DEFINITION of 'Capital Employed'
1. The total amount of capital used for the acquisition of profits.
2. The value of all the assets employed in a business.
3. Fixed assets plus working capital.
4. Total assets less current liabilities.
INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'Capital Employed'
This is a term that is frequently used, but very difficult to define because there are so many contexts it can be used in. All definitions generally refer to the investment required for a business to function. By "employing capital" you are making an investment.
Also known as "funds employed".
This ratio indicates whether a company has enough short term ...
1) Financial assets or the financial value of assets, such as ...
1. A resource with economic value that an individual, corporation ...
A rating of an insurance company’s balance sheet strength. Best’s ...
A collection of databases and tools used to analyze the financial ...
Reducing the value at which an asset is carried on the books ...