We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
AMB Credit Consultants works to dispute errors on your credit reports and provides support as you improve your credit. The company charges relatively high prices, however, and does not offer a free credit consultation upfront.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Personalized plan of action
Unlimited credit disputes
Enrollment fee discount for couples
Relatively high costs
No free consultation upfront
Credit score monitoring must be purchased separately
Requires a commitment of at least six to nine months of service
Few free online resources
- AMB Credit Consultants is a credit repair company that offers a personalized plan of action for improving your credit and unlimited disputes of credit reporting errors.
- Through its Credit Empowerment Program, AMB claims to provide clients with the credit and financial resources they need to maintain healthy credit.
- AMB does not provide a credit monitoring service but instead requires customers to purchase credit monitoring from its preferred affiliate site for an additional fee.
- AMB Credit Consultants’ fees are on the high side, and it does not provide a free consultation upfront.
Based in Dallas, Texas, but offering services nationwide, AMB Credit Consultants has been operating since 2007. Its founder, Arnita Johnson-Hall, shares on the website that she struggled with bad credit and mismanaged her personal finances in the past. Learning how to manage her money helped her get her finances back on track. She built AMB Credit Consultants to help others do the same through credit consultation, education, and repair services. Along with disputing credit reporting errors, AMB provides a credit empowerment program to help its clients maintain good credit for the long term.
- Year Founded 2007
- Services Offered Credit disputes, credit report audit, credit empowerment program
- Fee Schedule One-time enrollment fee and a monthly fee
- Monitoring Options Not included; purchase of credit monitoring is required
- Customer Service Phone: toll-free at (800) 720-0992 or local line at (214) 764-8381; Email: email@example.com
- Official Website https://ambcreditconsultants.com/
AMB Credit Consultants works with clients to improve their credit so they have access to better financial opportunities, such as taking out a mortgage, qualifying for a credit card, or obtaining lower rates on a loan. AMB takes a four-pronged approach to credit repair: advising, auditing, awareness, and action.
It provides one-on-one consultation with its certified credit consultants, who complete an audit of your credit reports and help you come up with a plan of action. Its empowerment program also provides resources to help you improve and maintain your credit. Plus, AMB’s Dispute Resolution Team will communicate with credit bureaus, collection agencies, and creditors on your behalf to challenge any discrepancies on your credit reports.
While AMB Credit Consultants may be able to help you improve your credit, it’s not the only credit repair service out there. Check out our list of the best credit repair companies to compare your options.
- Personalized plan of action: After completing an audit of your credit reports, AMB’s credit consultants provide a customized plan of action for challenging errors and improving your credit.
- Unlimited credit disputes: AMB offers unlimited access to its Dispute Resolution Team, which will communicate on your behalf with credit bureaus, collections agencies, and creditors to challenge errors on your credit reports.
- Transparent pricing: AMB clearly states its fees on its website—a one-time enrollment fee of $149 and a monthly fee of $99.
- Enrollment fee discount for couples: Couples that enroll together are charged an enrollment fee of $198. Note that the monthly fee is not discounted.
- Relatively high costs: AMB charges higher fees than some other credit repair companies. Sky Blue Credit, for instance, charges a $79 setup fee and a $79 monthly service fee.
- No free consultation upfront: Many companies, such as Ovation by LendingTree, offer a free consultation so you can try out their services before signing up. AMB requires your payment information before your consultation.
- Credit score monitoring must be purchased separately: AMB’s services do not include credit score monitoring, but instead require you to sign up for it with its preferred (affiliate) provider, IdentityIQ, for an additional cost.
- Requires a commitment of at least six to nine months of service: You must be willing to commit to at least six to nine months of AMB’s service, though service times may vary. Although not advertised online, the company does offer a 180-day money-back guarantee.
- Few free online resources: Although AMB promises educational resources to its paying customers, it does not provide many free resources online apart from a handful of old blog articles.
Types of Services
AMB Credit Consultants offers a straightforward, single credit repair plan that goes through four stages: advising, auditing, awareness, and action. More specifically, these stages involve the following services.
During the advising stage, you’ll meet with a certified credit consultant to review your credit reports, discuss your credit goals, and get advice on the most realistic methods to achieve your objectives. According to AMB, you’ll receive your initial credit consultation within three business days of enrollment.
Initial consultations with credit repair companies are often free, but AMB asks you to sign up and give your credit card information before scheduling the call. Don’t forget that the Credit Repair Organizations Act entitles you to a full refund if you cancel your contract within three business days.
Credit Report Audit
Included in the initial credit consultation is a credit report audit or a line-by-line review of your credit reports to detect errors or questionable items. By law, the credit bureaus must remove a negative mark from your credit reports if the information is the result of an error. If the information is accurate, however, it will likely stay on your reports. After auditing your credit reports, your AMB consultant will create a personalized plan of action for improving your credit.
Credit Monitoring (Required)
AMB Credit Consultants does not provide credit report monitoring as part of its offerings, but it does require clients to purchase it from its preferred affiliate site, IdentityIQ, for an additional cost. You must purchase an IdentityIQ plan before your first consultation with an AMB Credit Consultant.
Credit Empowerment Program
AMB’s central offering is its credit empowerment program, which provides support and education on building credit. This ongoing program provides financial education and skill-building to help you improve your finances and sustain a strong credit score.
Credit Dispute Resolution
AMB’s Dispute Resolution Team will challenge discrepancies it finds on your credit reports with the aim of having them removed. It will communicate with credit bureaus, collection agencies, and creditors on your behalf and offers an unlimited number of disputes each month.
More specifically, AMB’s team will send debt validation letters, dispute letters for errors or anything derogatory, goodwill removal requests, and cease and desist letters to debt collectors. However, it does not dispute hard inquiries, which occur when you apply for new credit and can temporarily ding your credit score. Hard inquiries can also show up on your credit reports as the result of an error or identity theft.
While AMB says its team has an in-depth understanding of credit consumer laws, it’s worth noting that you can dispute credit reporting errors on your own for free by submitting a dispute with the credit bureaus or contacting your creditors directly. As mentioned, negative marks on your credit reports are unlikely to be removed if the information is accurate.
Since AMB Credit Consultants offers a single, all-inclusive plan, it doesn’t have optional add-ons. However, the following services may or may not be included in your program, depending on whether they apply to your specific situation.
If you’ve received a bill you don’t recognize or see an unknown account on your credit reports, AMB Credit Consultants will help you navigate the process of requesting proof of the amount owed with a debt validation letter. If the creditor cannot provide proof, you may be able to get the account removed from your credit reports.
Disputing credit reporting mistakes is a key part of AMB’s services. The AMB team reviews your credit reports for mistakes and sends letters on your behalf to get the discrepancies removed.
Goodwill Removal Requests
AMB may also send goodwill letters on your behalf, which are written requests to your creditors to remove a derogatory mark on your credit reports. In this case, the negative mark is not the result of a reporting error. However, the hope is that the creditor will remove the mark if you explain extenuating circumstances or otherwise have a positive history of repayment. Although there’s no guarantee that a goodwill letter will work, it’s often worth a shot.
Cease and Desist Letters
If you’ve been overwhelmed with calls from debt collectors, AMB may send a cease and desist letter on your behalf. A collector can no longer contact you after receiving this letter, but it can take you to court for repayment of the debt.
Unlike some other credit repair companies, AMB Credit Consultants does not offer a free credit repair consultation. Instead, you’ll need to provide your credit card details upfront and enroll in the program before you can schedule your initial consultation. You’ll also need to purchase IdentityIQ credit monitoring for an additional fee.
AMB Credit Consultants says you must commit to at least six to nine months of service, though time commitments may vary. The company offers a 180-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with its services. It also provides a discount on its enrollment fee for couples, though the monthly fee stays the same.
AMB’s Credit Empowerment Program provides financial education and support, but you’ll only find a handful of free blog articles on its website. Most of its financial resources are reserved for paying customers.
You can contact AMB Credit Consultants via email or by phone:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free: (800) 720-0992
- Local line: (214) 764-8381
Phone hours are Monday through Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CST. You may be able to call after-hours if you make an appointment. Customers in the Dallas area can also make an in-person appointment. As mentioned, AMB Credit Consultants doesn’t offer live web chat or a mobile app.
AMB Credit Consultants does not have a history of complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), although this doesn’t necessarily indicate a good company reputation. It also had three customer complaints filed against it on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website in the last three years.
Customers who sign up for AMB Credit Consultants’ service are expected to commit to at least six to nine months of service. Outside of this expectation, cancellation is available at any time for no fee. However, you will need to pay a fee of $25 if you cancel your credit consultation less than 24 hours in advance or cancel it multiple times.
AMB Credit Consultants is transparent about its pricing model. As an individual, you must pay a $149 one-time enrollment fee and a monthly investment fee of $99. Couples that enroll together are charged a $198 one-time enrollment fee and a $198 monthly investment fee.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
There are several factors to consider when choosing a credit repair company to help you improve your credit. Here are some features to think about before you commit:
- Fees and discounts: Compare pricing to find a credit repair company that works with your budget.
- Credit disputing services: Find out what credit disputing services a company offers and whether it limits the number of disputes it makes on your behalf. AMB offers unlimited disputes, for instance, but it doesn’t dispute hard inquiries.
- Credit bureau coverage: Consider whether the company helps you improve your credit reports with all three credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion (most do).
- Credit score monitoring: Determine whether the company provides credit score monitoring or requires you to purchase this service from a third party.
- Debt management plans: If you need help paying off debt, consider a company that offers debt management plans to help you get your finances under control.
- Cancellation policy: Before you commit, check out a company’s cancellation policy and any associated fees. Some companies have fairly long money-back guarantees, while others don’t.
- Customer service: Find out how you can contact customer support, whether through phone, email, live chat, or mobile app.
- Customer reviews: Head to consumer review sites such as the BBB and Trustpilot to learn about customers’ experiences. You can also check the CFPB consumer complaint database for any complaints against the company.
|AMB Credit Consultants||CreditRepair.com||Sky Blue Credit Repair|
|Services Offered||Credit consultation
Credit empowerment program
Credit dispute resolution
Financial planning tools
Debt management program
|Professional credit analysis
Debt management program
|Max. Number of Monthly Disputes||Unlimited||13||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors||Debt validation, disputes, goodwill removal, cease and desist||Collections, late payments, charge-offs, liens, bankruptcies, repossessions||Debt validation, goodwill, cease and desist|
|First Work Fee||$149||$69.95–$119.95||$79|
|Customer Service Platforms||Phone, email||Phone, email, live chat||Phone, email|
AMB Credit Consultants offers support for building your credit score and removing discrepancies from your credit reports. With unlimited credit disputes and personalized consulting, it may deliver on its promise to empower you to build and maintain healthy credit.
At the same time, AMB charges relatively high fees and lacks some of the services that other credit repair companies provide, such as credit monitoring and debt management plans. The company website is also rather simple and doesn’t explain the service with much transparency. If these features are important to you, you may be better off working with an alternative credit repair company.
AMB didn’t rank among the top companies in the credit repair industry; see our picks for the best credit repair companies to find a service that meets your needs.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before selecting our top choices. We weighed 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are the most significant for customers.
The top picks were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We took into account factors like how many disputes will be sent per month, what kinds of dispute letters will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long companies have been in business. This information was used in our company star ratings and best picks.