Student Loans: Conclusion
By Reyna Gobel
Let's recap what we've learned about student loans:
- How to pay for college is as complicated and as important a decision as which college to choose, what to major in and whether to live on or off campus.
- Only borrow what you can afford to pay back after graduation based on income estimates in your career field.
- Filling out a FAFSA form is crucial to securing student aid.
- Exhaust federal funding options before applying for private loans.
- Most private loans have variable interest rates, and initial rates vary based on yours or your cosigner's credit rating.
- The standard federal loan repayment program lasts 10 years.
- Public service employees and others with low incomes have additional options for repayment based on annual income.
- Federal loan programs offer options for postponing payment during a financial hardship situation.
- Federal consolidation can extend your loans up to 30 years.
- Consolidating private loans is the best way to secure a fixed interest rate on your private student loans.
- Managing your student debt borrowing based on what you can afford to repay is the best way to get an education and avoid financial trouble down the road.
Money borrowed to finance education or school related expenses. ...
Under certain circumstances, federally backed student loans – ...
A program that provides low-interest loans to postsecondary students ...
A type of federal, fixed-rate student loan that was available ...
With transferable points programs, customers earn points by using ...
An auto insurance policy discount available to young drivers ...
More interest is paid over the life of a loan when that interest is capitalized because the capitalized interest is added ... Read Full Answer >>
Most people cannot afford to pay for college tuition for four or more years without some sort of financial aid or assistance. ... Read Full Answer >>
Apple Pay is a mobile payment system created by Apple to reducing the number of times shoppers and buyers have to pay for ... Read Full Answer >>
Consumers can use their Walmart credit cards to shop at Sam's Club. However, they cannot use their Walmart credit cards when ... Read Full Answer >>
Walmart offers two types of credit cards: the Walmart MasterCard and the Walmart credit card. How to Close Your Walmart Credit ... Read Full Answer >>
The Walmart credit card does not charge annual fees to its cardholders. It does, however, have other fees associated with ... Read Full Answer >>