6 Hot Careers
With an aging baby boomer population, it should come as no surprise that seven of the 20 fastest-growing occupations are healthcare related. In fact, three of every 10 new jobs created in the U.S. economy by 2014 will be in healthcare services. But even in the promising healthcare field, there are a few key careers that really stand out.
2. Physical Therapist Assistant
- Job Duties: Assist physical therapists by providing patient treatment - such as exercises, traction and ultrasound - under supervision.
- Required Education: A two-year associate's degree from an accredited physical therapy assistant program. Some states also require licensing.
- Pay: Median annual salary of $41,360
3. Dental Hygienist
4. Dental Assistant
5. Personal or Home Healthcare Aide
6. Medical Scientist
Personal FinanceLooking to make a career change? Here are five sectors with stable prospects - and salaries.
Personal FinanceWhether you tackle a second career at age 25 or 55, there is always opportunity to "trade up" to something you can enjoy for the rest of your working life.
RetirementInterested in a new career path but not sure where to start? Here are five top choices.
InsightsSpending big doesn't necessarily mean it's the best. We take a look at the big spenders in healthcare.
InsightsIf you are looking for a job, these careers might be your best bet.
Personal FinanceWith today's high unemployment rate, it's hard to imagine there are jobs ready for the taking but it's true.
Financial AdvisorAs healthcare costs continue to skyrocket, here's how financial advisors should be helping clients to manage the costs.
RetirementIf you'd like the option to continue working in your field into your golden years, check out these careers.
InsuranceInnovative tools that let you shop around for lower-cost medical procedures are helping people save money on healthcare.