After going through this step-by-step tutorial, y
ou should have a fully operational and fully automatic trading system.
As you continue working with your system, keep in mind the following:
- Always backtest until your system performs well with past data, then paper trade to make sure your system performs well with current data.
- The market has two phases - trending and ranging - and very few trading systems handle both perfectly. Be sure to only trade in a market that your system can beat.
- Make changes one at a time so that you can pinpoint which aspects are improving your returns and which are hurting them.
- Keep it simple. Extremely complex trading systems are often fitted to work well with past data, but are incapable of adapting to new market conditions.
- Make sure that you know the strategy behind your trading system. As absurd as it sounds, many people develop their systems until they become so complex that they forget the underlying strategy.
- Don't over-optimize. Optimizing too much can lead to what is known as curve-fitting, which can reduce your trading system's effectiveness and ability to adapt.
Here are some trading applications worth checking out:
MetaTrader - http://www.metaquotes.net/
TradeStation - http://www.tradestation.com/
Tradecision - http://www.tradecision.com/
MetaStock - http://www.metastock.com/
AmiBroker - http://www.amibroker.com/
WealthLab - http://www.wealth-lab.com/
Comprehensive List - http://traderslaboratory.com/
Here are some community resources that can assist you:
TradersLaboratory - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/
Moneytec - http://www.moneytec.com/
StrategyBuilderFX - http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/
Financial AdvisorSystems traders divide their time between trading, developing, backtesting, optimizing and forward testing, to create viable and high-probability trading systems.
TradingAn important part of a trading plan is testing to determine what you can expect of its performance. Backtesting and forward performance testing will help you predict if your plan will succeed ...
InvestingInvestopedia explains: The global interconnection of U.S. payment systems makes commerical and financial transfers possible.
TradingBy blending good analysis with effective implementation, you can dramatically improve your profits in this market.
TradingAutomated trading systems minimize emotions, allow for faster order entry, lead to greater consistency and resolve pilot-error problems.
TradingLearn to add structure to your trading methods with these six important steps.
Managing WealthThese key performance metrics will help you decide if your trading strategy is a winner.
TradingMost brokers will provide you with trade records, but it's also important to keep track on your own.
Financial AdvisorHere's help sorting out the different types of home security systems, which features will work best for you and the costs.
TradingCorrelations between backtesting and forward performance testing results can help you optimize your trading system.