Regulations - Summary And Review
An Associated Person (AP) is one of several kinds of individuals or firms that must register with the FCTC; each of these categories has its own rules governing registration. The AP must be familiar with rules governing opening accounts and reporting positions, as well as rules governing futures commission merchants (FCMs), introducing brokers (IBs), commodity pool operators (CPOs) and commodity trading advisors (CTAs). The AP must further be familiar with NFA rules governing arbitration and disciplinary proceedings.
- A firm need not register with the CFTC if it is already registered with the:
- Both A and B
- Neither A nor B
- Every AP is qualified to
I. take customer orders
II. trade on her firm's account
III. trade on a customer's discretionary account
IV. supervise other APs
a. I only
b. I and II
c. I, II and III
d. I, II, III and IV
- Large-scale traders must report their positions
- Which is NOT a stipulation of Rule 2-29 governing public communications?
- Promotional materials may not be deceptive or misleading
- Promotional materials may not use high-pressure sales tactics
- Testimonials must prominently state, in all cases, that they are paid testimonials.
- Must be accompanied by an equally prominent statement of the risk of loss
- Which statement about disciplinary procedures is TRUE :
- Investigations are initiated by the NFA's Business Conduct Committee.
- All violations are dealt with through the procedure of convening hearings.
- There is no appeal in the disciplinary hearing process.
- Monetary fines cannot exceed $250,000.
- A securities broker/dealer may offer security futures contracts.
- Which of the following individuals may approve security futures accounts?
- Series 24
- Series 3
- Series 30
- Series 53
- The following are self-regulatory organizations.
I. The SEC
1. II, III, V
2. I, III, V
3. II, III
4. I,II, III
- Brokerage and futures accounts are subject to substantially similar rules on account protection.
- Associated persons are subject to binding arbitration as are FINRA securities licenses.
EconomicsDiscover what oil inventories are, how they are communicated and what important insights they provide into the state of the oil market.
ProfessionalsObtain information, both general and comparative, about the best available financial modeling courses for individuals pursuing a career in investment banking.
Chart AdvisorCopper prices have been under pressure lately and based on these charts it doesn't seem that it will reverse any time soon.
Stock AnalysisLearn about large changes to Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio. See why Warren Buffett has invested in a commodity company even though he does not usually do so.
MarketsMany investors are looking at emerging market (EM) stocks and wonder if it’s time to step back in, while others wonder if we’ll see further declines.
MarketsWhile U.S. growth remains relatively resilient, global growth continues to slip.
Options & FuturesTerrorist activity tends to have a negative impact on the markets, but just how much? Find out how to take cover.
FACIPM designates usually work as investment performance analysts.
Investing BasicsAccording to the liquidity preference theory, investors demand interest in return for sacrificing their liquidity.
Investing NewsLooking for ideas on companies, sectors or investments to short? Consider the opinion of this hedge fund luminary.
A derivative contract through which two parties exchange financial ...
Making an investment to reduce the risk of adverse price movements ...
The movement of the price of a futures contract towards the spot ...
Crude oil is a naturally occurring, unrefined petroleum product ...
An auction market in which participants buy and sell commodity/future ...
The estimated volatility of a security's price.
Out of the 2,800 mutual funds that Morningstar, Inc., the leading provider of independent investment research in North America, ... Read Full Answer >>
There are several hedge funds that invest in commodities. Many hedge funds have broad macroeconomic strategies and invest ... Read Full Answer >>
Financial advisors are not required to have university degrees. However, they are required to pass certain exams administered ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds invest in not only stocks and fixed-income securities but also options and futures. There exists a separate ... Read Full Answer >>
If you are older than 59.5 and have been contributing to your IRA for more than five years, you may withdraw funds to pay ... Read Full Answer >>
If you are over 59.5, or separate from your plan-sponsoring employer after age 55, you are free to use your 401(k) to pay ... Read Full Answer >>