Forex trading apps make it easy for forex traders to place trades on the go. From proprietary forex broker solutions to broker agnostic apps, forex traders have a wide variety of options available to them when placing trades from mobile devices, like the iPhone or Android.
- MetaTrader - is the world's most popular broker agnostic forex trading platform that's available for free on the iPhone and Android. The app lets traders view real-time quotes and place orders, as well as utilizing 30 technical indicators, seven time frames and three different chart types to analyze currency pairs.
- Trade Interceptor - is another popular broker agnostic forex trading platform that's available for free on a number of mobile platforms. Like MetaTrader, the app lets forex traders view real-time quotes and place orders. But it also includes unique features, such as the ability to replay historical market movements to practice trading.
- Broker Platforms - Many forex brokers offer their own free proprietary forex trading apps that integrate with their platforms. For example, Forex.com recently launched its own FOREXTrader for iPad™ app that provides trading capabilities, advanced charting tools, real-time news and trade ideas and analysis for free to its clients.
Forex Analysis Apps
Forex analysis apps can simplify due diligence and make it easy to accomplish on-the-go for forex traders. From quotes to news to charts, there are many specialty applications that can enhance the built-in functionality seen on many broker apps or forex trading apps.
- NetDania Forex - is a popular free provider of streaming currency rates and global stock and commodity data, combining resources from numerous news sources and market indexes. The app also makes it easy to setup price and trend alerts, as well as utilize advanced charting with studies and setup push notifications.
- Trade Optimizer - is a paid app that provides 14 vital trading calculators to help forex traders manage risk, determine position sizing and conduct post-trade analysis. For example, the app can quickly tell forex traders anything from trade expectancy to compounding power to see how quickly profits can grow.
- DJ FX Trader - is a free app from Dow Jones & Company that provides real-time forex news and market talk to help originate trading ideas, while also providing insight into currency popularity (heat map) and other valuable tools for forex traders.
- FX360 - is a free app from FX360.com that enables forex traders to track fundamental and technical data for currencies and global markets. The app features live commentary, technical analysis, charting, an economic calendar and FX news alert capabilities.
- Swiss Forex - is a free app from Dukascopy Bank SA that provides a number of tools for forex traders, including live quotes, technical charts, market news, economic calendars, Dukascopy TV, SWFX Sentiment Index, daily highs/lows, movers & shakers, pivot point levels and a forex calculator to make forex trading a lot easier.
Guide To Smartphone Forex Apps: Forex Education, Signaling And Other Apps
TradingDiscover some of the most useful and popular smartphone applications available to assist forex traders in staying on top of the market and mobile trading.
TradingTrading foreign currencies can be lucrative, but there are many risks. Investopedia explores the pros and cons of forex trading as a career choice.
TradingWhen approached as a business, forex trading can be profitable and rewarding. Find out what you need to do to avoid big losses as a beginner.
TradingBefore entering this market, you should define what you need from your broker and from your strategy.
TradingThe forex markets can be both exciting and lucrative. Find out what jobs exist in this space and how to get them.
TradingDiscover the best ways to find a broker who will help you succeed in the forex market.
TradingOverview of the regulation of forex, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the top 10 UK forex brokers that are FCA regulated.
TradingForex trading may be profitable for hedge funds or unusually skilled currency traders, but for average retail traders, forex trading can lead to huge losses.
TradingEven though the odds favor stock trading, forex trading has several advantages to offer a particular type of investor.
TradingForex brokers set their prices based on commission, spread, or a combination of both. Traders have to be cautious in the thinly regulated forex market.