Prior to transmitting a customer’s option order, the representative must fill out the appropriate order ticket and present it to the trading department or wire room for execution. All order tickets will include:
- Buy or Sell
- Name of underlying security
- Number of contracts
- Type of option
- Expiration date
- Exercise price
- An indication if transaction is opening or closing the contracts
- If an opening sale, a notation regarding covered or uncovered is required
- Account name and number
- Account type, i.e. cash or margin
- Price and time limits if any
- Solicited or unsolicited
- Discretionary authority exercised or discretionary authority not exercised, if applicable
- Time stamp when entered, executed, changed, or canceled
Cabinet Trade / Accommodation Trade
Personal FinanceA quirk in the reservations system can make you pay extra if you don't use this special technique for buying multiple tickets online.
TradingThere are times when an investor shouldn't exercise an option. Find out when to hold and when to fold.
InsightsStubHub operates the leading online marketplace for buyers and sellers of tickets, but it faces competition from four companies with strong value propositions.
TradingA look at trading options on debt instruments, like U.S. Treasury bonds and other government securities.
TradingA brief overview of how to profit from using put options in your portfolio.
InvestingLearn about exchange-traded fund (ETF) options and index futures, and why it might be a better decision to use ETF options instead of futures.
TradingTo get the best return possible on your options trading, it is important to understand how options work and the markets in which they trade.