Brokers and Online Trading: Conclusion
One of the most important investment decisions you will make has nothing to do with which stock, bond or mutual fund you buy. We're talking about selecting a broker. Hopefully the information in this tutorial will assist you in your search.
- Brokers are the people who handle customer orders to buy and sell securities.
- Don't forget that a broker is a salesperson.
- Minimum balances required to open an account range from thousands of dollars to nothing at all.
- All brokerages charge commissions to execute orders. This fee varies widely depending on the type of brokerage.
- Look out for hidden fees for transactions like the transfer of assets or inactivity.
- Full-service brokers offer much more, but they're expensive.
- Discount brokers don't offer the extras, but they're affordable.
- Online brokerages have changed the industry by lowering costs and blurring the line between discount and full-service.
- The type of brokerage you require depends on your investing style.
- It's possible to check the background of all brokers and firms.
- The type of account you need depends on the type of securities you want to hold.
- There are many ways to execute an equity order.
The difference between the strike price of an option and the ...
A transaction that can cancel out a forward contract that has ...
The underlying equity that an investor is seeking price movement ...
The maximum and minimum values used to indicate where the price ...
An options hedging strategy that combines a delta hedge and a ...
An options hedging strategy designed to reduce or eliminate the ...
Find out how investors benefit when brokerages compete with each other, and how discount brokerages are changing the market ...
Find out how to calculate the total expected annual return of your portfolio in Microsoft Excel using the value and return ...
Read about the factors that drive share prices in the stock market, and learn some of the trends in the telecommunications ...
Find out which factors investors need to consider when evaluating companies in the retail sector, including the basic fundamentals.