Regulations - Summary And Review
An Associated Person (AP) is one of several kinds of individuals or firms that must register with the FCTC; each of these categories has its own rules governing registration. The AP must be familiar with rules governing opening accounts and reporting positions, as well as rules governing futures commission merchants (FCMs), introducing brokers (IBs), commodity pool operators (CPOs) and commodity trading advisors (CTAs). The AP must further be familiar with NFA rules governing arbitration and disciplinary proceedings.
- A firm need not register with the CFTC if it is already registered with the:
- Both A and B
- Neither A nor B
- Every AP is qualified to
I. take customer orders
II. trade on her firm's account
III. trade on a customer's discretionary account
IV. supervise other APs
a. I only
b. I and II
c. I, II and III
d. I, II, III and IV
- Large-scale traders must report their positions
- Which is NOT a stipulation of Rule 2-29 governing public communications?
- Promotional materials may not be deceptive or misleading
- Promotional materials may not use high-pressure sales tactics
- Testimonials must prominently state, in all cases, that they are paid testimonials.
- Must be accompanied by an equally prominent statement of the risk of loss
- Which statement about disciplinary procedures is TRUE :
- Investigations are initiated by the NFA's Business Conduct Committee.
- All violations are dealt with through the procedure of convening hearings.
- There is no appeal in the disciplinary hearing process.
- Monetary fines cannot exceed $250,000.
- A securities broker/dealer may offer security futures contracts.
- Which of the following individuals may approve security futures accounts?
- Series 24
- Series 3
- Series 30
- Series 53
- The following are self-regulatory organizations.
I. The SEC
1. II, III, V
2. I, III, V
3. II, III
4. I,II, III
- Brokerage and futures accounts are subject to substantially similar rules on account protection.
- Associated persons are subject to binding arbitration as are FINRA securities licenses.
Options & FuturesAs the overseer of the commodities and futures industry, the NFA helps to protect investors from fraudulent futures activities.
Options & FuturesHow are options regulated in the U.S and which organizations are involved in options market regulations?
Trading Systems & SoftwareLevel II quotes show a ranked list of the best bid and ask prices from each market participant, providing detailed insight into a stock’s price action.
InvestingThe purpose of the Basel accords is to improve the worldwide bank regulatory framework.
Options & FuturesBy John Summa, CTA, PhD, Founder of OptionsNerd.comImplied volatility levels were shown previously to move inversely to the price of most big cap stocks and options on major market averages. ...
ProfessionalsFind out which exam you need to begin your career as an investment professional.
Personal FinanceIf your account has been mishandled, FINRA and the SEC are among several organizations that can help.
EconomicsBasel II refers to the second of a set of international banking rules passed by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
Trading Systems & SoftwareInteractive Brokers offers customer accounts for individuals, families and small businesses. In addition, IB offers a variety of customer account structures to meet the specific needs of institutions, ...
Trading StrategiesThe Great Recession may have ended, but broker wrongdoing hasn't. Here's how to make sure you don't get stuck with the next Bernie Madoff.
A comprehensive set of reform measures designed to improve the ...
A trading service consisting of everything in Level 2, plus the ...
A 2009 rule implemented by the U.S. forex industry's self-regulatory ...
The value of overseas assets owned by a nation, minus the value ...
An accounting entry that represents an entity's obligation to ...
A securities license entitling the holder to register as a limited ...
The correct answer is b. I, II and III are correct since all parties are required to notify the Administrator. Read Answer >>
The correct answer is B. While local practices of a broker-dealer might require the client to sign the form, even when opening ... Read Answer >>
I. Moral suasionII. Changing the discount rateIII. Changing the reserve requirementIV. Changing the prime interest rate A. ... Read Answer >>
The correct answer is b. Federal covered securities are subject to only federal registration with the SEC and do not have ... Read Answer >>
The correct answer is: a) (I) is incorrect because results that cover a period of less than a year must "not" be annualized. ... Read Answer >>
The correct answer is: d) Choice II is incorrect because the longer the investment horizon, the less emphasis must be placed ... Read Answer >>