Investors and trades can use the thinkorswim platform using a number of different TD Ameritrade account types.
Individual and Joint accounts
- No minimum deposit, but to trade options requires a minimum balance of $2,000.
- Minimum electronic deposit is $500.
- Can trade stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), bonds, options, certificates of deposit (CDs), unit investment trusts (UIT) and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
- Accounts can be as cash, cash and margin, cash and option or cash, margin and option.
- No minimum deposit or maintenance fees.
- All the same investment choices as individual and joint accounts.
- Accounts can be as cash, or cash and option.
- No minimum deposits although certain plans have a capped deposit amount based on state.
- All same investment choices (529 plans have limited investment choices).
- Accounts can be Cash, Cash and Covered Calls.
|Figure 1: List of all available accounts|
Other accounts include accounts for businesses, trusts and investment clubs. Each is used for different purposes but have very similar features to individual accounts.
Funds can be deposited via check, wire transfer, electronic funding or transfer assets.
TD Ameritrade Thinkorswim: Services Offered
InvestingA demand deposit is any type of account where the money in the account may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice to the financial institution.
TradingWe give you a quick review of TD Ameritrade's Thinkorswim online trading platform.
TradingLearn how to use TD Ameritrade's Thinkorswim Trading Platform.
RetirementTD Ameritrade has a solid reputation for retirement services. If you are thinking of putting your assets there, here’s what you need to know.
InvestingHere are some of the best IRA promotions of 2016, with significant bonuses for large deposits.