Prior to transmitting a customer’s option order, the representative must fill out the appropriate order ticket and present it to the trading department or wire room for execution. All order tickets will include:
- Buy or Sell
- Name of underlying security
- Number of contracts
- Type of option
- Expiration date
- Exercise price
- An indication if transaction is opening or closing the contracts
- If an opening sale, a notation regarding covered or uncovered is required
- Account name and number
- Account type, i.e. cash or margin
- Price and time limits if any
- Solicited or unsolicited
- Discretionary authority exercised or discretionary authority not exercised, if applicable
- Time stamp when entered, executed, changed, or canceled
Cabinet Trade / Accommodation Trade
TradingThe ability to exercise only on the expiration date is what sets these options apart.
Personal FinanceA quirk in the reservations system can make you pay extra if you don't use this special technique for buying multiple tickets online.
Financial AdvisorWe look at strategies to help manage taxes and the exercise of incentive and non-qualified stock options.
InsightsStubHub operates the leading online marketplace for buyers and sellers of tickets, but it faces competition from four companies with strong value propositions.
TradingA brief overview of how to profit from using put options in your portfolio.
InvestingLearn about exchange-traded fund (ETF) options and index futures, and why it might be a better decision to use ETF options instead of futures.
TradingTo get the best return possible on your options trading, it is important to understand how options work and the markets in which they trade.
Managing WealthThese plans can be lucrative for employees - if they know how to avoid unnecessary taxes.