Regulations - Summary And Review
An Associated Person (AP) is one of several kinds of individuals or firms that must register with the FCTC; each of these categories has its own rules governing registration. The AP must be familiar with rules governing opening accounts and reporting positions, as well as rules governing futures commission merchants (FCMs), introducing brokers (IBs), commodity pool operators (CPOs) and commodity trading advisors (CTAs). The AP must further be familiar with NFA rules governing arbitration and disciplinary proceedings.
- A firm need not register with the CFTC if it is already registered with the:
- Both A and B
- Neither A nor B
- Every AP is qualified to
I. take customer orders
II. trade on her firm's account
III. trade on a customer's discretionary account
IV. supervise other APs
a. I only
b. I and II
c. I, II and III
d. I, II, III and IV
- Large-scale traders must report their positions
- Which is NOT a stipulation of Rule 2-29 governing public communications?
- Promotional materials may not be deceptive or misleading
- Promotional materials may not use high-pressure sales tactics
- Testimonials must prominently state, in all cases, that they are paid testimonials.
- Must be accompanied by an equally prominent statement of the risk of loss
- Which statement about disciplinary procedures is TRUE :
- Investigations are initiated by the NFA's Business Conduct Committee.
- All violations are dealt with through the procedure of convening hearings.
- There is no appeal in the disciplinary hearing process.
- Monetary fines cannot exceed $250,000.
- A securities broker/dealer may offer security futures contracts.
- Which of the following individuals may approve security futures accounts?
- Series 24
- Series 3
- Series 30
- Series 53
- The following are self-regulatory organizations.
I. The SEC
1. II, III, V
2. I, III, V
3. II, III
4. I,II, III
- Brokerage and futures accounts are subject to substantially similar rules on account protection.
- Associated persons are subject to binding arbitration as are FINRA securities licenses.
Mutual Funds & ETFsGet information about some of the most popular and best-performing mutual funds that are focused on commodity-related investments.
Chart AdvisorAgriculture stocks have experienced strong moves higher over recent weeks, but chart patterns on sugar, corn and wheat are suggesting the moves could be short lived.
Investing NewsShares of Glencore International, a leading multinational commodities and mining company, jumped by around 15% on London Stock Exchange, after the shares had gained about 71% earlier on the Hong ...
Investing BasicsPlain vanilla is a term used in investing to describe the most basic types of financial instruments.
InvestingCommodity prices have been heading lower for more than four years, being the worst performing asset class of 2015 with more losses in cyclical commodities.
InvestingWest Texas Intermediate oil futures have recently made pronounced movements. What do they bode for the world market?
InvestingGrowing global demand for quinoa has impacted Bolivian farmers' way of life. Should the American consumer be wary of buying this product?
EconomicsThe Fed continues to delay normalizing rates, citing inflation concerns and “global economic and financial developments” in explaining its rationale.
Investing NewsAlcoa plans to split into two companies. Is this a bullish catalyst for investors?
InvestingIn an industry still largely predominated by men, we look at 6 leading female value investors working today.
The estimated volatility of a security's price.
The most basic or standard version of a financial instrument, ...
A security with a price that is dependent upon or derived from ...
A securities license entitling the holder to register as a limited ...
A transaction that can cancel out a forward contract that has ...
The security that is delivered by the short position holder in ...
Financial advisors are not required to have university degrees. However, they are required to pass certain exams administered ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds invest in not only stocks and fixed-income securities but also options and futures. There exists a separate ... Read Full Answer >>
If you are older than 59.5 and have been contributing to your IRA for more than five years, you may withdraw funds to pay ... Read Full Answer >>
If you are over 59.5, or separate from your plan-sponsoring employer after age 55, you are free to use your 401(k) to pay ... Read Full Answer >>
Traders roll over futures contracts to switch from the front month contract that is close to expiration to another contract ... Read Full Answer >>
Different types of companies may enter into futures contracts for different purposes. The most common reason is to hedge ... Read Full Answer >>