Upon successful installation, traders can double-click on the icon to launch the program. The MultiCharts Application Window will appear, consisting of Toolbars, Workspaces and Windows.
Toolbars provide convenient access to commonly used functions. The functions can also be accessed by using the menus; however, the toolbars provide one-click access. There are six toolbars:
- Main Toolbar
Figure 8: MultiCharts Main Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Control Toolbar
Figure 9: MultiCharts Control Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Chart Analysis Toolbar
Figure 10: MultiCharts Chart Analysis Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Resolution Toolbar
Figure 11: MultiCharts Resolution Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Drawing Toolbar
Figure 12: MultiCharts Drawing Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
- Command Line (to change active chart's resolution or symbol)
Figure 13: MultiCharts Command Line Toolbar window Source: www.multicharts.com
Toolbars are displayed docked to the top of the application window by default. Any toolbar can be made into a floating toolbar, allowing it to be positioned anywhere, or hidden if it is not needed.
Toolbars can be made floating by:
- Double-clicking the move handle of a docked toolbar, or
- By positioning the mouse pointer over the toolbar's move handle, left-clicking and dragging the toolbar into position.
- Double-clicking the toolbar's title bar, or
- By positioning the mouse pointer over the title bar, left-clicking and dragging to any of the four borders of the application window. Releasing the mouse button will dock the toolbar.
Workspaces help manage the information that appears on the trader's monitor. Each Workspace can contain multiple windows, and several Workspaces can be open at the same time. Traders can create, save, open, close, rename and delete Workspaces, as well as switch between Workspaces that are open in the Application Window. The Main Toolbar contains four icons related to the various functions regarding Workspaces:
- New Workspace
- Save Workspace
- Open Workspace
- Close Workspace
|Figure 8: MultiCharts Main Toolbar window|
SEE: Multiple Time Frames Can Multiply Returns
Chart Windows contain charts, studies and drawings. The number of Windows that can be added to Workspaces is limited only by the trader's computer configuration. Only one Window is active at a time in Workspaces with multiple Windows. The active window is the window to which any changes will be applied. To make a Window active:
- Left-click anywhere on the Window, or
- Select Window in the main menu and click the name of the Window.
An active Window can be copied along with its settings, data series and studies and pasted to any open Workspace.
To copy an active Window:
- Select File in the main menu > Copy Window, or
- Use Ctrl + Shift + C hot key combination.
- Select File in the main menu > Paste Window, or
- Use Ctrl + Shift + V hot key combination.
Beginner's Guide To MultiCharts Trading Platform: Charts And Settings
InsightsMicrosoft will start charging for Windows 10 upgrades in July.