Retirement Planning For 20-Somethings: Goal Setting
The example provided above is an over-simplistic view of a retirement analysis. A realistic retirement analysis would take more factors into consideration so as to ensure that any projections are as realistic as reasonably possible. The following are some of the factors that are usually included in a comprehensive retirement analysis:
- Your current age
- Your planned age of retirement
- Your current and projected income
- Your current and projected expenses
- Your current income tax rate and future income tax rate
- The amount you can afford to add to your retirement nest egg now and for the rest of your income earning years
- An assumed rate of return
- Projected inflation
- The various sources from which you might receive retirement income and whether those amounts would be fixed or varying
- Your planned retirement lifestyle, including where you plan to live during retirement
- The types of saving accounts and the tax status of those accounts
- Your health history and that of your family, so as to determine your need for health insurance and the different types of health-related coverage that you may need
Retirement Planning For 20-Somethings: Saving Options
The process of determining retirement income goals and the actions ...
The state and/or degree of being ready for retirement. Retirement ...
A practicing professional who helps individuals prepare a retirement ...
A professional designation for experienced financial professionals ...
The period in a person's life following retirement in which earning ...
The involuntary ending of one's career because of a layoff, health ...
Learn the basic steps to creating a solid retirement plan that can support you and your family, and find out how to manage ... Read Answer >>
When considering how to plan for retirement, firstly think about the age at which you want to retire and the lifestyle you ... Read Answer >>
Discover how the 4% retirement rule can work as part of a plan to achieve increasing retirement income if investments perform ... Read Answer >>
One of the biggest and most often-touted advantages of putting money into a retirement account is the tax savings that come ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the average nest egg for retiring Americans and why you certainly do not want to be average when it comes to ... Read Answer >>