Trading Systems Coding: Conclusion
After going through this step-by-step tutorial, y
ou should have a fully operational and fully automatic trading system.
As you continue working with your system, keep in mind the following:
- Always backtest until your system performs well with past data, then paper trade to make sure your system performs well with current data.
- The market has two phases - trending and ranging - and very few trading systems handle both perfectly. Be sure to only trade in a market that your system can beat.
- Make changes one at a time so that you can pinpoint which aspects are improving your returns and which are hurting them.
- Keep it simple. Extremely complex trading systems are often fitted to work well with past data, but are incapable of adapting to new market conditions.
- Make sure that you know the strategy behind your trading system. As absurd as it sounds, many people develop their systems until they become so complex that they forget the underlying strategy.
- Don't over-optimize. Optimizing too much can lead to what is known as curve-fitting, which can reduce your trading system's effectiveness and ability to adapt.
Here are some trading applications worth checking out:
MetaTrader - http://www.metaquotes.net/
TradeStation - http://www.tradestation.com/
Tradecision - http://www.tradecision.com/
MetaStock - http://www.metastock.com/
AmiBroker - http://www.amibroker.com/
WealthLab - http://www.wealth-lab.com/
Comprehensive List - http://traderslaboratory.com/
Here are some community resources that can assist you:
TradersLaboratory - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/
Moneytec - http://www.moneytec.com/
StrategyBuilderFX - http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/
A financial system can be defined at the global, regional or ...
A trading system that is not regulated as an exchange, but is ...
An entity under the Federal Reserve System that manages certain ...
An electronic computer system that joins the trading floors of ...
A method used by businesses to buy products and/or services. ...
A computer-based system that stimulates problem-solving and decision-making ...
Discover how to identify the best type of forex system trading style for you based on your available time, your trading preferences ... Read Answer >>
Learn how traders use different types of forex signal systems such as trend-based or range-based to create or supplement ... Read Answer >>
Understand the main aspects of a capitalist system and how they contrast with the tenets of other types of economic systems, ... Read Answer >>
Learn the difference between barter and currency systems in the trade of goods and services. Why is currency preferred over ... Read Answer >>
Learn about command and mixed economies, how the two economic systems function, and the main difference between a command ... Read Answer >>
The United States military provides its members many benefits, including what many regard as a rather generous pension system, ... Read Answer >>