NinjaTrader's Basic Entry order entry window is a straightforward and efficient order entry method. To open a Basic Entry window, select File > New > Basic Entry from within the Control Center. The Basic Entry window will appear, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: NinjaTrader\'s Basic Entry order entry interface.
1. Select the instrument.
2. Fill in the "Order qty" (order quantity) field.
3. Set the TIF (Time in Force) field from the drop-down list.
4. Select the ATM Strategy option, if desired, from the drop-down list.
5. Submit the order by clicking with the left mouse button on any of the Quick Buttons shown in Figure 2 (BUY ASK, BUY MARKET, BUY BID, SELL ASK, SELL MARKET, SELL BID, BUY, SELL):
Figure 2: The Quick Buttons in the Basic Entry order entry window.
7. Confirm or cancel the order when the "Confirm Order Placement" window appears.
8. To modify the price of an order, left-click on the order line (see Figure 3) or the right section of the label on the price chart. Slide the ghost order line to the desired price level. Left-click with the mouse to complete the action.
Note: This is a click-and-click action – not a click-and-drag action.
|Figure 3: Order lines can be moved via a click-and-click action to modify an order.|
10. To close an order, click the "Close" button on the Basic Entry window.
SEE: Understanding Order Execution
How To Place A Trade Using NinjaTrader Trading Software: Chart Trader
TradingPicking entry and exit points can be a big challenge for investors. Find out how limit orders can help you buy and sell a stock at the price you want.
TradingTaking control of your portfolio means knowing what orders to use when buying or selling stocks.
InvestingA market order is the most common order used to purchase a financial security.
TradingLearn how to set each type of stop and limit when trading currencies.
InvestingDouble entry is an accounting and bookkeeping term describing the method of entering transactions into the accounting records.
Personal FinanceHave you been considering Global Entry? Here are five reasons why you should go ahead and fill out your application today.