Let's first examine the seven tabs located at the top of the simulator's user interface. By accessing each of the different tabs, you will have the ability to navigate through different areas of the simulator. Note: upon clicking the desired tab, additional links will appear in the space below the tabs.
2. Portfolio provides a summary of your current portfolio holdings, your stock watch list and your trading history.
3. Trading contains the part of the simulator that you'll need to input your trade orders and review any outstanding open and failed trades.
4. Ranking shows your current placing for any specific competition.
5. Markets contains tools for researching and selecting the companies you want to trade, such as, a research section, a ticker symbol lookup tool and much more.
6. Awards contains various awards that you can earn in exchange for completing simulator activities and/or goals.
7. Games allows you to create, manage and review the games you're participating in and also join existing games. By default, users are invited to join an Investopedia game. We recommend you complete this how-to guide within the "Investopedia Competition (no end)" game.
Don't worry if you don't understand all of the tools at your disposal. Our how-to guide will explain the details of each component as you go.
TradingThink you can beat the Street? We'll show you how to test your abilities without losing your shirt.
InvestingStock market simulators let you pick securities, make trades and track the results-all without risking a penny.
Personal FinanceOnline stock simulators make learning about stocks as fun and easy as playing a game.
RetirementFind out the top three online retirement calculators to use in 2016 for determining how much you need to save to provide for sustainable income.
InvestingA Monte Carlo simulation allows analysts and advisors to convert investment chances into choices. The advantage of Monte Carlo is its ability to factor in a range of values for various inputs.
InvestingWe could all use a little reminder.
Managing WealthStart your own investing adventure with the help of some simple guidelines.