Financial Concepts: Conclusion
We hope that this has given you some insight into the market and your investment strategies. Let's recap what we've learned in this tutorial:
- The risk/return tradeoff is the balance between the desire for the lowest possible risk and the highest possible return.
- Higher risk equals greater possible return.
- Diversification lowers the risk of your portfolio.
- Dollar cost averaging is a technique by which, regardless of the share price, a fixed dollar amount is invested on a regular schedule.
- Asset allocation divides assets among major categories in order to create diversification and balance the risk.
- Random walk theory says that stocks take a random and unpredictable path.
- Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH) says it is impossible to beat the market because prices already incorporate and reflect all relevant information.
- The concept of the optimal portfolio attempts to show how rational investors will maximize their returns for the level of risk that is acceptable to them.
- Capital asset pricing model (CAPM) describes the relationship between risk and expected return and serves as a model for the pricing of risky securities.
A shortcut to estimate the number of years required to double ...
An economic theory from the 18th century that is strongly opposed ...
The difference between the highest current bid price among dealers ...
A catalyst in equity markets is a revelation or event that propels ...
Crude oil is a naturally occurring, unrefined petroleum product ...
A leg is one component of a derivatives trading strategy, in ...
You can replicate hedge fund returns to a degree but not perfectly. Most replication strategies underperform hedge funds ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual fund investors have numerous items to consider when selecting a fund, including investment style, sector focus, operating ... Read Full Answer >>
Financial advisors dislike target-date funds because these funds tend to charge high fees and have limited histories. It ... Read Full Answer >>
With the growth in the size and number of hedge funds over the past decade, the interest in how these funds go about generating ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds have become an incredibly popular option for a wide variety of investors. This is primarily due to the automatic ... Read Full Answer >>
A hedge fund manager does not necessarily need any specific license to operate a fund, but depending on the type of investments ... Read Full Answer >>