Test Taking - Regulatory Questions
You will have a difficult time passing the exam without knowing the following regulations:
- Account opening
- Review the customer account documentation to ensure it complies with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Require all necessary information be on file before new accounts are allowed to trade.
- Provide adequate risk disclosure to customers prior to opening an account.
- Obtain each customer's name, address, occupation/business, estimated annual income, estimated net worth, age and prior investment and futures trading experience.
- If the required information is not obtained, document that the customer declined to provide such information.
- Cash flow
- Make all disbursements except petty cash by check.
- Make and keep copies of customer checks prior to depositing them.
- Restrictively endorse checks upon receipt
- Promotional material – type and retention requirements
- Maintain all promotional material for five years from date of last use.
- Maintain supporting documentation for all statements, claims and performance results.
- Include any material information so that the promotional material is not misleading.
- Include an equally prominent statement of the risk of loss if the material mentions the possibility of profit, including the presentation of past performance results.
- Calculate rates of return in a manner consistent with CFTC Part 4 regulations.
- Ensure that the past performance of any actual accounts presented is representative of the actual performance of all reasonably comparable accounts for the same time period.
- Include a statement that past results are not necessarily indicative of future results when past performance is mentioned.
- Ensure that statements of opinion are identifiable as such and have a reasonable basis in fact.
- Ensure that there is no guarantee against loss.
- Identify the "limited-risk" and "no margin call" features of options as applying only to the purchase of options.
- Explain that the "limited-risk" feature of options includes the full amount of the premium and transaction costs including commissions.
- Ensure that reprints of articles have been supplemented with the proper disclosures and disclaimers.
- Present hypothetical results only if there are less than three months of actual trading results for the offered program.
- Include the actual results of all customer accounts directed by the member firm for the past five years with any hypothetical results.
- Calculate hypothetical results in the same way as actual results.
- Ensure that hypothetical results and actual results are presented separately, clearly identified and given equal prominence.
- Explain all material assumptions made in preparing hypothetical results: minimum investment amount, distribution or reinvestment of profits, commission charges, management and incentive fees, and the method used to determine the purchase and sale price for each trade.
ForexAnalyze global revenue exposure in the utilities sector to learn about the impact of currency, regulation and economic growth on geographic contributions.
Home & AutoIf you can't qualify for or don't want a traditional mortgage, one of these options might be right for you.
Home & AutoHome buyers with low down payments may get stuck with higher mortgage payments. Find out what you get for the extra money.
InvestingAre municipal bonds really for me? The popular perception is that tax-exempt income only benefits those investors in the highest tax brackets.
RetirementIf you have substantial home equity and don't want to do a reverse mortgage to tap it for retirement expenses, cost out these viable alternatives.
Credit & LoansCalled "liar loans" for their low documentation requirements, Alt-A mortgages were hot until the subprime crisis. Now Wall Street wants to bring them back.
Home & AutoFind out the meaning of this popular asset-backed security and its benefits for banks and investors.
InvestingReview the capital structure of Berkshire Hathaway, and understand how equity and debt capitalization and enterprise value may interact with each other.
A successful cross-border trip of a convoy of self-driving trucks across Europe gives insight to a future of autonomous vehicles to replace human drivers.
MarketsThis week’s chart helps illustrate why we’re taking a more cautious view of global equities over the near term.
The market where borrowers and mortgage originators come together ...
A mortgage loan in which the borrower receives a loan amount ...
A type of mortgage in which a homeowner can borrow money against ...
An institution or individual that works with a borrower to complete ...
The market where mortgage loans and servicing rights are bought ...
A group of mortgages held in trust as collateral for the issuance ...
Learn the difference between a money market account and a money market fund. Both savings vehicles are relatively safe, but ... Read Answer >>
Explore the factors that make Belize one of the most modern and corporate-friendly tax havens in the world, including its ... Read Answer >>
The purchase of a home is a very expensive undertaking and usually requires some form of financing to make the purchase possible. ... Read Answer >>
Learn why some home buyers are required to take out private mortgage insurance (PMI), and how it affects the total monthly ... Read Answer >>
When you make a mortgage payment, the amount paid is a combination of an interest charge and principal repayment. Over the ... Read Answer >>
Get informed about Roth IRAs, which have a few disadvantages, including limited access to funds and contribution limits based ... Read Answer >>