Student Loans: Conclusion
Let's recap what we've learned about student loans:
- How to pay for college is as complicated and as important a decision as which college to choose, what to major in and whether to live on or off campus.
- Only borrow what you can afford to pay back after graduation based on income estimates in your career field.
- Filling out a FAFSA form is crucial to securing student aid.
- Exhaust federal funding options before applying for private loans.
- Most private loans have variable interest rates, and initial rates vary based on yours or your cosigner's credit rating.
- The standard federal loan repayment program lasts 10 years.
- Public service employees and others with low incomes have additional options for repayment based on annual income.
- Federal loan programs offer options for postponing payment during a financial hardship situation.
- Federal consolidation can extend your loans up to 30 years.
- Consolidating private loans is the best way to secure a fixed interest rate on your private student loans.
- Managing your student debt borrowing based on what you can afford to repay is the best way to get an education and avoid financial trouble down the road.
Money borrowed to finance education or school related expenses. ...
A type of federal, fixed-rate student loan that was available ...
A loan that combines two or more federal education loans into ...
A program that provides low-interest loans to postsecondary students ...
Under certain circumstances, federally backed student loans – ...
Money owed on a loan taken out to pay for educational expenses. ...
Make the right decision between a federal student loan and a private student loan when looking for financial aid for your ... Read Answer >>
Learn about the differences between federal and private student loans, and discover the types of federal funding available ... Read Answer >>
Read about the possible advantages and disadvantages of consolidating your student loan debts, and find out how to determine ... Read Answer >>
Understand whether Sallie Mae loans can be consolidated. Learn about additional options that can lower the monthly payments ... Read Answer >>
Identify the differences between federal and private student loans, explore the qualities of each type of loan, and find ... Read Answer >>
Take a risk investing student loans and encounter a legal and moral gray area as well as possible financial challenges along ... Read Answer >>
You May Also Like