Brokers and Online Trading: Conclusion
One of the most important investment decisions you will make has nothing to do with which stock, bond or mutual fund you buy. We're talking about selecting a broker. Hopefully the information in this tutorial will assist you in your search.
- Brokers are the people who handle customer orders to buy and sell securities.
- Don't forget that a broker is a salesperson.
- Minimum balances required to open an account range from thousands of dollars to nothing at all.
- All brokerages charge commissions to execute orders. This fee varies widely depending on the type of brokerage.
- Look out for hidden fees for transactions like the transfer of assets or inactivity.
- Full-service brokers offer much more, but they're expensive.
- Discount brokers don't offer the extras, but they're affordable.
- Online brokerages have changed the industry by lowering costs and blurring the line between discount and full-service.
- The type of brokerage you require depends on your investing style.
- It's possible to check the background of all brokers and firms.
- The type of account you need depends on the type of securities you want to hold.
- There are many ways to execute an equity order.
A broker that provides a large variety of services to its clients, ...
A stockbroker who carries out buy and sell orders at a reduced ...
A service charge assessed by a broker or investment advisor in ...
An arrangement between an investor and a licensed brokerage firm ...
1. A market order to buy or sell a security for a brokerage's ...
The broker or dealer that finalizes and processes an order on ...
In order to buy stocks, you need the assistance of a stock broker since you cannot just phone up a company and ask to buy ... Read Answer >>
Find out how investors benefit when brokerages compete with each other, and how discount brokerages are changing the market ... Read Answer >>
Before you jump into buying stock, first take the time to learn what type of broker-dealer may be right for you. Read Answer >>
If you decide that you have the knowledge and experience to take on stock investing, or if you feel you would like to give ... Read Answer >>
Your broker's actions are not legal unless he or she sold the securities under certain conditions. Let's look at the two ... Read Answer >>
Short selling can be very risky for both the investor and the broker. Brokers will often tell investors that only stocks ... Read Answer >>