After going through this step-by-step tutorial, y
ou should have a fully operational and fully automatic trading system.
As you continue working with your system, keep in mind the following:
- Always backtest until your system performs well with past data, then paper trade to make sure your system performs well with current data.
- The market has two phases - trending and ranging - and very few trading systems handle both perfectly. Be sure to only trade in a market that your system can beat.
- Make changes one at a time so that you can pinpoint which aspects are improving your returns and which are hurting them.
- Keep it simple. Extremely complex trading systems are often fitted to work well with past data, but are incapable of adapting to new market conditions.
- Make sure that you know the strategy behind your trading system. As absurd as it sounds, many people develop their systems until they become so complex that they forget the underlying strategy.
- Don't over-optimize. Optimizing too much can lead to what is known as curve-fitting, which can reduce your trading system's effectiveness and ability to adapt.
Here are some trading applications worth checking out:
MetaTrader - http://www.metaquotes.net/
TradeStation - http://www.tradestation.com/
Tradecision - http://www.tradecision.com/
MetaStock - http://www.metastock.com/
AmiBroker - http://www.amibroker.com/
WealthLab - http://www.wealth-lab.com/
Comprehensive List - http://traderslaboratory.com/
Here are some community resources that can assist you:
TradersLaboratory - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/
Moneytec - http://www.moneytec.com/
StrategyBuilderFX - http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/
Personal FinanceSystems traders divide their time between trading, developing, backtesting, optimizing and forward testing, to create viable and high-probability trading systems.
TradingFind out if taking the path less traveled will work in your favor - or against it.
TradingWe offer some tips on this process that can help refine your current trading strategies.
TradingAutomated trading systems minimize emotions, allow for faster order entry, lead to greater consistency and resolve pilot-error problems.
TradingLearn to add structure to your trading methods with these six important steps.
Financial AdvisorHere's help sorting out the different types of home security systems, which features will work best for you and the costs.