Rose Swanger

Personal Finance, Retirement, Investing
“Advise Finance aims to promote financial literacy and provide customized solutions for your financial needs.”

Advise Finance, LLC

Job Title:

Certified Financial Planner


Rose was born and raised in China, but educated in the US. Consequently, she enjoys the best of both worlds. She aims to incorporate that philosophy into her practice and provides her clients with the same privilege. Rose was the first American Certified Financial Planner(tm) practitioner who ever won the annual international financial plan competition twice (2014 & 2016), sponsored by the Global PlanPlus Award. Additionally, Rose has been frequently interviewed and quoted by major financial media sources, such as The Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger, Forbes, US World News, Reuters, CNBC, Chicago Tribune, and InvestmentNews. You can see a clip of her interview with the local TV, WBIR, about teaching kids of financial literacy.   

Besides having the general knowledge of financial planning, Rose has two other distinctive designations: 1) RICP®--Retirement Income Certified Professional, which gives her the expertise to help retirees during the retirement in issues such as safe income withdrawal, Social Security and Medicare  planning, long-term care, etc, and 2) CDFA®--Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, which allows her to assist attorneys and clients to achieve the best possible equitable settlement and at the same time to avoid typical financial and tax pitfalls. Rose Swanger is passionate about promoting financial literacy. Her personal goal is to help Americans get their financial houses in order, one community at a time. 


BS, Medical Technology, Georgia State University
MBA, Financial Planning, California Lutheran University

Fee Structure:



Advise Finance is a marketing name for securities and advisory services offered through Royal Alliance Associates, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC and a registered investment advisor. This communication is strictly intended for individuals residing in the states of TN,MD, and VA, where the RR is registered to conduct securities business. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident outside the specific state(s) referenced.

: A broker-dealer, investment adviser, BD agent, or IA rep may only transact business in a state if first registered, or is excluded or exempt from state broker/dealer, investment adviser, BD agent, or IA registration requirements as appropriate. Follow-up, individualized responses to persons in a state by such a firm or individual that involve either effecting or attempting to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, will not be made without first complying with appropriate registration requirements, or an applicable exemption or exclusion. For information concerning the licensing status or disciplinary history of a broker-dealer, investment, adviser, BD agent, or IA rep, a consumer should contact his or her state securities law administrator.

  • Advise Finance, LLC
All Articles
Sort By:
Most Helpful
April 2017
    Financial Planning, Long-Term Care Insurance, Personal Finance
last month
    Financial Planning, Marriage / Divorce
August 2017
    Choosing an Advisor
June 2017
September 2016
    Choosing an Advisor, Financial Planning

All Answers
Sort By:
Most Helpful
What are the biggest disadvantages of annuities?
100% of people found this answer helpful


Since you specifically asked for the disadvantage of annuities, I will share what I see from a professional vantage point.

1. Inflexibility- Once the money is invested in an annuity for whatever the reason (tax, retirement income, etc.), it mostly likely will stay in the annuity.  Rarely the annuitants take it out and reinvest in a taxable account for too many risks, a harsh surrender charge, a hefty tax (an early penalty tax prior to 59 ½ , unfavorable tax treatment-ordinary income tax instead of the favorable capital gain tax rate), losing existing accumulated benefits (especially for deferred income annuities or annuities that offer lifetime income benefits riders), etc.

2. Fees- Annuities cost, a lot more than a traditional investment strategy that uses low cost broad index funds. However, it may provide a lifetime income for a retiree that no traditional portfolios can offer. For that reason, retirees may transfer the investment risk and fees to an insurance company in exchange for the peace of mind.

3. Inflation protection-  Even though some newer policies have added the inflation-riders with a cost, most annuities are sold as a bare minimum, which ironically provides a higher benefit than the ones having the riders. Without inflation protection, your future benefit will have the less purchasing power.

Hope the three unfavorable opinions have started you on the right research for learning an annuity. Best!

January 2017
    Career / Compensation, Taxes
How can I minimize taxes on a substantial bonus?
100% of people found this answer helpful
February 2017
    Investing, IRAs, Taxes
Should I hold off on investing income within my Roth IRA due to Trump's desire to lower taxes?
100% of people found this answer helpful
February 2017
    College Tuition, Retirement Savings
What is the best balance between saving for retirement and saving for your kid's education?
100% of people found this answer helpful
February 2017
    College Tuition, Debt, Investing
How should I tackle future student loan debt?
100% of people found this answer helpful
November 2016