CQG, Inc., headquartered in Colorado, offers industry solutions for integrated trade routing, global market data and advanced technical analysis. CQG, Inc. partners with more than 50 Futures Commission Merchants and provides Direct Market Access to more than 40 exchanges through a worldwide network of collocated CQG Hosted Exchange Gateways. CQG, Inc.'s market data feed consolidates data from over 100 sources.
CQG, Inc. began serving U.S.-based traders in 1980, expanding to Europe in 1988 and to Asia in 1998. In 2010 it launched Continuum, a new division for API Enterprise Solutions. CQG, Inc. has more than 400 employees worldwide, with offices for sales and customer support in Chicago; New York; Denver; Glenwood Springs, Colorado; London; Frankfurt, Germany; Tokyo; Sydney; Singapore; Moscow and throughout Eastern Europe.
CQG, Inc.'s flagship product is CQG Integrated Client (CQG IC), which combines electronic trading tools, global market data and advanced analytics in one application. The platform offers:
Electronic Trade Routing
- Electronic trading connectivity to more than 40 exchanges.
- High-speed network of distributed exchange gateways.
- Partnerships with over 70 FCMs.
- Depth-of-market views on price ladders and trading directly from the charts and quote pages.
- Comprehensive pre-trade risk management.
- Multi-legged, intermarket, intramarket and exchange-traded spreads can be created, traded and managed.
- Orders for outrights and spreads based on yields.
- Two depth-of-market order book views of the electronic exchanges (DOMTrader and Order Ticket).
- A trade routing application that can be attached to any CQG application, such as a quote board or chart (Order Desk).
- CQG's server-side order routing gateways manage where you get filled when you trade similar instruments on two or more exchanges (aggregation).
- Charts include a trade routing tool and order management window (SnapTraderwith the Order Book).
- Spreadsheet trading with over 200 market data elements available, including order routing (Spreadsheet Trader).
- Synthetic and exchange-traded spreads can be monitored and traded from two customizable, matrix-style quote displays (Spread Matrix and Spread Pyramid).
- CQG and custom study values and condition alerts can be displayed on the DOMTrader
SEE: Risk Management Techniques For Active Traders
CQG Smart Orders
CQG, Inc. supports both exchange-supported and synthetic orders. Each smart order has unique features designed to aid the trader in better order and trade management. Smart orders include:
- DOM-triggered stop/stop limit
- Trailing limit
- Trailing stop/stop limit
- Study-following order
- Condition following order
- Alert trading
- Algorithmic orders
Consolidated Market Data
- High-speed, real-time and historical market data from over 100 global sources.
- Foreign exchange, fixed income, energy, derivatives, equities, single stock futures and OTC markets.
- Different styles of quote displays.
- Cost-effective, scalable market data management and delivery.
- Dedicated data quality staff in five locations across the globe covering the United States, Europe and Asia.
- Symbol search
- Advanced charting and analytics
- Numerous chart styles, including CQG Inc.'s exclusive TFlow.
- Portfolio and Instrument Monitors.
- Over 100 basic and custom studies.
- Custom formula builder.
- Various types of alerts.
- Powerful trade system design and backtesting features.
- Advanced options strategies analytics.
- Computer-readable news: key U.S., Canadian and European economic releases.
- Comprehensive Dow Jones Newswires, The Hightower Report, LaSalle Street News, MarketG2 News, Market News International and Need to Know News.
- Search and filtering features
Beginner's Guide To CQG Integrated Client Trading Platform: Installation
InvestingA market order is the most common order used to purchase a financial security.
TradingAn in depth look at how high-frequency trading works and who the players are.
TradingTaking control of your portfolio means knowing what orders to use when buying or selling stocks.