Financial Concepts: Conclusion
We hope that this has given you some insight into the market and your investment strategies. Let's recap what we've learned in this tutorial:
- The risk/return tradeoff is the balance between the desire for the lowest possible risk and the highest possible return.
- Higher risk equals greater possible return.
- Diversification lowers the risk of your portfolio.
- Dollar cost averaging is a technique by which, regardless of the share price, a fixed dollar amount is invested on a regular schedule.
- Asset allocation divides assets among major categories in order to create diversification and balance the risk.
- Random walk theory says that stocks take a random and unpredictable path.
- Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH) says it is impossible to beat the market because prices already incorporate and reflect all relevant information.
- The concept of the optimal portfolio attempts to show how rational investors will maximize their returns for the level of risk that is acceptable to them.
- Capital asset pricing model (CAPM) describes the relationship between risk and expected return and serves as a model for the pricing of risky securities.
The principle that potential return rises with an increase in ...
A model that describes the relationship between risk and expected ...
A financial model that extends the concept of the capital asset ...
An investment theory that states it is impossible to "beat the ...
1. In securities analysis, it is the expected value, or mean, ...
A portfolio allocation and management method aimed at balancing ...
Learn about the risk-return tradeoff for investing in stocks versus low-risk Treasurys and bonds, and understand the types ... Read Answer >>
Learn how the risk return tradeoff is used in the construction of portfolios, and how modern portfolio theory seeks to diversify ... Read Answer >>
Learn how an investor can use the risk-return tradeoff to determine what assets to include in a portfolio, and understand ... Read Answer >>
The random walk theory is the occurrence of an event determined by a series of random movements - in other words, events ... Read Answer >>
Learn about how the risk-return tradeoff applies to bond yields, and the different types of risks associated with investing ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the capital asset pricing model and the security market line and how the model is used in the calculation and ... Read Answer >>