or c.
- An investor's purchase of municipal bonds would be prudent when:
- The investor seeks tax-free income.
- The investor's marginal tax rate is high.
- The investor is looking to avoid the intangibles tax.
- The investor wants to increase income.
- Contrarian indicators include all of the following, except:
- CBOE Put/Call Ratio.
- Odd Lot Short Sales Theory.
- Mutual fund cash position.
- Relative strength.
- Challenges to technical analysis exclude all of the following, except:
- Pure expectations hypothesis.
- The Laffer Curve.
- Supply side economics.
- The Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH).
- Profitability Ratios include all of the following, except:
- Dividend payout ratio.
- Inventory turnover.
- Return on equity.
- Return on assets.
- Elements of fiscal policy designed to tighten money supply exclude all of the following, except:
- Purchase government securities.
- Raise taxes.
- Increase deficit spending.
- Raise the discount rate.
InvestingRatio analysis is the use of quantitative analysis of financial information in a company’s financial statements. The analysis is done by comparing line items in a company’s financial ...
InvestingDeciding whether it's possible to attain above-average returns requires an understanding of EMH.
TaxesThe Laffer Curve is a graph that shows how changes in tax rates can influence economic growth.
TaxesFeel like the government always has its hand in your pocket? Learn the theory behind how it decides how much to take.
InvestingThere are many types of efficiency ratios, but all measure how well a company utilizes its resources to make a profit. Business managers use these ratios to determine how well they are operating ...
InvestingMake informed decisions about your investments with these easy equations.
InvestingUsing the following liquidity, profitability and debt ratios, an investor can gather deeper knowledge of a retail company's short-term and long-term outlook.
InsightsThe efficient market hypothesis (EMH) suggests that stock prices fully reflect all available information in the market. Is this possible?
InvestingFinancial analysis is a general term that refers to using financial data to make business and investment decisions.
InvestingThe payback ratio and retention ratio collect different information and are useful in different situations.