Student Loans: Conclusion
Let's recap what we've learned about student loans:
- How to pay for college is as complicated and as important a decision as which college to choose, what to major in and whether to live on or off campus.
- Only borrow what you can afford to pay back after graduation based on income estimates in your career field.
- Filling out a FAFSA form is crucial to securing student aid.
- Exhaust federal funding options before applying for private loans.
- Most private loans have variable interest rates, and initial rates vary based on yours or your cosigner's credit rating.
- The standard federal loan repayment program lasts 10 years.
- Public service employees and others with low incomes have additional options for repayment based on annual income.
- Federal loan programs offer options for postponing payment during a financial hardship situation.
- Federal consolidation can extend your loans up to 30 years.
- Consolidating private loans is the best way to secure a fixed interest rate on your private student loans.
- Managing your student debt borrowing based on what you can afford to repay is the best way to get an education and avoid financial trouble down the road.
A program that provides low-interest loans to postsecondary students ...
A low-cost student loan offered to parents of students currently ...
1. A time during which a borrower does not have to pay interest ...
A tax deduction for interest paid on higher education loans during ...
A character loan is a type of unsecured loan that is made on ...
A financial institution that allows the borrower to obtain a ...
Read about the possible advantages and disadvantages of consolidating your student loan debts, and find out how to determine ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the differences between federal and private student loans, and discover the types of federal funding available ... Read Answer >>
Understand whether Sallie Mae loans can be consolidated. Learn about additional options that can lower the monthly payments ... Read Answer >>
Take a risk investing student loans and encounter a legal and moral gray area as well as possible financial challenges along ... Read Answer >>
Identify the differences between federal and private student loans, explore the qualities of each type of loan, and find ... Read Answer >>
Contact student loan companies before student loans default, as the government has the power to get its money. Prior to default, ... Read Answer >>