The Complete Guide To Retirement Planning For 40-Somethings: Life Insurance
If you have dependents who rely on your income, consider whether you need to purchase life insurance. Proceeds from your life insurance can be used for purposes such as:
- Providing replacement income for your beneficiaries and other dependents. This includes your spouse, children and other parties who depend on your for financial support.
- Paying off any mortgages.
- Paying your final expenses. This includes funeral costs and medical expenses
- Paying any taxes that your beneficiaries may owe on assets they inherit from you.
When purchasing life insurance, you have several options, including:
- Term life insurance, which covers a specific number of years. With term life insurance, your beneficiaries would receive a payment only if you die within the specific term. For instance, if you purchase a term life policy for twenty years, your beneficiaries would receive a death benefit only if you die within the 20-year period.
- A whole life or permanent policy that pays a benefit as long as the policy is in effect at the time of your death. This applies regardless of the age at which you die.
With a whole life permanent policy, options generally include ordinary life, universal or adjustable life, variable life and variable universal life. These provide options for adding a savings account, some of which include options to invest the savings in the stock market. In some cases, the amount accumulated in the savings account can be used towards reducing your premium amounts.
The type of insurance determines the premium payment amounts, with the premiums for term life insurance being much lower than the premium payments for whole life insurance. If you are considering purchasing life insurance, be sure to factor any insurance provide by your employer into your decision-making process.
The Complete Guide To Retirement Planning For 40-Somethings: Paying For College
A protection against the loss of income that would result if ...
A type of flexible permanent life insurance offering the low-cost ...
A type of financial-protection policy that provides cash to a ...
A life insurance policy that a company purchases on a key executive's ...
A type of life insurance that combines features of term and whole ...
A type of annual renewable term life insurance that provides ...
Term life insurance is the most basic of insurance policies. It is nothing more than an insurance policy that provides protection ... Read Answer >>
If you are the primary wage earner in your family and you carry a current mortgage on your home, it is important that you ... Read Answer >>
Hello, I would like to find out the steps I need to take towards borrowing money off my life insurance. ... Read Answer >>
Find out when life insurance companies have the right to recover claims. Learn about the most common reasons why a life insurance ... Read Answer >>
Because most states protect life insurance policies from creditors, most buyer questions come from the confusion created ... Read Answer >>
A convertible insurance policy is a term usually related to life insurance. To understand a convertible policy, you must ... Read Answer >>