How To Place A Trade Using MultiCharts Trading Software: Modifying Orders
Price levels and order quantities can be modified for orders that have not yet been filled. To adjust the price level:
- Drag the order marker on the price chart and drop it to the new level.
- To cancel the price level adjustment, press the Esc key on the keyboard before releasing the mouse button (see Figure 7).
- Right-click the order marker on the price chart to open the shortcut menu, select "Change Quantity" and select the quantity, or
- Click on the volume value on the order marker and modify the quantity in the Trading Calculator.
|Figure 7: Modify orders directly on the price chart.|
Orders can be canceled by any of the following methods:
- Click on the "Close" button on the order/strategy marker,
- Right-click the order marker on the price chart to open the shortcut menu, and select "Cancel Order" or
- Click the appropriate button in the Chart Trading panel ("Cancel Bids," "Cancel Asks" or "Cancel All").
Traders can close a position by using one of the following methods:
- Right-click the order marker on the price chart to open the shortcut menu and select "Close Position,"
- Click on the "Close" button on the Chart Trading Panel or
- Click on the "Close" button on the position marker on the price chart.
An order to buy or sell a security that automatically expires ...
1. A previously submitted order to purchase or sell a security ...
An order to buy or sell a security that if not immediately filled, ...
A limit order to buy or sell a security that remains in effect ...
A check that has cleared the depositor's account and has been ...
A buy or sell order that specifies a price for the security, ...
When placing a market order for a security through a broker, there will be a commission accompanying the service. The fee ... Read Answer >>
Learn how a buy limit order is used by an investor who wants to buy a stock at a certain price, and understand how limit ... Read Answer >>
When a company performs a share buyback, there are a few things that the company can do with the securities they buy back. ... Read Answer >>
Learn how to check if trades placed with brokers online or over the telephone have been filled and confirmed. Explore different ... Read Answer >>
Learn how a limit order is placed, the types of stocks it is most useful for and the specifications placed with it to suit ... Read Answer >>
I own shares of an MLP that is in trouble. This year I got hit with a tax bill for a "canc... Read Answer >>