We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
Credit Glory offers comprehensive service and friendly, informative credit analysts that take the time to truly help you understand the often-confusing process of credit repair. You'll need to be aware going in, however, that there are several additional fees you'll need to pay to get the most out of the service.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Many positive reviews
Offers $50 sign-up fee discount for spouses and military
Discount on third-party credit monitoring and identity theft protection
Lots of hidden fees
Relatively expensive to begin with
Customer service can be hard to get ahold of
Money-back guarantee comes with several conditions
- Assistance includes credit disputes, hard inquiry disputes, credit monitoring, identity theft protection, and sending letters to creditors.
- It costs $100 to get started and $99 per month thereafter, but this doesn't include several of the hidden fees you'll need to get the most out of the service.
- Credit Glory offers a 90-day money-back guarantee on your monthly fees if they're not able to remove any inaccurate information.
Credit Glory is one of the newer companies in the credit repair world, and so far it's gaining good traction with customers nationwide who rank the customer service as excellent. It offers a comprehensive suite of services in one easy package, but it is on the expensive side compared with other credit repair companies. And you may end up paying even more after several additional fees are included for specialized work and ongoing credit services through a separate company.
To help you feel comfortable with spending the money, Credit Glory does offer a free consultation before you sign up, and it offers a 90-day money-back satisfaction guarantee. However, that guarantee doesn't come without strings attached—you'll only be able to request a refund if they were unable to remove anything from your reports, and you'll only be refunded the monthly fees, not the initial setup fee.
- Year Founded 2013
- Services Offered Credit repair, credit monitoring, identity theft protection, sending creditor letters
- First Work Fee $100
- Monthly Fee $99/month
- Customer Service Phone: (855) 938-3044; Email: email@example.com
- Official Website https://www.creditglory.com/
Credit Glory is one of the first companies many people come across when they're looking for help in polishing up their credit to buy a home or a car or to stop debt collection calls, for example. The company can certainly help with these goals by disputing items on your credit reports that shouldn't be there, but add-on services can be pricey.
The biggest thing that sets Credit Glory apart from other credit repair companies is its overall reputation. There are some people who are dissatisfied with the service, as is common in the credit repair world, but on the whole Credit Glory gets better customer service ratings than most. That can be especially important for a tricky topic like credit repair.
There are lots of options for credit repair companies that offer different services at varying price points. Scope out your options in advance to make sure you're going with the right company.
- Many positive reviews: You want someone you can really trust when it comes to financial services, and most people say that Credit Glory's customer service reps are friendly, patient, and helpful.
- Offers a $50 sign-up fee discount for spouses and military: As a thank you for your service, Credit Glory knocks your intro fee in half. Married couples can also be easier to work with as a two-pack, so Credit Glory discounts its intro fee for these customers too.
- Discount on third-party credit monitoring and identity theft protection: Credit Glory offers a $10 monthly discount on IdentityIQ (normally $29.99/month) which provides these services. It's nice that it's cheaper, but we'd like to see it included in the total price.
- Lots of hidden fees: There are several additional fees that aren't advertised on the Credit Glory website, including charges for an additional credit service and to dispute hard credit inquiries.
- Relatively expensive to begin with: For the services you get, there are many cheaper options out there that are worth exploring.
- Customer service can be hard to get ahold of: Phone lines open every day at 9 a.m. EST and close at 8 p.m. EST on weekdays, or 5 p.m. EST on weekends. That can be a problem for early risers on the east coast, or people calling after they get out of work on the west coast.
- Money-back guarantee comes with several conditions: If you're not happy with the service you can request a refund within 90 days, which sounds great. But you can't get your initial work fee refunded, and you can't get a refund at all if they were able to remove even one thing from any of your credit reports.
Types of Services
Credit Glory offers a typical suite of services for a credit repair company, with a few nice extras thrown in. These are all priced together under one package, unlike some companies which charge more for more white-glove service. The company is typically able to start working on your credit reports within one day, which is great if you're looking to get started quickly.
Professional Credit Analysis
Credit Glory offers a free consult before you sign up so you can get some idea of whether they'll be able to help you before you hand over your hard-earned cash. This is especially handy because if they're unable to help you, they'll generally say so. Judging by the generally positive reviews of the company's credit analysts, they're easy to work with.
The heart of credit repair companies is credit disputes. Credit Glory's credit analysts will go through each of your three credit reports with you one by one, line by line. They'll ask for details about each item to figure out whether it should be there or not. If not, then Credit Glory will reach out to the credit bureau and/or the creditor itself to state the facts in the case, request the removal of the item, and monitor your credit reports to make sure it's gone away.
A few things are important to note here. If you actually want to measure your progress and see your credit score go up, you'll need to pay an extra fee for an IdentityIQ subscription which is not included in the price. Credit Glory does get you a discount on this ($19.99/month, instead of the regular $29.99/month price) and it's not required for ongoing service, but the company strongly recommends it.
Instead of just going with Credit Glory’s recommendation, see our picks for the best credit monitoring services instead. You may be satisfied with a free tool.
In addition, there may be additional charges for certain credit disputes, like hard inquiry disputes. These fees can range into hundreds of dollars if you have a lot of disputes, and unless you pay these fees you won't be taking full advantage of the service. Credit Glory is not upfront in its advertising materials about these extra costs.
Letters to Creditors and Credit Bureaus
The hard work of getting debt collection calls to stop and inaccurate items removed from your credit reports generally requires a lot of correspondence. Credit Glory can help you send 10 different types of letters to help you in this quest, ranging from cease-and-desist letters to stop debt collectors from contacting you, dispute letters to the credit bureaus, and even letters offering lump-sum payments to creditors in an effort to get them to withdraw information from your credit reports. This is a more comprehensive list than most of its competitors offer.
Cease-and-desist letters can get creditors to stop harassing you, but they won't stop collection efforts entirely—they just silence them. You'll still need to find a way to deal with debt collectors before it escalates into something worse.
Credit Glory doesn't offer credit monitoring itself, but it can help you get it for a cheaper price through the IdentityIQ service. The company strongly recommends that you sign up for ongoing service at $19.99/month (in addition to Credit Glory's monthly fee that you're already paying), although it's not required. In order to get the most out of your service, however, it's a good idea to spring for some kind of credit monitoring, even if it’s through a different company. Otherwise, you won't have a way to verify that the service you're paying for is actually working.
Credit monitoring services are handy, but you can also monitor your credit for free, albeit with a few minutes worth of work each month.
Identity Theft Insurance
If someone steals your identity, not only could it mess with your credit in a major way, but it could be costly for you too. If you opt to pay for ongoing credit monitoring through IdentityIQ, you'll receive insurance to protect you against this threat, up to $1,000,000 in damages. Remember, though, that as soon as you opt out of paying for IdentityIQ you're no longer covered by this insurance.
Credit Glory offers an online portal for you to work with your credit team, in addition to phone consults. Unfortunately, it does not offer any smartphone apps, so that's a potential downside if that's your preferred online route. It does not offer any formal debt management programs.
While Credit Glory's service is geared towards private individuals, it does also offer business credit repair services if you operate a business under your own Social Security number, as opposed to a more formal Employee Identification Number. This is generally applicable to sole proprietors, small entrepreneurs, side hustlers, and other smaller business structures.
Although Credit Glory's website advertises 24/7 live support, that's not the case. Its hours are actually weekdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, or 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST on weekends.
There is no live online support in the form of a chat box, which is always a nice touch when available. You can only reach the company by phone or email:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (855) 938-3044
One of the standout features of Credit Glory compared with similar credit repair companies is its reviews on third-party websites like Trustpilot and Google. They're all generally positive, and even better, there are a lot of them, meaning Credit Glory consistently gets high scores. That's not the case on every single review site—it only gets mediocre scores on Yelp, for example, and only from a smaller number of reviews—but on the whole, they paint a picture of a company that's doing right by its customers.
You can cancel your service with Credit Glory at any time without any hassle, even after you immediately sign up. Of course, the company wants you to stick with them, but there are no cancellation fees for bailing if you're not happy.
Hiring Credit Glory to help clean up your credit will set you back a bit more compared with alternatives. To start, you'll need to pay a one-time $100 fee to initiate service with the company. You'll also need to pay a separate $1 fee for a seven-day trial of IdentityIQ, which the company partners with to pull your credit reports from each of the three credit bureaus.
After that, Credit Glory charges $99 per month. It also strongly suggests that you pay for ongoing IdentityIQ service at a reduced price of $19.99/month ($29.99/month normally), but this isn't required. This isn't included in Credit Glory's monthly fee, and unless you monitor your own credit reports independently, it's a good idea to pay for it. Without it, you won't have any way to make sure that Credit Glory is actually making any progress.
Finally, there's an additional layer of fees for certain services. Notably, this includes any hard credit inquiry disputes you want Credit Glory to send out, at a staggering cost of $79 per dispute. If you have a lot of inaccurate hard credit inquiries on your reports that cost adds up fast.
Once you reach 10 hard credit inquiry disputes, however, the company instead shifts you over to a payment plan model where they'll dispute all of them for a flat fee of $796, spread out in four monthly payments of $199. Again, this is in addition to the monthly Credit Glory service fee you're already paying, and on top of the optional IdentityIQ monthly service fee. If you have any hard inquiries to dispute, we recommend going with a different service; take a look at our picks for the best credit repair companies.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
Credit Glory isn't the only company offering credit repair services. There are many options to choose from, and it can be hard to know which one to select. Here are some tips to keep in mind as you shop around:
- Know what you want: Are you looking to spiff up your credit to buy a home or a car? If so, how far out is your timeline? Or do you want help in dealing with debt collectors? Being specific about what you need help with can help you zero in on the best choice faster.
- Find out what's included: All credit repair companies offer "credit repair," but how, specifically? Do you have to pay extra to dispute inaccurate marks, for example? Do they monitor your credit for you? Finding a company with more services helps you get more bang for your buck.
- Pricing and discounts: Some companies charge way more than others. Similarly, the base price may not be the price you end up paying, depending on whether you qualify for any discounts or have to pay any additional fees.
- Money-back guarantee: It's always good to find a money-back guarantee so you're not out of your cash if you're unhappy. If they do offer a money-back guarantee, are there limits? Some, like Credit Glory, place strict limits on their guarantee so that some people won't qualify for the full amount, if anything.
- Actual customer reviews: Credit repair companies make some pretty flashy websites, but that doesn't guarantee good service. To find that information, look up reviews on independent websites and consumer watchdog groups to see what people are really saying.
|Credit Glory||The Credit Pros||Credilife|
|Services Offered||Credit and hard inquiry disputes
Credit monitoring for a fee
Identity theft insurance for a fee
|Credit and hard inquiry disputes
Identity theft insurance
|Credit and hard inquiry disputes
Identity theft insurance for a fee
|Max. Number of Monthly Disputes||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors/Bureaus||Section 604 Dispute Letter
Pay For Delete Letter
Paid In Full Letter
Judgement Proof Letter
Others not disclosed
Letter for Anything Derogatory
Goodwill Removal Request
|First Work Fee||$100 (plus a required $1 fee for a trial of IdentityIQ)||$12.95||$21.99|
|Monthly Fee||$99 (plus an optional $19.99 fee for ongoing IdentityIQ service)||$69||$135|
|Customer Service Platforms||Email, phone||Email, phone, live chat, iOS and Android app||Email, phone|
Credit Glory offers an overall good experience with a comprehensive suite of tools and many satisfied customers. However, it's a more expensive service than usual, and even more concerning are the various fees that raise the cost of any meaningful credit repair work even higher. If good customer service is your top priority and money is of no concern, then it'd be an excellent choice. But if you're on more of a budget, seek another option.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before selecting our top choices. We weighed 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are the most significant for customers.
The top picks were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We took into account factors like how many disputes will be sent per month, what kinds of dispute letters will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long companies have been in business. This information was used in our company's star ratings and best picks.