Berkshire Hathaway is a diversified holding company with businesses operating in dozens of industries. It has substantial minority stock holdings in some of the biggest and best-known publicly traded companies in the United States, including Coca-Cola, Kraft Heinz, IBM, American Express and Wells Fargo. Berkshire Hathaway also owns numerous private companies, some of which are well-known consumer brands, such as Geico, and others relatively unknown industrial brands, such as McLane Company and Burlington Northern Santa Fe.

Berkshire will add a new company to the family with the creation of a healthcare corporation co-owned by Amazon, Chase Bank, and Berkshire Hathaway. This as yet unnamed company promises to "disrupt healthcare" and will serve their employees in the united states. Although the plans for this new venture are still under wraps, any team-up with these three giants is sure to make a dent in whatever industry they choose. 

1. McLane Company, Inc.

McLane Company is a wholesale distribution services company that primarily serves grocery and food service retailers. These retailers include Walmart, 7-Eleven and Yum Brands, which is the parent company of Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut. As of January 2018, McLane Company operates 80 distribution facilities nationwide and delivers goods to approximately 110,000 retailer locations across all 50 U.S. states. McLane Company is Berkshire Hathaway's largest subsidiary, posting more than $37.4 billion in revenue in the first nine months of 2017. 

2. Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC

Burlington Northern Santa Fe is a holding company for the railroad operator BNSF Railway Company. It owns roughly 32,500 route miles of track and has the rights to operate on approximately 9,500 additional route miles, which places it among the largest railroad operators in the United States by track mileage. Its railway network covers more than half of the country, stretching from the West Coast of the U.S. to Chicago in the Midwest and Atlanta in the Southeast. Burlington Northern Santa Fe reported revenue of more than $15.7 billion in the first nine months of 2017, about $5.2 billion of which derived from the company's freight transportation business.

3. Geico

Geico is the country's second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in terms of earned premiums rankings. It also underwrites coverage for motorcycles, recreational vehicles, all-terrain vehicles and some commercial vehicle fleets. Geico utilizes a direct-sales model; customers apply for policies directly with the company online or by telephone rather than through local insurance agents, which helps keep its premiums low. It reported earned premiums amounting to $21.6 billion in the first nine months of 2017, a big increase from revenue the previous year of $18.7 billion

4. Berkshire Hathaway Reinsurance Group

Berkshire Hathaway Reinsurance Group provides reinsurance to property and casualty insurers, reinsurers, and life insurers. The company operates through a number of subsidiaries, including Columbia Insurance Company, National Indemnity Company and Berkshire Hathaway Life Insurance Company of Nebraska. Reinsurance activities can fluctuate substantially from year to year based on changing market conditions. Berkshire Hathaway Reinsurance Group reported earned premiums of more than $15.9 billion in the first nine months of 2017. The same figure was about $5.7 billion in the first nine months of 2016. 

5. Lubrizol Corporation

Lubrizol manufactures specialty chemicals for industrial and consumer products, including plastics, coatings, pharmaceutical products, personal care products, and additives for automobile engines and other mechanical components. It also produces chemicals used in oilfield work and in oil pipelines. Lubrizol is a global company with laboratories in 15 countries and production facilities in 18 countries. It reported losses of $190 million in the first nine months of 2017. 

6. PacifiCorp

PacifiCorp is a regulated electric utility that serves 1.8 million customers in Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Wyoming and Utah. The company operates 74 generating plants in its operating territory, which combine to provide 11,136 megawatts of generating capacity. Approximately 25% of PacifiCorp's owned and contracted generating capacity is from renewable and non-carbon sources, including hydroelectric, thermal, geothermal and wind-powered facilities. The remaining 75% of its capacity comes from coal and natural gas facilities. PacifiCorp reported more than $3.91 billion in revenue in the first nine months of 2017.