- USDOLLAR Just below key resistance ahead of NFPs
- EURAUD, AUDNZD setups poised heading into August trade
- Updated targets & invalidation levels
EURAUD Daily Chart
Chart Created Using FXCM Marketscope 2.0
- EURAUD Completing Head & Shoulders Objectives
- Support at 1.4216, 1.4140/66- bullish invalidation
- Resistance objectives 1.44, 1.4593, 1.4706, 1.4845
- Daily RSI divergence, resistance trigger pending- bullish
- Event Risk Ahead: RBA on the August 5th, Unemployment on the 6th
Notes:The pair has already taken out two of our topside targets noted on last week’s report and the focus remains on the 1.44-handle heading into August trade. Our outlook remains unchanged- “Bottom line: Look for favorable long entries over the next few days while above 1.4140/66 with a breach above 1.44 offering further conviction on a near-term reversal. A break / close below key support invalidate this particular setup with such a scenario putting the larger trend off the yearly high back into focus eyeing initial targets at the November low (1.4050).”
Key resistance remains at confluence of the July high, the 61.8% extension off the May high and the 50% retracement of the decline off the April highs at 1.4592 – 1.4609. A breach/close above this region suggests that a more significant low was put in this month with such a scenario eyeing subsequent resistance targets into the 200-DMA around 1.4850.
EURAUD Scalp Report – (Scalp targets unchanged)
AUDNZD Monthly Chart
AUDNZD Daily Chart
- AUDNZD fails at critical resistance / 2014 highs range 1.1028/35
- Breach targets topside resistance objectives at 1.1100, 1.1163, 1.1200
- Outside monthly reversal candle- bullish / complacency
- Key near-term support 1.0882-1.0906, 1.0832- bullish invalidation
- Daily RSI trigger 70 break- near-term bearish
- Event Risk Ahead: RBA & New Zealand Unemployment on the August 5th, Australian Unemployment on the 6th
Notes: The broader 1.0650 – 1.1035 range seen since April is back in view and our attention now turns to the August opening range after failing to break through key resistance earlier this week. An outside monthly reversal candle could suggest that the pair is poised for further gains or that we may remain within a period of consolidation as traders seem complacent to play this defined region.
That said, the immediate focus is against 1.1035 with an early/mid-August low likely to offer favorable long opportunities. It’s important to note that at the end of the day the pair remains within the confines of a broad ascending channel formation and until we break out of it, we need to trade it as such. We’ll utilize the 1.0880- 1.0906 pivot range heading into the start of August with only a break below 1.0832 (July ORH & 50% Retracement) shifting our focus towards channel support off the yearly low.
AUDNZD Scalp Report - (Scalp targets unchanged)
USDOLLAR Monthly Chart
USDOLLAR Daily Chart
- USDOLLAR struggles ahead of key resistance 10,562/64
- Breach targets topside resistance objectives at 10,611 & 10,672
- Outside reversal month off key support - bullish
- Support at form 2013 TL resistance, 10,461/73- bullish invalidation
- First daily RSI 70-breach this year- constructive
- Event Risk Ahead: Non-Farm Payroll (NFPs) tomorrow
Notes: This month’s outside reversal candle off key multi-month support bodes well for the greenback as we head into August trade. Note that prior to July, the index had not surpassed a previous month’s high since January with this week’s rally taking out trendline resistance dating back to the 2013 high. Our base case scenario is that the dollar put in a significant low in the index this month and our focus medium-term focus remains weighted to the topside while above 10,461/73.
In the near-term, the greenback looks vulnerable as the index loses steam just ahead of key resistance at 10,562/64. Look for a possible exhaustion high tomorrow on the back of the US employment report with pullback likely to offer favorable long entries deeper into August trade. Bottom line: we’ll look for the monthly opening range to offer guidance while noting a general bias towards the long-side while above 10,461 with a breach above 10,564 opening up subsequent topside resistance objectives.
Follow the progress of this trade setup and more throughout the trading week with DailyFX on Demand.
* It’s extremely important to give added consideration regarding the timing of intra-day scalps with the opening ranges on a session & hourly basis offering further clarity on intra-day biases.
Other Setups in Play:
- NZDCAD Testing Range Support Ahead of RBNZ- 9295 Key
- GBPJPY Eyes Major Inflection Zone- Weekly Opening Range in Focus
- NZDJPY Reversal Underway- Scalps Target Key Support at 88.20
- GBPUSD Posts Outside Reversal Off Key Support- Bullish Above 1.7065
- NZDUSD Opening Range Setup- Rally Vulnerable Sub 8850
- AUDUSD July Range Targets Key Support- Shorts Favored Sub 9440
- EURUSD July Opening Range Play- Shorts Favored Sub 1.37
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about the Vanguard Total World Stock exchange-traded fund, which invests in stocks located in numerous countries with a high level of diversification.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about the iShares MSCI USA Minimum Volatility exchange-traded fund, which invests in low-volatility equities traded on the U.S. stock market.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the BioShares Biotechnology Products fund, an exchange-traded fund that is focused on producers of FDA-approved drugs.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about FEZ, the Euro Stoxx 50 ETF. FEZ tracks the 50 largest companies in Europe, making it the Dow Jones Industrial Average of Europe.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about an innovative inverse-leveraged sector exchange-traded fund, or ETF, the ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotechnology fund.
Chart AdvisorWith volatility on the rise, investors are turning to segments of strength such as value stocks. We'll take a look at several ETFs that could be worth a closer look.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the Market Vectors Emerging Markets High Yield Bond ETF, a fund dedicated to subinvestment grade foreign debt issues.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out more about the First Trust Tactical High Yield fund, a debt security-focused ETF designed to produce high income.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the iShares MSCI South Africa fund, which is an NYSE-listed exchange-traded fund offered and managed by BlackRock.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the SPDR S&P 600 Small Cap Growth ETF, a highly efficient fund that tracks small-cap equities in the United States.
A security that tracks an index, a commodity or a basket of assets ...
Investopedia explains the definition of exchange-traded mutual ...
A nickname given to Africa's growing economies.
An investment strategy in which securities are chosen based on ...
Exchange traded funds that are designed to trade in a direction ...
A supply of capital belonging to numerous investors that is used ...
If an investment fund has a high turnover ratio, it indicates it replaces most or all of its holdings over a one-year period. ... Read Full Answer >>
The rise of index trading may increase the overall vulnerability of the stock market due to increased correlations between ... Read Full Answer >>
Asset management utilizes two main investment strategies that can be used to generate returns: active asset management and ... Read Full Answer >>
Wash trading, the intentional practice of manipulating a stock's activity level to deceive other investors, is not a legal ... Read Full Answer >>
There are many exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that track the retail sector or elements of the retail sector, and some of those ... Read Full Answer >>
Some of the most popular exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that track the retail sector include the iShares S&P Global Consumer ... Read Full Answer >>