Trading Systems Coding: Conclusion
After going through this step-by-step tutorial, y
ou should have a fully operational and fully automatic trading system.
As you continue working with your system, keep in mind the following:
- Always backtest until your system performs well with past data, then paper trade to make sure your system performs well with current data.
- The market has two phases - trending and ranging - and very few trading systems handle both perfectly. Be sure to only trade in a market that your system can beat.
- Make changes one at a time so that you can pinpoint which aspects are improving your returns and which are hurting them.
- Keep it simple. Extremely complex trading systems are often fitted to work well with past data, but are incapable of adapting to new market conditions.
- Make sure that you know the strategy behind your trading system. As absurd as it sounds, many people develop their systems until they become so complex that they forget the underlying strategy.
- Don't over-optimize. Optimizing too much can lead to what is known as curve-fitting, which can reduce your trading system's effectiveness and ability to adapt.
Here are some trading applications worth checking out:
MetaTrader - http://www.metaquotes.net/
TradeStation - http://www.tradestation.com/
Tradecision - http://www.tradecision.com/
MetaStock - http://www.metastock.com/
AmiBroker - http://www.amibroker.com/
WealthLab - http://www.wealth-lab.com/
Comprehensive List - http://traderslaboratory.com/
Here are some community resources that can assist you:
TradersLaboratory - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/
Moneytec - http://www.moneytec.com/
StrategyBuilderFX - http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/
A financial system can be defined at the global, regional or ...
A trading system that is not regulated as an exchange, but is ...
A method of trading forex that is based on a series of analyses ...
An economic system that features characteristics of both capitalism ...
A set of analyses that the forex day trader uses to determine ...
An electronic computer system that joins the trading floors of ...
Learn about capitalist and free market systems, how these economic systems function and the main difference between capitalism ... Read Answer >>
Discover how to identify the best type of forex system trading style for you based on your available time, your trading preferences ... Read Answer >>
Learn how traders use different types of forex signal systems such as trend-based or range-based to create or supplement ... Read Answer >>
Systemic risk is generally used in reference to an event that can trigger a collapse in a certain industry or economy, whereas ... Read Answer >>
Understand the main aspects of a capitalist system and how they contrast with the tenets of other types of economic systems, ... Read Answer >>
Learn the difference between barter and currency systems in the trade of goods and services. Why is currency preferred over ... Read Answer >>
You May Also Like