Is there a vehicle I can put my lump sum into that won't get hit with taxes?

I invested in a Roth 401(k) at my previous job and left for another employer who does not offer a Roth 401(k) option. I already contributed the max yearly amount of $5,500 into my Roth IRA for the year. 

401(k), IRAs, Taxes
Sort By:
Most Helpful
August 2016


Thank you for your question. You have the option to rollover your old Roth 401(k) into a Roth IRA with no tax implications. Check out this article and chart that shows you what the IRS allows. Rollovers do not count as annual contributions. Consider meeting with a CFP professional before making any changes to make sure you are doing what is right for your situation.

Please consider me a resource should you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Derek Notman

August 2016
August 2016
August 2016