Price levels and order quantities can be modified for orders that have not yet been filled. To adjust the price level:
- Drag the order marker on the price chart and drop it to the new level.
- To cancel the price level adjustment, press the Esc key on the keyboard before releasing the mouse button (see Figure 7).
- Right-click the order marker on the price chart to open the shortcut menu, select "Change Quantity" and select the quantity, or
- Click on the volume value on the order marker and modify the quantity in the Trading Calculator.
|Figure 7: Modify orders directly on the price chart.|
Orders can be canceled by any of the following methods:
- Click on the "Close" button on the order/strategy marker,
- Right-click the order marker on the price chart to open the shortcut menu, and select "Cancel Order" or
- Click the appropriate button in the Chart Trading panel ("Cancel Bids," "Cancel Asks" or "Cancel All").
Traders can close a position by using one of the following methods:
- Right-click the order marker on the price chart to open the shortcut menu and select "Close Position,"
- Click on the "Close" button on the Chart Trading Panel or
- Click on the "Close" button on the position marker on the price chart.
TradingThe types of orders you use can have a large effect on your trading performance, so understanding the different order types is important to your success.
InvestingA good ‘til canceled order remains in effect until an investor cancels a specific trade or executes it.
InvestingIn this short instructional video Anton Theunissen explains what the "fill or kill" order is.
InvestingA trader places an immediate-or-cancel order to immediately execute a trade in full or in part. Any part of the order that remains unfulfilled is canceled.
TradingTaking control of your portfolio means knowing what orders to use when buying or selling stocks.
MarketsA market order is the most common order used to purchase a financial security.
TradingStop-loss and stop-limit orders can provide different types of protection for investors seeking to lock in profits or limit losses. Investors need to know how each type of order works to know ...
Personal FinanceThe Amazon Dash Button is a convenient but expensive way to reorder products. Frugal shoppers should stay away.
MarketsFind out the various ways in which a broker can fill an order, which can affect costs.
TradingBuying and selling stock can be a lot like buying or selling a car. Traders should use and understand tools such as market orders, limit orders, day orders, and good-'til-canceled orders to ensure ...