|Sponsor: At last, an easy way to predict stock trends – get your FREE copy of 5 Chart Patterns You Need to Know.|
After going through this step-by-step tutorial, you should have a fully operational and fully automatic trading system.
As you continue working with your system, keep in mind the following:
- Always backtest until your system performs well with past data, then paper trade to make sure your system performs well with current data.
- The market has two phases - trending and ranging - and very few trading systems handle both perfectly. Be sure to only trade in a market that your system can beat.
- Make changes one at a time so that you can pinpoint which aspects are improving your returns and which are hurting them.
- Keep it simple. Extremely complex trading systems are often fitted to work well with past data, but are incapable of adapting to new market conditions.
- Make sure that you know the strategy behind your trading system. As absurd as it sounds, many people develop their systems until they become so complex that they forget the underlying strategy.
- Don't over-optimize. Optimizing too much can lead to what is known as curve-fitting, which can reduce your trading system's effectiveness and ability to adapt.
Here are some trading applications worth checking out:
MetaTrader - http://www.metaquotes.net/
TradeStation - http://www.tradestation.com/
Tradecision - http://www.tradecision.com/
MetaStock - http://www.metastock.com/
AmiBroker - http://www.amibroker.com/
WealthLab - http://www.wealth-lab.com/
Comprehensive List - http://traderslaboratory.com/
Here are some community resources that can assist you:
TradersLaboratory - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/
Moneytec - http://www.moneytec.com/
StrategyBuilderFX - http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/
Table of Contents
comments powered by Disqus