Trading Systems Coding: Conclusion
After going through this step-by-step tutorial, y
ou should have a fully operational and fully automatic trading system.
As you continue working with your system, keep in mind the following:
- Always backtest until your system performs well with past data, then paper trade to make sure your system performs well with current data.
- The market has two phases - trending and ranging - and very few trading systems handle both perfectly. Be sure to only trade in a market that your system can beat.
- Make changes one at a time so that you can pinpoint which aspects are improving your returns and which are hurting them.
- Keep it simple. Extremely complex trading systems are often fitted to work well with past data, but are incapable of adapting to new market conditions.
- Make sure that you know the strategy behind your trading system. As absurd as it sounds, many people develop their systems until they become so complex that they forget the underlying strategy.
- Don't over-optimize. Optimizing too much can lead to what is known as curve-fitting, which can reduce your trading system's effectiveness and ability to adapt.
Here are some trading applications worth checking out:
MetaTrader - http://www.metaquotes.net/
TradeStation - http://www.tradestation.com/
Tradecision - http://www.tradecision.com/
MetaStock - http://www.metastock.com/
AmiBroker - http://www.amibroker.com/
WealthLab - http://www.wealth-lab.com/
Comprehensive List - http://traderslaboratory.com/
Here are some community resources that can assist you:
TradersLaboratory - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/
Moneytec - http://www.moneytec.com/
StrategyBuilderFX - http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/
Indicators are statistics used to measure current conditions ...
A technical indicator that combines aspects of candlestick analysis ...
A momentum indicator that uses a stock’s price and volume to ...
An abbreviation for Oscillator - Moving Average. OsMA is used ...
A momentum indicator used by technical traders that shows the ...
A technical indicator that combines core elements of chart analysis ...
Learn how quantitative traders build the relative strength index (RSI) into their algorithms. Explore how automated trading ...
Learn more about oscillator indicators, technical momentum measures that are used by traders to predict potential market ...
Understand the significance of the sanku candlestick pattern, and learn a forex trading strategy to employ when recognizing ...
Learn about the tri-star pattern and how to use corroborating reversal signals from other technical indicators to build effective ...