NinjaTrader's SuperDOM interface, shown in Figure 10, is its most robust order entry interface, allowing traders to view market prices, market depth, current inside market, profit & loss, current positions, and pending orders all at a glance. The highly visual characteristics of the SuperDOM Price Ladder display makes managing open orders and positions easy and efficient.
Figure 10: NinjaTrader\'s SuperDOM interface. The green, white and red area of the SuperDOM is called the Price Ladder, and displays current bid and ask prices as well as market depth. Image provided by NinjaTrader, LLC.
The green, white and red area of the SuperDOM is called the Price Ladder. The left column of the Price Ladder is the BUY column which is used to:
- Submit buy orders
- Modify buy orders
- Display bid market depth
- Modify stop loss and profit target orders
- Display market prices
- Display the current bid, ask, and last traded prices
- Submit sell orders
- Modify sell orders
- Display ask market depth
1. Select the Instrument.
2. Fill in the "Order qty" (order quantity) field.
3. Set the TIF (Time in Force) field from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the ATM Strategy option, if desired, (see Figure 11) from the drop-down menu.
Figure 11: The ATM Strategy window.
5. Submit the desired order type (see below for how to enter different order types).
6. To modify an order, click on the order and immediately click in a new price cell.
7. Quickly cancel all orders by right-clicking SuperDOM window and selecting "Cancel All Orders" (see Figure 12).
8. Quickly close all orders by clicking "CLOSE" at the bottom of the Price Ladder, or by right-clicking the SuperDOM window and selecting "Flatten Everything" (see Figure 12).
Figure 12: Right-click to "Cancel All Orders" or "Flatten Everything" in the SuperDOM interface.
Entering a Limit Order
To submit a limit order, select the BUY column for buy orders, or the SELL column for sell orders, and click the left mouse button in the cell that corresponds to the desired price.
Entering a Stop Market Order
To submit a stop market order, select the BUY column for buy orders, or the SELL column for sell orders, and click the middle mouse button (the scroll wheel) while holding the CTRL key down in the cell that corresponds to the desired price.
Entering a Stop Limit Order
To submit a stop limit order, select the BUY column for buy orders or the SELL column for sell orders, and click the middle mouse button in the cell that corresponds to the desired price. A box will appear; use the mouse scroll wheel or click the up/down arrows in the numeric field to enter the number of ticks away from the desired limit price the stop limit order will be.
To submit orders using the Quick Buttons, first enable "Show Quick Buttons" in the SuperDOM properties by right-clicking on the SuperDOM window and selecting "Properties". Find "Show Quick Buttons" under the "General" section and select "True". The Quick Buttons will now appear at the bottom of the SuperDOM display. Once enabled, clicking the ASK button with the left mouse button will submit a limit order at the ask price; pressing the BID button will submit a limit order at the bid price.
SEE: Brokers and Online Trading
NinjaTrader's FX Pro order entry interface is used exclusively for trading forex products. To open a FX Pro window, select File > New > FX Pro form within the Control Center. The FX Pro window, shown in Figure 13, will appear on top of the current active chart.
Figure 13: NinjaTrader\'s FX Pro interface used exclusively for trading forex.
1. Select the Instrument.
2. Fill in the "Qty" (order quantity) field.
3. Select the ATM Strategy option, if desired, from the drop-down menu.
4. Submit the order by clicking with the left mouse button on any of the Quick Order Buttons:
- BID places a buy limit order at the best bid
- BUY places a buy order
- SELL places a sell order
- OFFER places a sell limit order at the best ask
- Select the order Type
- Set the limit price if applicable
- Set the stop price if applicable
- Left mouse click the BUY or SELL button
- Left-click the "+" button at the top of the FX Pro window (see Figure 14) to increase in one-pip increments
- Hold the CTRL key down and left-click the "+" button to increase in 5-pip increments
- Hold the Alt key and left-click the "+" button to increase in 10-pip increments
- Left-click the "-" button at the top of the FX Pro window (see Figure 14)to decrease in one-pip increments
- Hold the CTRL key down and left-click the "-" button to decrease in 5-pip increments
- Hold the Alt key and left-click the "-" button to decrease in 10-pip increments
9. To change the size of an order, click in the "Remaining" column at the top of the FX Pro window (see Figure 14), type in a new quantity value and press the "Enter" keyboard key.
Figure 14: Forex orders can be modified using the buttons at the top of the FX Pro window.
TradingTaking control of your portfolio means knowing what orders to use when buying or selling stocks.
InvestingA market order is the most common order used to purchase a financial security.
Personal FinanceAmazon adds 50 new brands to its Dash Button program.
TradingLearn how to set each type of stop and limit when trading currencies.
TradingStop-loss and stop-limit orders can provide different types of protection for investors seeking to lock in profits or limit losses. Investors need to know how each type of order works to know ...
InvestingWith stop-limit orders, buyers protect themselves from prices too high for their tastes.
TradingFind out the various ways in which a broker can fill an order, which can affect costs.
InvestingBuying and selling stock can be a lot like buying or selling a car. Traders should use and understand tools such as market orders, limit orders, day orders, and good-'til-canceled orders to ensure ...
InvestingA buy stop order is an order to buy a stock at a specific price above its current market price.