Investors and trades can use the thinkorswim platform using a number of different TD Ameritrade account types.
Individual and Joint accounts
- No minimum deposit, but to trade options requires a minimum balance of $2,000.
- Minimum electronic deposit is $500.
- Can trade stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), bonds, options, certificates of deposit (CDs), unit investment trusts (UIT) and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
- Accounts can be as cash, cash and margin, cash and option or cash, margin and option.
- No minimum deposit or maintenance fees.
- All the same investment choices as individual and joint accounts.
- Accounts can be as cash, or cash and option.
- No minimum deposits although certain plans have a capped deposit amount based on state.
- All same investment choices (529 plans have limited investment choices).
- Accounts can be Cash, Cash and Covered Calls.
|Figure 1: List of all available accounts|
Other accounts include accounts for businesses, trusts and investment clubs. Each is used for different purposes but have very similar features to individual accounts.
Funds can be deposited via check, wire transfer, electronic funding or transfer assets.
TD Ameritrade Thinkorswim: Services Offered
Personal FinanceTime deposit accounts and call deposit accounts allow customers to earn higher interest in exchange for less access to their cash.
InvestingA demand deposit is any type of account where the money in the account may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice to the financial institution.
RetirementTD Ameritrade has a solid reputation for retirement services. If you are thinking of putting your assets there, here’s what you need to know.
TradingFollow these steps to pick the right options brokerage account depending on your trading needs and style of trading.
Personal FinanceYou know how to spot the highest interest rate, but how do you really get the best deal on savings accounts?
InvestingLearn about the advantages and disadvantages of debt-oriented mutual funds and fixed deposit accounts, including how each investment generates income.
InvestingHere are some of the best IRA promotions of 2016, with significant bonuses for large deposits.
InvestingSafety is a hallmark of the traditional certificate of deposit (CD) sold by a bank or credit union.
RetirementDiscover which five financial institutions will pay you a cash bonus or match when you roll over assets from an old 401(k) or qualified retirement plan.
InvestingA term deposit (more often called a certificate of deposit or CD) is a deposit account that is made for a specific period of time.