We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
Credilife offers personalized, one-on-one coaching to help you improve your credit and overall financial wellness. The company doesn’t provide credit score monitoring in its basic package, however, and it charges a relatively high monthly fee for its services.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Personalized, one-on-one financial coaching
Unlimited credit report disputes
Options for business credit, student loan help, debt management, and budgeting
Free educational resources on the website
Discounts for couples, families, military, and first responders
Pricing not disclosed on website
High monthly fees
Credit score monitoring not included in basic package
Short window to cancel and get a refund
- Credilife takes a holistic approach to credit repair, offering one-on-one coaching to help you improve your overall financial wellness.
- The company offers a variety of services, including personal credit repair, business credit repair, student loan help, debt management, and budgeting education.
- Unlike some other credit repair companies, Credilife does not offer much in the way of useful extra features.
Incorporated in 2015, Credilife is relatively new to the credit repair space. This Minnesota-based company serves consumers across the country with financial coaching and credit repair services. According to Credilife’s founders, Brian Del Terzo and Jerrad Havins, a “Credilife™” is “a life-changing attitude towards credit and money.” You won’t find many customer reviews of Credilife online, unfortunately.
- Year Founded 2013
- Credit Repair Services Offered Credit disputes, credit rebuilding (personal and business), student loan help, debt management, budgeting
- Fee Schedule Upfront and monthly
- Monitoring Options Only in VIP package
- Customer Service Phone: 800-576-4890. Email: email@example.com
- Official Website https://credilife.com/
Credilife provides one-on-one coaching to consumers looking to improve their credit and money management skills. If you join its Credit Life Improvement Program you’ll receive a Credit Builder Blueprint, a personalized credit assessment, and a strategy for improving your credit. Credilife will also work on your behalf to dispute any errors it finds on your credit report.
Building your personal credit can make it easier to qualify for a mortgage, open a credit card, or even rent an apartment in some cases. Personal credit repair is not the only service Credilife offers, however. Its coaches also offer business credit repair, debt management, budgeting guidance, and student loan assistance. Note that Credilife does not offer debt settlement or consolidation, but rather may refer you to a third party for those services.
If you’d prefer to take a “do it yourself” approach, Credilife provides some free educational resources on how to build credit and get your finances back on track.
Because Credilife offers personalized coaching, its monthly fee is on the high side. If you’re looking for more affordable options or alternative services, check out our list of the best credit repair companies.
- Personalized, one-on-one financial coaching: Credilife provides coaching calls to clients to help them achieve their credit repair goals.
- Unlimited credit report disputes: Credilife reviews your credit reports and disputes any errors it finds to get them removed.
- Options for business credit, student loan help, debt management, and budgeting: Along with personal credit repair, Credilife’s coaches can help you with these other financial goals.
- Free educational resources on the website: Credilife offers educational resources, including blog articles, e-books, and a detailed FAQ.
- Discounts for couples, families, military, and first responders: According to Credilife’s support team, you may qualify for a discount if you fall into one of these categories.
- Pricing not disclosed on website: While some credit repair companies are transparent about their pricing structure, Credilife does not disclose its costs on its website.
- High monthly fees: According to Credilife customer service, it typically charges a $21.99 startup fee and a $135.00 monthly fee.
- Credit score monitoring not included in basic package: Credit score monitoring is only included in Credilife’s VIP package; if you get a lower package, you’ll have to purchase credit monitoring from a third party.
- Short window to cancel and get a refund: While some companies offer a 90- or 180-day money-back guarantee, Credilife only gives you five days to cancel for a full refund.
Types of Services
Credilife offers a variety of services, including both personal and business credit repair. You can choose among the following.
Credit Life Improvement Program
Consumers looking to improve their personal credit can enroll in Credilife’s Credit Life Improvement Program. Clients work with Credilife coaches to discuss credit and debt management strategies, budgeting, and student loan repayment options, if applicable.
During the initial consultation, which the company says can be scheduled one business day after signing up, your coach will evaluate and assess your credit history. Then, you’ll receive a physical booklet called your Credit Builder Blueprint, which is a personalized credit assessment customized to your specific goals. This blueprint will contain a strategy for your credit recovery.
Along with one-on-one coaching and support, Credilife’s team will handle credit disputes for any inaccurate information it finds on your credit reports. It provides unlimited disputes and will challenge hard inquiries that may be unfairly dragging down your score.
Credilife will also communicate with the credit bureaus and creditors on your behalf to discuss derogatory marks, initiate disputes, and send debt validation letters. It can also send goodwill removal requests to creditors and cease and desist letters to debt collectors.
Money Mastery Personal Financial System
To help people improve their money management skills, Credilife offers the Money Mastery Personal Financial System, a financial literacy and coaching program. This program goes over how to manage cash flow, pay off debt, deal with taxes, and build savings. According to the company, this system will address your entire financial situation and provide solutions for managing it holistically.
Business Credit Improvement
If you’re a business owner and you’d like to improve your business credit score, you could consider Credilife’s Business Credit program. You can work with a Credilife coach and a business funding coach to make your business creditworthy. Improving your business credit score could make it easier to take out a business loan with competitive rates or sell your company in the future.
Student Loan Help
Credilife also offers student loan counseling to struggling borrowers. Through this program, a coach will review your student loan debts, financial situation, and credit status, and offer advice on the best way forward. Credilife coaches can assist you in applying for income-driven repayment, rehabilitation, consolidation, or private refinancing.
Although a student loan counselor can provide support and guidance, they’re not offering anything you can’t do on your own for free. You can apply for federal loan repayment plans on the Federal Student Aid website or by contacting your loan servicer. If you’re interested in refinancing your student loans for new rates, you can apply directly with a refinancing lender.
Credilife coaches will also discuss how to manage, pay off, or settle debt through its Debt Management Assistance program. While this program can help you come up with a strategy, it does not provide debt settlement or debt consolidation. Credilife may refer you to another company for these services.
Credilife’s plans don’t have optional add-ons. And since Credilife’s basic plan does not offer a credit score monitoring service, it’d be a good idea to sign up for one so you can track your progress.
Like most credit repair companies, you can begin with a free credit consultation before making a decision about working with Credilife.
But unlike most credit repair companies, Credilife offers help with business credit as well as personal credit. If you’re looking to qualify for business financing this service could be useful.
Outside of credit repair, Credilife can also help you come up with a plan for managing debt or dealing with your student loans.
You can get in touch with Credilife via phone at (800) 576-4890 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Credilife does not provide its business hours.
Credilife customers can also log in to their account on the company’s website. It doesn’t offer live web chat or a mobile app at this time.
You won’t find many customer reviews of Credilife, so it’s difficult to gauge its overall reputation. Credilife has only a single complaint in the CFPB complaint database from a consumer who said the company contacted them even though they were never a client. The company gave a timely response and the complaint was resolved.
Credilife does not specify a minimum contract length, but it allows you to cancel anytime without a fee. If you cancel within five days of signing up, you’ll also be eligible for a full refund.
Credilife does not disclose its pricing structure on its website. According to its customer service team, Credilife typically charges a startup fee of $21.99 and a monthly fee of $135.00. Couples, families, military servicemembers, veterans, and first responders may also qualify for a discount.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
There’s a lot to think about when choosing the right credit repair company. Here are a few factors to consider before you decide.
- Cost: First work and monthly fees vary quite a bit among credit repair companies. Make sure the company has a pricing structure that works with your budget, and keep an eye out for any discounts you might qualify for.
- Credit repair services: Find out specifically how the company will help you improve your credit and whether it will communicate with debt collectors and credit bureaus on your behalf. You can typically do this in the free consultation.
- Credit bureau coverage: Make sure the credit repair company works to improve your credit reports with all three credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Most companies cover all three, but it won’t hurt to check.
- Credit score monitoring: Find out if the credit repair company offers credit score monitoring or requires you to sign up for a third-party service for an additional fee.
- Money-back guarantee: Some companies offer a 90-day or 180-day money-back satisfaction guarantee, which could give you peace of mind when signing up.
- Educational resources: Check if the company has resources that empower you to improve your credit and financial health for the long term.
- Customer reviews: While many companies feature positive testimonials on their websites, it’s worth heading to a website like CFPB, BBB, or Trustpilot for a more complete picture of what customers have to say about their experience.
|Credilife||AMB Credit Consultants||Sky Blue Credit|
|Services Offered||Personal credit repair
Business credit improvement
Student loan counseling
Credit empowerment program
Credit dispute resolution
|Professional credit analysis
Debt management program
|Max. Number of Monthly Disputes||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors||Debt validation, letters for anything derogatory, goodwill removal requests, cease-and-desist letters||Debt validation, disputes, goodwill removal requests, cease-and-desist letters||Debt validation, goodwill, cease-and-desist letters|
|Min. First Work Fee||$21.99||$149||$79|
|Min. Monthly Fee||$135.00||$99||$79|
|Customer Service Platforms||Phone, email||Phone, email||Phone, email, customer portal|
Compared to other credit repair companies, Credilife stands out for its personalized coaching and holistic approach to credit repair and money management. It provides support and strategies for improving your credit and will communicate with creditors on your behalf. However, its website lacks some transparency around pricing and exactly how its various programs overlap. It’s advisable to clarify what services you’ll be getting and how much they will cost before enrolling with Credilife.
We’ve reviewed the major players in the credit repair industry, and Credilife came out at the bottom of the pack. See our picks for the best credit repair companies for our recommended services.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before selecting our top choices. We weighed 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are the most significant for customers.
The top picks were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We took into account factors like how many disputes will be sent per month, what kinds of dispute letters will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long companies have been in business. This information was used in our company's star ratings and best picks.