Turn leads into customers or host a virtual conference using intuitive webinar software. Webinars are a favorite tool for sales teams, with GoToWebinar reporting, “73% of B2B marketers and sales leaders say a webinar is the best way to generate high-quality leads.”
However, companies also use webinars to keep employees or investors informed. For instance, you can use financial webinars to break down complicated data sets into fantastic visuals or walk people through your methodology with ease.
Unfortunately, some software lacks important engagement features or offers less-than-satisfactory audio or video quality. We scoured more than 40 different webinar programs to uncover industry leaders providing feature-rich services, high-quality video, and multiple ways to present your topics to audiences.
The 10 Best Webinar Software for 2020
- Best Overall: Demio
- Best High-End Option: WebinarNinja
- Best for Enterprise Organizations: BigMarker
- Best for Small Groups: MyOwnConference
- Best for Nonprofits: GetResponse
- Best for Education: BlueJeans Events
- Best for Conferencing: Vimeo Livestream
- Best for Mac: LiveWebinar
- Best for Startups: WebinarJam
- Best for Small Business: Zoho Meeting
Best Overall: Demio
Demio is a convenient and comprehensive all-in-one tool for any type of webinar.
Browser-based, no downloads
14-day free trial
30-day money-back guarantee
24/7 live chat and email
No breakout rooms
Higher cost for more than 50 participants
Phone support only on the top-tier plan
As a market leader since 2014, Demio gives organizations an easy way to incorporate live or on-demand webinars into their marketing mix. Its feature-rich platform, affordability, enterprise-grade data analytics, and gorgeous aesthetics make Demio a clear winner in our best overall webinar software category.
With Demio, you get high-definition (HD) streaming video that works on all browsers and devices. No download is needed, as event attendees click a link to enter your webinar. On your end, Demio is intuitive and straightforward to use. When you sign up with Demio, you get:
- A limit of three active webcams
- Up to 15 presenters or moderators
- One to four hosts
- Session length ranges from three to eight hours
- Unlimited sessions, registrations, and storage
- 50 to 500 attendees
Demio integrates with most email marketing tools, like GetResponse, MailChimp, and Aweber. Plus, you can use Zapier to connect more than 1,000 other programs. The top features of Demio consist of:
- Page templates for registration and thank-you pages
- Embeddable form options for your website
- Automatic email notification reminders
- Interactive polls with statistics
- Featured actions to direct viewers to a call to action (CTA)
- Handouts, gifts, and audience bonuses
- Dedicated question and answer (Q&A) feature for answering questions live
- Private and public chat modes
- Automatic webinar recording
- Custom branded waiting rooms
Pricing for Demio is clear, with the following plans reflecting a no-contract, month-to-month payment. You can save 30% by paying annually for services. Plans include:
- Starter: $49 per month for 50-person attendee room, three-hour sessions, and one host
- Growth: $99 per month for 150-person attendee room, five-hour sessions, one host, and custom room and email branding
- Business: $234 per month for 500-person attendee room, four hosts, eight-hour sessions, and priority support
Demio says you'll get live chat assistance within five minutes, plus it offers an extensive knowledge base and email support options.
Best High-End Option: WebinarNinja
Get all the bells and whistles with WebinarNinja's all-in-one platform.
14-day free trial
Facebook ad tracking
Custom branding for all plans
Credit card required for free trial
Only the first two hours of the webinar are recorded
Can’t embed webinar on website
Founded in 2014, WebinarNinja stands out by offering four different webinar types while providing built-in marketing to search engines so people can find your webinar via search. The software is intuitive, allowing for setup in under a minute. With plenty of features, like custom branding, this well-rounded service easily wins for the best high-end option.
WebinarNinja is a browser-based program that works on all devices via a web link. With HD streaming and out-of-box signup and thank-you pages, it's incredibly easy to create and join webinars. Key aspects of WebinarNinja include:
- 300 to 1,000 live attendees
- Unlimited recorded attendees, webinars, and registrations
- Up to four hosts on every plan
- One webinar at a time for up to two-hour sessions
- Up to four presenters on camera at a time
You can integrate WebinarNinja with email programs like HubSpot, InfusionSoft, or Aweber or use Zapier to connect to thousands more. Create live or automated webinars, virtual summits, webinar series, or hybrid webinars, which combine a prerecorded video with live chat.
This feature-rich software provides:
- Custom logo, colors, and social sharing options
- Live page builder editor
- Screen sharing
- Polls, popup offers, and a Q&A area
- Automatic webinar recording and storage
- Integrates with Stripe for paid webinars
- Offers interactivity for automated webinars
- Automatic email reminders or drip campaigns
- Media library holds all your assets
Pricing plans for WebinarNinja are on a month-by-month or annual basis, and you'll save 20% by opting for the yearly plan. Month-to-month plans cost:
- Pro: $95 per month for up to 300 live attendees, webinar series, and summits
- Plus: $159 per month for up to 500 attendees, live, automated, series, summits, and hybrid webinars
- Power: $249 per month for up to 1,000 live attendees and everything in Plus plan
You'll appreciate live chat and email support seven days a week, along with a robust academy where you can read detailed tutorials or join on-demand webinars.
Best for Enterprise Organizations: BigMarker
Broadcast large-scale training sessions or virtual summits with BigMarker.
7-day free trial with no credit card required
Live stream and engagement features for Facebook and YouTube
Integrations with all major CRM and MAS software
5% transaction fee for selling tickets
No refund for the annual plan
Works on all browsers but best experiences on Chrome or Firefox
Founded in 2010 as an advanced video conferencing software, BigMarker delivers top-notch reliability and an easy-to-use, all-in-one platform. This solution is perfect for top-quality HD audio and video conferences or company-wide meetings, making it a clear winner in our best for enterprise organizations category.
BigMarker is cloud-based software, with no download needed. Just click to enter from any device from desktops to mobile phones. However, the company recommends that mobile users download their free mobile app for the best experience. Key elements include:
- Unlimited presenters, webinar recording, and live or on-demand webinars
- Up to nine people can share microphone or cameras at once
- 100 to 1,000 attendees
- One to four host licenses per plan, with add-on host licenses available
- Host 24/7 webinars
A top feature for enterprise users are BigMarker's vast integrations with customer relationship management (CRM) and measurement analysis software (MAS) solutions. It integrates with Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo, Zapier, and many others.
You’ll get standout features like:
- Mobile-responsive landing page templates
- Custom logo and colors for branding rooms and landing pages
- Monetize webinars and get paid via PayPal
- HD screen sharing
- Embeds on website and social media accounts
- Public and private chat options
- Q&A, upvoting, popup offers
- Pools, quizzes, and handouts
BigMarker provides three comprehensive plans, or you can opt for a custom enterprise solution as well. Pay on a month-by-month basis or save big with an annual plan. For instance, you'll save $100 on the Premier package by paying yearly. Month-to-month plan costs are:
- Starter: $99 for up to 100 attendees and one host license
- Elite: $189 for up to 500 attendees and two host licenses
- Premier: $399 for up to 1,000 attendees and four host licenses
You'll appreciate BigMarker's vast knowledge base and video training tutorials, along with 24/7 email and live chat support.
Best for Small Groups: MyOwnConference
Use this free software to host meetings or webinar events or upgrade to a paid plan for larger groups.
Full-feature free plan
Add 100 seats during a webinar with one click
No download needed
Free plan limits recordings to 20 minutes
Hogs bandwidth if attendees use the same internet connection
Created in 2009, MyOwnConference provides excellent video conferencing and webinar software. It's free for up to 20 attendees, making it the best coice for small groups.
MyOwnConference works well in all browsers or messenger, but you can download a mobile app for iOS or Android devices for better smartphone experiences. Critical components are:
- 180 days of recording storage
- 20 to 10,000 attendees
- Three to 10 cameras in the webinar
- Paid plans include unlimited simultaneous webinars and recording
- Up to 10 presenters at once on all plans
You won't find many integrations with MyOwnConference, although it does connect with your Google Analytics account. All plans come with the same features, including:
- Automated email reminder options
- 16 supported languages
- Polls, calls to action, tests, and surveys
- Screen, video, and audio sharing
- Paid webinars
- Branded series creation logo and colors
For paid plans, you can pay by the day, month, or year. If you pay for two months, you get a 5% discount. A three-month payment gives you a 10% discount; six months gets you a 15% discount, while an annual payment is a 20% discount. All packages come with the same features; the difference is with the number of attendees. Plans consist of:
- Up to 20 attendees: Free
- Up to 60 attendees: $12 per day, $36 per month, or $30 per month if paid annually
- Up to 150 attendees: $24 a day, $60 per month, or $51 per month when paid annually
- Up to 300 attendees: $30 per day, $84 per month, or $70 per month when paid annually
Get live support via website, email, Skype, and phone 24/7/365 along with helpful tutorials, including YouTube how-to videos.
Best for Nonprofits: GetResponse
GetResponse provides built-in marketing tools and 30% to 50% off pricing plans for nonprofits.
30-day free trial, no credit card required
Huge nonprofit discounts
All-in-one marketing platform
No phone support
Pricing based on email lists starting with 1,000 subscribers
The cheapest plan doesn’t include webinars
Built in 1999 as an email marketing platform, GetResponse has evolved to include feature-rich webinar plans. GetResponse makes it easy for nonprofits to apply and receive 30% to 50% discounts off monthly plans, making it a clear winner for our best for nonprofits category.
No installation is required to use the browser-based software, although GetResponse offers a mobile app for Android and iOS devices for easier smartphone access. Key offerings include:
- 1,000 to 100,000 subscribers on email lists
- 100 to 500 live webinar attendees
- Unlimited lead funnels, landing pages, and automation templated
- Unlimited webinars on all but the Basic plan
- Store up to 20 hours of recordings
- Three presenters
GetResponse integrates with more than 124 services, including FreshBooks, Salesforce, and Zapier. You'll get popular features like:
- Live or on-demand webinars
- One-click Facebook pixel integration
- Email invites and reminders
- Interactive whiteboards
- Polls, tests, and call-to-action buttons
- Live stream on Facebook or YouTube
- Screen sharing
This webinar software provider treats its billing a bit differently than other solutions. You're charged based on your email list size. Each plan lets you choose 1,000, 2,500, 5,000, 10,000, 25,000, 50,000, or 100,000 subscribers. You can select monthly, yearly, or two-year plans. You'll save 18% with annual payments or 30% with 24-month plans. All plans below are based on 1,000 email subscribers with monthly payments before any nonprofit discounts:
- Basic: $15 for a digital marketing platform including e-product sales and Facebook ads
- Plus: $49 for up to 100 attendees, adds webinars, and five webinar funnels
- Professional: $99 for up to 300 attendees, adds on-demand and paid webinars
- Max: This custom solution provides a dedicated support channel, and you get a custom quote based on your needs
GetResponse has robust self-service support options, or you can contact live chat support 24/7.
Best for Education: BlueJeans Events
Deliver immersive virtual classroom experiences with BlueJeans Events.
14-day free trial
Embeds on websites
Streams to Facebook and YouTube
Up to a 30-second live stream delay
Fewer integrations than competitors
Since 2009, BlueJeans has offered comprehensive software solutions like video conferencing and collaboration tools. But its BlueJeans Events platform provides top-notch engagement tools for interacting with students, making it the best option for educators.
Students and teachers can instantly connect from any device or browser with no downloads. But the company recommends Chrome or Edge browsers for the best experiences. It's easy to set up, taking less than a minute, and provides HD video and Dolby Voice® noise suppression technologies. Key offerings include:
- 100 to 50,000 attendees
- Unlimited number of webinars
- Suggested two-hour session duration but this may be flexible
- Up to 150 speakers
- Recordings for up to eight hours
BlueJeans Events integrates with Salesforce, Splash, and TicketSocket. Top features for educators and students include:
- Automated closed captioning
- Breakout rooms
- Chat, raise hand, and Q&A with upvoting
- Live polling and post-event surveys
- Intermission and pause button
- Public or restricted events
- Receive an automated email with a list of all attendees
BlueJeans offers BlueJeans Events or BlueJeans Meetings. With Meetings, you can host up to 75 meeting participants plus get learning management integrations with Canvas and CirQLive, for $17.49 per host per month or pay monthly to save 20%. BlueJeans also offers discounts for educators up to 30%.
BlueJeans Events provides large-scale webinars, and plans differ by the number of attendees; all packages come with the same features. The per-month plans include:
- Up to 100 attendees: $99
- Up to 200 attendees: $379
- Up to 300 attendees: $599
Get up to speed on the software by using training tutorials or register for a daily live BlueJeans Q&A session. Customer services include help tickets, email, live chat, or phone support 24/7.
Best for Conferencing: Vimeo Livestream
Easily host conferences with unlimited viewers using Vimeo Livestream.
30-day free trial
Simultaneous streaming to multiple social platforms
No 24/7 live support
Editing tools are more complex, has a learning curve
Founded in 2004, Vimeo began as an online video streaming site. However, in 2017, Vimeo acquired the Livestream brand and began offering unlimited events. Its robust capabilities, including fabulous branding tools for its video player, makes Vimeo Livestream the best choice for conferencing.
Vimeo Livestream uses an intuitive video player to create immersive event experiences. But viewers can access conferences via a web browser or any channel where you've embedded your event. With Livestream, you get:
- Unlimited viewers, live events, and storage
- HD video with adaptive streaming
- Up to 12-hour events
- Unlimited streaming analytics
You can integrate your streaming services with Zapier, Dropbox, Active Campaign, and many other programs. The best conferencing features include:
- Video auto-archiving
- Live polls and Q&A sessions
- Audience chat
- Graphical overlays
- Stream to Facebook Live, YouTube, LinkedIn, Periscope, or Twitch
- Embed Vimeo on your website
- Can stream to several social channels simultaneously
- Customize your video player with tons of options
With Vimeo Livestream, you get one premium package for $75 a month with an annual payment. But the company recommends contacting them to discuss a custom solution with an enterprise plan, as you get an uptime service level agreement (SLA) and technical phone support along with many other customization options.
Vimeo Livestream offers plenty of video tutorials to learn about the program, but the only support provided is live support during business hours while you're streaming.
Best for Mac: LiveWebinar
Deliver webinars with ease using any Mac or iOS device.
14-day free trial
More than 1,000 customization settings
Free plan for small meetings
No screen sharing on mobile devices
Can only schedule 30 webinars at once
Since 2016, LiveWebinar has provided an affordable solution for customizable webinars and interactive events. Unlike some software, LiveWebinar works well on Safari, making it best for Mac users.
This cloud-based solution is easy to use from most browsers with no downloads necessary. With LiveWebinar, you get HD quality webinars for:
- Unlimited presenters and webcams
- Five to 1,000 attendees
- Two to eight hours of recordings
- Unlimited customization
- Up to eight-hour sessions, but you can extend an extra hour
- Schedule up to 30 webinars at once
- Use up to 10 permanent rooms
LiveWebinar offers plenty of integrations, including MailChimp, Zapier, and HubSpot. Popular features consist of:
- Branding tools
- Breakout rooms
- Call-to-action tools
- Screen sharing
- Tests, polls, and surveys
- Interactive Prezi forms
- Live chat during the webinar
- 15 supported languages
- Broadcast to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Periscope
- Embed on your website
- Add sub-accounts with different logins and emails
You can choose from four plans and pay month-to-month, or save 20% when paying annually. Plan prices are based on monthly payments:
- Free: Up to five attendees, two-hour recordings, one presenter profile, and three tests, polls, or surveys
- Pro: $14.99 per month for up to 100 attendees, six-hour recordings, 100 presenter profiles, 20 sub-accounts, 10 tests, polls, or surveys
- Business: $119 per month for up to 500 attendees, eight-hour recordings, 150 presenter profiles, 100 sub-accounts, and 20 tests, polls, or surveys
- Enterprise: The white label plan is a custom solution, starting at $500 per month with a one-time setup fee starting at $2,000 for up to 1,000 attendees
You'll find manuals, tutorials, and video walk-throughs on YouTube for self-service options. Or you can contact customer service 24/7.
Best for Startups: WebinarJam
Capture investor's attention or position yourself as a thought-leader using WebinarJam.
14-day trial for $1
30-day money-back guarantee
Feature-rich at a low cost
Can’t embed webinar on website
No month-to-month plans
No automated webinars
Created in 2013, WebinarJam is explicitly designed for live webinars perfect for securing startup funding. With a unique "always-on" live room, it's easy for startup founders to host an event at any time. And entrepreneurs appreciate its high-level integrations, making it the top choice in our best for startups category.
This browser-based webinar software delivers crisp HD video to any device using any browser. Use the express configuration to set up your webinar in 30 seconds or opt for the standard version, which only takes five minutes or so to set up. Critical elements of WebinarJam include:
- Two to six presenters at one time
- 500 to 5,000 attendees
- Two- to four-hour sessions
- Unlimited webinars
- Automatic live recordings
With WebinarJam, you'll enjoy integrations with shopping carts, email marketing programs, and sales tools, including ConvertKit, MailChimp, ConstantContact, ClickFunnels, and LeadPages along with Zapier.
The top features of this webinar software include:
- Broadcast to YouTube Live
- 23 supported languages
- Live chat, group chat, sticky announcements, and private comments
- Email and SMS text notifications
- Live offer displays
- Polls, surveys, and handouts
- Paid webinar capabilities
- Drawing board, screen sharing, and digital whiteboard
- Page builders for registration and landing pages
- Live offer countdown timer
WebinarJam offers three yearly plans that provide all its great features:
- Basic: $499 per year for two presenters, up to 500 attendees, and two-hour sessions
- Professional: $699 per year for four presenters, up to 2,000 attendees, three-hour sessions, and "always-on" rooms
- Enterprise: $999 per year for six presenters, up to 5,000 attendees, four-hour sessions, and a control center so someone else can manage the room while you present
If you have any issues, you can submit a support ticket online or click for a live chat along with tons of video tutorials and a Wiki help center.
Best for Small Business: Zoho Meeting
Connect with your small business team using free and low-cost Zoho Meeting and Webinar plans.
15-day free trial, no credit card required
iOS and Android app
No phone customer service
Can’t stream to social media
Founded in 1996, Zoho provides an array of online productivity tools, including meeting and webinar platforms. Its user-friendly features and low pricing make Zoho Meeting best for small businesses.
This web-based software is simple to use—just one click to join a meeting or webinar. It also offers an iOS and Android mobile app for attendees, or you can add a Chrome extension to your browser. Zoho offers:
- Storage for up to 25 webinar recordings
- 10 to 250 attendees
- Unlimited co-organizers
- No time limit on webinars
Zoho Meeting only lists integrations with other Zoho products like Zoho CRM, Campaigns, and Projects. However, you'll get fantastic features like:
- Embeddable registration link
- In-depth analytics
- Automated email follow-up
- Screen sharing
- Instant polls, Q&A, and broadcast messaging
- Raise hand feature
- Post-webinar call-to-action tools
Since Zoho offers both meetings and webinars, you can choose plans for both. The difference is that Meetings provides collaboration tools, like instant chat, whereas Webinars include engagement tools such as polls. With Meetings, you can show up to 25 video feeds at once compared to only one with Webinars.
All plans come with the same features; the difference in cost stems from the number of attendees. Although the pricing below is based on month-to-month plans, you can save $4 to $16 by paying annually.
- Free: Meet with up to 10 attendees and three participants, including the presenter, for free
- Meeting 10 attendees: $3 per host per month
- Meeting 25 attendees: $6 per host per month
- Meeting 50 attendees: $9 per host per month
- Meeting 100 attendees: $12 per host per month
- Webinar 25 attendees: $19 per host per month
- Webinar 50 attendees: $29 per host per month
- Webinar 100 attendees: $39 per host per month
- Webinar 250 attendees: $79 per host per month
Get support from the user community, free live webinar trainings, or in-depth tutorials. You can contact support using a trouble ticket or by sending an email.
What Is Webinar Software?
Webinar software allows you to stream a live or on-demand video to leads, customers, or employees. Increasingly, companies use a webinar platform to deliver sales presentations or educate clients with how-to tutorials. We also see an uptick in businesses hosting virtual events using webinar software, which positions them as thought-leaders while providing an interactive online experience.
Along with a live video, webinars provide tons of tools to engage your viewers, including special features to encourage people to take actions, like a CTA for an exclusive offer. Plus, you can access various analytic options to learn about your attendees and reach them after your event.
Who Should Use Webinar Software?
Nearly everyone can find great uses for webinar software. Teachers, CEOs, and small business owners use webinars to teach, share information, or motivate students and teams. Webinars play a unique role in marketing because the software provides interactive features like polls, surveys, or Q&A sessions.
Furthermore, building a series of on-demand webinars is a way to build your authority in a subject matter. Brands use webinars to present thought-leadership content, including visual elements like slides, screen sharing, or multiple presenters.
What Webinar Software Typically Include?
Many webinar platforms are browser-based, so attendees can click to join. However, providers may also offer mobile apps for attendees or online dashboards for hosts. Although software features vary, the majority of platforms provide:
- Polls, surveys, tests, or Q&A sessions
- Public or private live chat
- Screen sharing and multi-presenter options
- Email reminders
- Automatic recordings
- Integrations with email or sales systems
What Does Webinar Software Cost?
For smaller meetings, you'll find several free options. However, most plans use a subscription-based plan where you can pay month-to-month or save by paying annually. At least one service, MyOwnConference, provides day rates as well. Prices range from:
- Free plans: Five to 20 attendees
- Up to 50 attendees: $9 to $49
- Up to 100 attendees: $14.99 to $99
- Up to 300 attendees: $84 to $599
- Up to 500 attendees: $119 to $499
- Up to 1,000 attendees: $249 to $500
How We Chose the Best Webinar Software
To develop our list of the 10 best webinar software providers, we evaluated 40 different programs. Along with the software's ease of use, integrations, and browser functionality, we explored the unique features necessary for specific users like enterprises versus small businesses while comparing plan pricing and limits on attendees or presenters. Plus, we examined customer self-service and support options and automated tools for recording sessions and sending emails.
GoToWebinar. "Big Book of Webinar Stats." Accessed October 28, 2020.