Over the last few years, issuers have been waging their own little war in the ETF industry: the battle of the ticker symbol. Some of the most popular andintriguingfunds are being caught on investors' radars simply because of their cleverly named ticker symbols. And with over 1,400 products to choose from the exchange-traded fund lineup, issuers continue to raise the bar when it comes to pumping out funds with the most eye-catching and amusing ticker symbols. Below we outline 46 of the most clever and rather amusing ETF ticker symbols available on the market:
1. AMPS Utilities Sector Bond Fund
2. ANGL Market Vectors Fallen Angel ETF
3. BARN Farming ETF
4. BLNG Pure Beta Precious Metals ETN
5. BOIL Ultra DJ-UBS Natural Gas
6. BUNT 3X German Bund Futures ETN
7. CAFE Pure Beta Coffee ETN
8. CANE Sugar Fund
9. CARZ NASDAQ Global Auto Index Fund
10. CORN Corn Fund
11. COW DJ-UBS Livestock Total Return Sub-Index ETN
12. CROP IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF
13. CURE Daily Healthcare Bull 3X Shares
14. CUT Timber ETF
15. DIG Ultra Oil & Gas
16. DIRT Pure Beta Agriculture ETN
17. DRGS Global Big Pharma ETN
18. DUST Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares
19. EPS Earnings 500 Fund
20. EWW MSCI Mexico Index Fund
21. FAN ISE Global Wind Energy Index Fund
22. FOIL Pure Beta Aluminum ETN
23. FONE NASDAQ CEA Smartphone Index Fund
24. FRAK Market Vectors Unconventional Oil & Gas ETF
25. GIVE Global Echo ETF
26. GLTR Physical Precious Metal Basket Shares
27. GRWN Pure Beta Softs ETN
28. GURU Top Guru Holdings Index ETF
29. HEVY Pure Beta Industrial Metals ETN
30. JO Dow Jones-UBS Coffee ETN
31. KOLD UltraShort DJ-UBS Natural Gas
32. MONY Financials Sector Bond Fund
33. MOO Market Vectors Agribusinesss ETF
34. NIB Dow Jones-UBS Cocoa Total Return Sub-Index
35. NUGT Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares
36. PBJ Dynamic Food & Beverage
37. PICK MSCI Global Select Metals & Mining Producers Fund
38. RING MSCI Global Gold Miners Fund
39. ROOF IQ US Real Estate Small Cap ETF
40. SICK Daily Healthcare Bear 3X Shares
41. SOIL Fertilizers/Potash ETF
42. TAN Solar ETF
43. VEGI MSCI Global Agriculture Producers Fund
44. VROM Auto ETF
45. WOOD S&P Global Timber & Forestry Index Fund
46. YANG Daily China Bear 3X Shares
Follow me on Twitter@DPylypczak
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about the iShares Global Telecom exchange-traded fund, which invests in U.S. and foreign telecommunication companies with high dividend yields.
Chart AdvisorTraders will be watching the price of gold over the coming weeks. We'll take a look at how a couple major moving averages are suggesting that the next move could be lower.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the United States Brent Oil exchange-traded fund, the characteristics of the fund and the suitability and recommendations of it.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out more about the ProShares Ultra Bloomberg Crude Oil ETF, the characteristics of UCO and the suitability and recommendations of UCO for investors.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about the iShares MSCI Hong Kong fund, which invests in various equities of companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Mutual Funds & ETFsTake a close look at the Vanguard Small-Cap Growth ETF, which focuses on domestic small-cap equities with a fundamental growth strategy.
Mutual Funds & ETFsTake a closer look at the First Trust Dorsey Wright Focus 5 ETF, a unique and innovative fund of funds based on momentum and relative strength.
Mutual Funds & ETFsTake an in-depth look at the iShares National AMT-Free Municipal Bond ETF, a highly diverse and very popular muni bond fund.
Mutual Funds & ETFsExplore detailed analysis and information of the top three Swiss exchange-traded funds that offer exposure to the Swiss equities market.
Stock AnalysisThe fight over net neutrality has become an amazing spectacle. But at its core, it's yet another skirmish in cable television's war to remain relevant.
The value of an asset less the value of all liabilities on that ...
A security that tracks an index, a commodity or a basket of assets ...
Investopedia explains the definition of exchange-traded mutual ...
An alternative investment theory to Efficient Market Hypothesis ...
An asset that is extremely difficult to dispose of either due ...
When an investor has essentially risked all of his capital for ...
The difference between called-up share capital and paid-up share capital is investors have already paid in full for paid-up ... Read Full Answer >>
A convertible bond represents a hybrid security that has bond and equity features; this type of bond allows the conversion ... Read Full Answer >>
If an investment fund has a high turnover ratio, it indicates it replaces most or all of its holdings over a one-year period. ... Read Full Answer >>
The rise of index trading may increase the overall vulnerability of the stock market due to increased correlations between ... Read Full Answer >>
Both additional paid-in capital and retained earnings are entries under the shareholders' equity section of a company's balance ... Read Full Answer >>
The money a business uses to fund operations or growth is called capital, and there are a number of capital sources available. ... Read Full Answer >>