Brokers and Online Trading: Conclusion
One of the most important investment decisions you will make has nothing to do with which stock, bond or mutual fund you buy. We're talking about selecting a broker. Hopefully the information in this tutorial will assist you in your search.
- Brokers are the people who handle customer orders to buy and sell securities.
- Don't forget that a broker is a salesperson.
- Minimum balances required to open an account range from thousands of dollars to nothing at all.
- All brokerages charge commissions to execute orders. This fee varies widely depending on the type of brokerage.
- Look out for hidden fees for transactions like the transfer of assets or inactivity.
- Full-service brokers offer much more, but they're expensive.
- Discount brokers don't offer the extras, but they're affordable.
- Online brokerages have changed the industry by lowering costs and blurring the line between discount and full-service.
- The type of brokerage you require depends on your investing style.
- It's possible to check the background of all brokers and firms.
- The type of account you need depends on the type of securities you want to hold.
- There are many ways to execute an equity order.
An announcement by an investor who holds a security that he or ...
A company that owns or controls two or more banks. Mutlibank ...
A type of strategy regarding a put option, which is a contract ...
To maximize potential returns for certain levels of risk (while ...
A u-shaped pattern that develops when an option’s implied volatility ...
Nadex stands for the North American Derivatives Exchange, a regulated ...
Understand the basics of the positive volume index and how investors in the forex markets use this contrarian indicator to ...
Learn about alpha and the Treynor ratio and how these metrics are used to assess investment strategy by comparing portfolio ...
Understand the basics of calculation and interpretation of standard deviation and how it is used to measure risk in the investment ...
Learn how to manage losses and reduce risk in volatile markets while reviewing the differences between stop-loss orders and ...