Prior to transmitting a customer’s option order, the representative must fill out the appropriate order ticket and present it to the trading department or wire room for execution. All order tickets will include:
- Buy or Sell
- Name of underlying security
- Number of contracts
- Type of option
- Expiration date
- Exercise price
- An indication if transaction is opening or closing the contracts
- If an opening sale, a notation regarding covered or uncovered is required
- Account name and number
- Account type, i.e. cash or margin
- Price and time limits if any
- Solicited or unsolicited
- Discretionary authority exercised or discretionary authority not exercised, if applicable
- Time stamp when entered, executed, changed, or canceled
Cabinet Trade / Accommodation Trade
TradingThe ability to exercise only on the expiration date is what sets these options apart.
TradingThere are times when an investor shouldn't exercise an option. Find out when to hold and when to fold.
Financial AdvisorWe look at strategies to help manage taxes and the exercise of incentive and non-qualified stock options.
TradingLearn how analyzing these variables are crucial to knowing when to exercise early.
TradingA look at trading options on debt instruments, like U.S. Treasury bonds and other government securities.
TradingA brief overview of how to profit from using put options in your portfolio.