Beginner's Guide To MultiCharts Trading Platform: MultiCharts Application Window
Upon successful installation, traders can double-click on the icon to launch the program. The MultiCharts Application Window will appear, consisting of Toolbars, Workspaces and Windows.
Toolbars provide convenient access to commonly used functions. The functions can also be accessed by using the menus; however, the toolbars provide one-click access. There are six toolbars:
- Main Toolbar
Figure 8: MultiCharts Main Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Control Toolbar
Figure 9: MultiCharts Control Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Chart Analysis Toolbar
Figure 10: MultiCharts Chart Analysis Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Resolution Toolbar
Figure 11: MultiCharts Resolution Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Drawing Toolbar
Figure 12: MultiCharts Drawing Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Command Line (to change active chart's resolution or symbol)
Figure 13: MultiCharts Command Line Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
Toolbars are displayed docked to the top of the application window by default. Any toolbar can be made into a floating toolbar, allowing it to be positioned anywhere, or hidden if it is not needed.
Toolbars can be made floating by:
- Double-clicking the move handle of a docked toolbar, or
- By positioning the mouse pointer over the toolbar's move handle, left-clicking and dragging the toolbar into position.
- Double-clicking the toolbar's title bar, or
- By positioning the mouse pointer over the title bar, left-clicking and dragging to any of the four borders of the application window. Releasing the mouse button will dock the toolbar.
Workspaces help manage the information that appears on the trader's monitor. Each Workspace can contain multiple windows, and several Workspaces can be open at the same time. Traders can create, save, open, close, rename and delete Workspaces, as well as switch between Workspaces that are open in the Application Window. The Main Toolbar contains four icons related to the various functions regarding Workspaces:
- New Workspace
- Save Workspace
- Open Workspace
- Close Workspace
|Figure 8: MultiCharts Main Toolbar window|
SEE: Multiple Time Frames Can Multiply Returns
- Left-click anywhere on the Window, or
- Select Window in the main menu and click the name of the Window.
An active Window can be copied along with its settings, data series and studies and pasted to any open Workspace.
To copy an active Window:
- Select File in the main menu > Copy Window, or
- Use Ctrl + Shift + C hot key combination.
- Select File in the main menu > Paste Window, or
- Use Ctrl + Shift + V hot key combination.
An announcement by an investor who holds a security that he or ...
A psychological phenomenon in which past events seem to be more ...
Using simulated trading to practice buying and selling securities ...
The amount that one stands to lose in an investment. For example, ...
A two-way price quotation that indicates the best price at which ...
The return on an investment after taking tax implications into ...
The best way to answer this question is to provide a simple illustration of what happens when a company increases the number ...
Stock prices move up and down every minute due to fluctuations in supply and demand. If more people want to buy a particular ...
When trading is done for the day on a recognized exchange, all stocks are priced at close. The price that is quoted at the ...
Whether for research purposes, bookkeeping or even general interest in historical performance, this is a question that many ...