DEFINITION of 'Human Resources (HR)'
The company department charged with finding, screening, recruiting and training job applicants, as well as administering employee-benefit programs.
INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'Human Resources (HR)'
As companies reorganize to gain competitive edge, human resources plays a key role in helping companies deal with a fast-changing competitive environment and the greater demand for quality employees. Research conducted by The Conference Board has found six key people-related activities that human resources completes to add value to a company:
1. Effectively managing and utilizing people.
2. Trying performance appraisal and compensation to competencies.
3. Developing competencies that enhance individual and organizational performance.
4. Increasing the innovation, creativity and flexibility necessary to enhance competitiveness.
5. Applying new approaches to work process design, succession planning, career development and inter-organizational mobility.
6. Managing the implementation and integration of technology through improved staffing, training and communication with employees.
A policy in which an individual's color, race, sex, religion ...
A location, other than the main office, where business is conducted. ...
An attitude found in some organizations that occurs when several ...
The system of rules, practices and processes by which a company ...
A party that has an interest in an enterprise or project. The ...
A measure of the economic value of an employee's skill set. This ...