The 10 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in America
Realtor.com® set out to find 2018’s most expensive ZIP codes and found a few unexpected discoveries along the way. The data collection team tracked median listing prices to find the ZIP codes with the highest home prices. The following results only include ZIP codes with an average of at least 12 listings per month to ensure the results were not skewed by a few extravagantly high-priced properties. The data also reflect geographic diversity by limiting listings to just two ZIP codes per state and just one ZIP code per metropolitan area.
Here are the Top 10 Neighborhoods
- Atherton, California (ZIP code: 94027) - Median list price: $10,194,000. Close to Facebook’s hub, this area is the home of many venture capitalists and technology innovators.
- Los Altos, California (ZIP code: 94022) – Median list price: $6,326,000.
Once a quiet town featuring mostly summer cottages, Los Altos is currently known for its tech-friendly mansions.
- New York, NY (Tribeca) (ZIP code: 10013) – Median list price: $5,137,000.
This neighborhood, which boasts $20 million penthouses with floor-to-ceiling windows, includes parts of SoHo, Little Italy and Chinatown.
- Medina, Washington (ZIP code: 98039) – Median list price: $4,894,000.
This town, which proudly boasts Bill Gates' residence, has become the go-to home for Seattle's elite.
- Miami Beach, Florida: Fisher Island (ZIP code: 33109) – Median list price: $3,707,000.
Once owned entirely by the Vanderbilt family, Fisher Island is only accessible by boat or helicopter.
- Glenbrook, Nevada (ZIP code: 89413) – Median list price: $3,225,342.
On the banks of Lake Tahoe, Glenbrook attracts affluent buyers seeking second homes in gated communities – often with private beaches and golf courses.
- Boston, Massachusetts: Beacon Hill (ZIP code: 02108) – Median list price: $3,155,000.
This historic neighborhood in the heart of Boston has grown into one of America's most prestigious communities.
- Woods Hole, Massachusetts (ZIP code: 02543) – Median list price: $3,154,000.
One of the priciest areas in the Cape Cod peninsula, Woods Hole attracts Bostonians and New Yorkers looking for weekend getaway homes, as well as some of the higher-paid researchers and scientists who work in the area.
- Snowmass, Colorado (ZIP code: 81654) – Median list price: $3,031,000.
Snowmass, located in the Colorado Mountains, is better known as "Old Snowmass" to locals who come here for big ranch-style homes that sit in the woods.
- Wilson, Wyoming (ZIP code: 83014) – Median list price: $2,798,000.
Wilson is about a 25-minute drive to Jackson Hole – one of the world’s most sought-after ski towns for real estate investment.