Over the last few years, issuers have been waging their own little war in the ETF industry: the battle of the ticker symbol. Some of the most popular andintriguingfunds are being caught on investors' radars simply because of their cleverly named ticker symbols. And with over 1,400 products to choose from the exchange-traded fund lineup, issuers continue to raise the bar when it comes to pumping out funds with the most eye-catching and amusing ticker symbols. Below we outline 46 of the most clever and rather amusing ETF ticker symbols available on the market:
1. AMPS Utilities Sector Bond Fund
2. ANGL Market Vectors Fallen Angel ETF
3. BARN Farming ETF
4. BLNG Pure Beta Precious Metals ETN
5. BOIL Ultra DJ-UBS Natural Gas
6. BUNT 3X German Bund Futures ETN
7. CAFE Pure Beta Coffee ETN
8. CANE Sugar Fund
9. CARZ NASDAQ Global Auto Index Fund
10. CORN Corn Fund
11. COW DJ-UBS Livestock Total Return Sub-Index ETN
12. CROP IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF
13. CURE Daily Healthcare Bull 3X Shares
14. CUT Timber ETF
15. DIG Ultra Oil & Gas
16. DIRT Pure Beta Agriculture ETN
17. DRGS Global Big Pharma ETN
18. DUST Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares
19. EPS Earnings 500 Fund
20. EWW MSCI Mexico Index Fund
21. FAN ISE Global Wind Energy Index Fund
22. FOIL Pure Beta Aluminum ETN
23. FONE NASDAQ CEA Smartphone Index Fund
24. FRAK Market Vectors Unconventional Oil & Gas ETF
25. GIVE Global Echo ETF
26. GLTR Physical Precious Metal Basket Shares
27. GRWN Pure Beta Softs ETN
28. GURU Top Guru Holdings Index ETF
29. HEVY Pure Beta Industrial Metals ETN
30. JO Dow Jones-UBS Coffee ETN
31. KOLD UltraShort DJ-UBS Natural Gas
32. MONY Financials Sector Bond Fund
33. MOO Market Vectors Agribusinesss ETF
34. NIB Dow Jones-UBS Cocoa Total Return Sub-Index
35. NUGT Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares
36. PBJ Dynamic Food & Beverage
37. PICK MSCI Global Select Metals & Mining Producers Fund
38. RING MSCI Global Gold Miners Fund
39. ROOF IQ US Real Estate Small Cap ETF
40. SICK Daily Healthcare Bear 3X Shares
41. SOIL Fertilizers/Potash ETF
42. TAN Solar ETF
43. VEGI MSCI Global Agriculture Producers Fund
44. VROM Auto ETF
45. WOOD S&P Global Timber & Forestry Index Fund
46. YANG Daily China Bear 3X Shares
Follow me on Twitter@DPylypczak
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the Market Vectors Emerging Markets High Yield Bond ETF, a fund dedicated to subinvestment grade foreign debt issues.
Mutual Funds & ETFsFind out more about the First Trust Tactical High Yield fund, a debt security-focused ETF designed to produce high income.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the iShares MSCI South Africa fund, which is an NYSE-listed exchange-traded fund offered and managed by BlackRock.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the SPDR S&P 600 Small Cap Growth ETF, a highly efficient fund that tracks small-cap equities in the United States.
Mutual Funds & ETFsReview an analysis of the WisdomTree International Hedged Dividend Growth Fund ETF, which offers investors broad international exposure.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn about the ProShares UltraShort Yen, an inverse-leveraged exchange-traded fund based on the value of Japanese yen in U.S. dollars.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover how the Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF chooses its securities, and learn the types of investors for whom this fund is most appropriate.
Mutual Funds & ETFsDiscover the WisdomTree Small Cap Earnings ETF, a fund with a special focus on small-cap and micro-cap stocks with positive earnings.
Mutual Funds & ETFsLearn more about the PowerShares Global Listed Private Equity Portfolio, a private equity-based exchange-traded fund, or ETF.
Mutual Funds & ETFsObtain information and analysis of the iShares US Regional Banks ETF for investors seeking particular exposure to regional bank stocks.
A security that tracks an index, a commodity or a basket of assets ...
Investopedia explains the definition of exchange-traded mutual ...
An alternative investment theory to Efficient Market Hypothesis ...
An asset that is extremely difficult to dispose of either due ...
When an investor has essentially risked all of his capital for ...
A nickname given to Africa's growing economies.
The difference between called-up share capital and paid-up share capital is investors have already paid in full for paid-up ... Read Full Answer >>
A convertible bond represents a hybrid security that has bond and equity features; this type of bond allows the conversion ... Read Full Answer >>
If an investment fund has a high turnover ratio, it indicates it replaces most or all of its holdings over a one-year period. ... Read Full Answer >>
The rise of index trading may increase the overall vulnerability of the stock market due to increased correlations between ... Read Full Answer >>
Both additional paid-in capital and retained earnings are entries under the shareholders' equity section of a company's balance ... Read Full Answer >>
The money a business uses to fund operations or growth is called capital, and there are a number of capital sources available. ... Read Full Answer >>