Regulations - Summary And Review
An Associated Person (AP) is one of several kinds of individuals or firms that must register with the FCTC; each of these categories has its own rules governing registration. The AP must be familiar with rules governing opening accounts and reporting positions, as well as rules governing futures commission merchants (FCMs), introducing brokers (IBs), commodity pool operators (CPOs) and commodity trading advisors (CTAs). The AP must further be familiar with NFA rules governing arbitration and disciplinary proceedings.
- A firm need not register with the CFTC if it is already registered with the:
- Both A and B
- Neither A nor B
- Every AP is qualified to
I. take customer orders
II. trade on her firm's account
III. trade on a customer's discretionary account
IV. supervise other APs
a. I only
b. I and II
c. I, II and III
d. I, II, III and IV
- Large-scale traders must report their positions
- Which is NOT a stipulation of Rule 2-29 governing public communications?
- Promotional materials may not be deceptive or misleading
- Promotional materials may not use high-pressure sales tactics
- Testimonials must prominently state, in all cases, that they are paid testimonials.
- Must be accompanied by an equally prominent statement of the risk of loss
- Which statement about disciplinary procedures is TRUE :
- Investigations are initiated by the NFA's Business Conduct Committee.
- All violations are dealt with through the procedure of convening hearings.
- There is no appeal in the disciplinary hearing process.
- Monetary fines cannot exceed $250,000.
- A securities broker/dealer may offer security futures contracts.
- Which of the following individuals may approve security futures accounts?
- Series 24
- Series 3
- Series 30
- Series 53
- The following are self-regulatory organizations.
I. The SEC
1. II, III, V
2. I, III, V
3. II, III
4. I,II, III
- Brokerage and futures accounts are subject to substantially similar rules on account protection.
- Associated persons are subject to binding arbitration as are FINRA securities licenses.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out about the PowerShares S&P 500 Downside Hedged ETF, and learn detailed information about characteristics, suitability and recommendations of it.
Chart AdvisorTraders are turning to these exchange-traded notes and exchange-traded funds to analyze key commodities and determine what could be coming next.
Credit & LoansU.S. students place 27th in math and 20th in science out of 34 countries. The United States must reform its education system or harm future economic productivity and global trade competitiveness.
Investing NewsNot sure where oil and gold are headed? The answer is complex.
Investing BasicsForward rate agreement (FRA) refers to an interest rate or foreign exchange hedging strategy.
InvestingUse Fibonacci studies to analyze gold by picking out hidden harmonic levels that can provide major support or resistance.
Options & FuturesVolatility is not the only way to measure risk. Learn about the "new science of risk management".
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out more about the United States Natural Gas exchange-traded fund, the characteristics of the ETF and the suitability and recommendations of it.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out more about the United States Oil Fund, the characteristics of USO, and the suitability and recommendations of the ETF for investors.
InvestingAn asset class of this bull market has been high yield debt, as many searching for income in a low-rate world have turned to these higher-yielding bonds.
A security with a price that is dependent upon or derived from ...
A securities license entitling the holder to register as a limited ...
A transaction that can cancel out a forward contract that has ...
The security that is delivered by the short position holder in ...
A financial instrument whose value is based on the value of another ...
A qualification earned by insurance professionals and conferred ...
If you are older than 59.5 and have been contributing to your IRA for more than five years, you may withdraw funds to pay ... Read Full Answer >>
If you are over 59.5, or separate from your plan-sponsoring employer after age 55, you are free to use your 401(k) to pay ... Read Full Answer >>
Traders roll over futures contracts to switch from the front month contract that is close to expiration to another contract ... Read Full Answer >>
Different types of companies may enter into futures contracts for different purposes. The most common reason is to hedge ... Read Full Answer >>
The value of a futures contract is derived from the cash value of the underlying asset. While a futures contract may have ... Read Full Answer >>
The primary risks associated with trading derivatives are market, counterparty, liquidity and interconnection risks. Derivatives ... Read Full Answer >>