TD Ameritrade Thinkorswim: Account Types And Minimum Deposits
Investors and trades can use the thinkorswim platform using a number of different TD Ameritrade account types.
Individual and Joint accounts
- No minimum deposit, but to trade options requires a minimum balance of $2,000.
- Minimum electronic deposit is $500.
- Can trade stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), bonds, options, certificates of deposit (CDs), unit investment trusts (UIT) and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
- Accounts can be as cash, cash and margin, cash and option or cash, margin and option.
- No minimum deposit or maintenance fees.
- All the same investment choices as individual and joint accounts.
- Accounts can be as cash, or cash and option.
- No minimum deposits although certain plans have a capped deposit amount based on state.
- All same investment choices (529 plans have limited investment choices).
- Accounts can be Cash, Cash and Covered Calls.
|Figure 1: List of all available accounts|
Other accounts include accounts for businesses, trusts and investment clubs. Each is used for different purposes but have very similar features to individual accounts.
Funds can be deposited via check, wire transfer, electronic funding or transfer assets.
TD Ameritrade Thinkorswim: Services Offered
A modification of the Sharpe ratio that differentiates harmful ...
The excess return that investing in the stock market provides ...
Alpha is used in finance to represent two things: 1. a measure ...
A security that tracks an index, a commodity or a basket of assets ...
The Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) is the mean annual growth ...
A performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment ...
Mutual fund investors have numerous items to consider when selecting a fund, including investment style, sector focus, operating ... Read Full Answer >>
Financial advisors dislike target-date funds because these funds tend to charge high fees and have limited histories. It ... Read Full Answer >>
A hedge fund manager does not necessarily need any specific license to operate a fund, but depending on the type of investments ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds are legally allowed to invest in hedge funds. However, hedge funds and mutual funds have striking differences ... Read Full Answer >>
Mutual funds are considered a bad investment when investors consider certain negative factors to be important, such as high ... Read Full Answer >>
Financial advisors who operate as fee-only planners charge a percentage, usually 1 to 2%, of a client's net assets. For a ... Read Full Answer >>
You May Also Like