Trading Systems Coding: Conclusion
After going through this step-by-step tutorial, y
ou should have a fully operational and fully automatic trading system.
As you continue working with your system, keep in mind the following:
- Always backtest until your system performs well with past data, then paper trade to make sure your system performs well with current data.
- The market has two phases - trending and ranging - and very few trading systems handle both perfectly. Be sure to only trade in a market that your system can beat.
- Make changes one at a time so that you can pinpoint which aspects are improving your returns and which are hurting them.
- Keep it simple. Extremely complex trading systems are often fitted to work well with past data, but are incapable of adapting to new market conditions.
- Make sure that you know the strategy behind your trading system. As absurd as it sounds, many people develop their systems until they become so complex that they forget the underlying strategy.
- Don't over-optimize. Optimizing too much can lead to what is known as curve-fitting, which can reduce your trading system's effectiveness and ability to adapt.
Here are some trading applications worth checking out:
MetaTrader - http://www.metaquotes.net/
TradeStation - http://www.tradestation.com/
Tradecision - http://www.tradecision.com/
MetaStock - http://www.metastock.com/
AmiBroker - http://www.amibroker.com/
WealthLab - http://www.wealth-lab.com/
Comprehensive List - http://traderslaboratory.com/
Here are some community resources that can assist you:
TradersLaboratory - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/
Moneytec - http://www.moneytec.com/
StrategyBuilderFX - http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/
A technical indicator that combines aspects of candlestick analysis ...
A momentum indicator that uses a stock’s price and volume to ...
An abbreviation for Oscillator - Moving Average. OsMA is used ...
A momentum indicator used by technical traders that shows the ...
A technical indicator that combines core elements of chart analysis ...
A technical indicator used to spot relationships in trending ...
Learn how quantitative traders build the relative strength index (RSI) into their algorithms. Explore how automated trading ...
Learn some of the best additional technical indicators that can be used along with the relative strength index to anticipate ...
Read about some of the many uses of the Relative Strength Index (RSI), and learn about basic strategies traders implement ...
Learn what the sushi roll candlestick pattern is and how it is typically interpreted by traders and market analysts.