DEFINITION of 'Procurement'
1. To attain possession of something, usually after exerting a substantial effort to do so.
2. The purchasing of something usually for a company, government or other organization.
INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'Procurement'
Here are some examples of sentences using the word "procurement":
1. He was able to procure seats to the sold-out concert.
2. The company has a large budget for the procurement of office supplies.
Procurement is a term commonly used in the energy industry as many retailers must procure gas, electricity and/or other energy sources through trading activities, such as buying futures contracts.
A legal entity that is separate and distinct from its owners. ...
An analyst's recommendation to neither buy nor sell a security. ...
1. When a business or firm is terminated or bankrupt, its assets ...
1. A recommendation to purchase a specific security. A buy rating ...
The process of liquidating an asset in exchange for cash. The ...
A trading strategy in which an investor buys a long position ...