We recommend the best products through an independent review process, and advertisers do not influence our picks. We may receive compensation if you visit partners we recommend. Read our advertiser disclosure for more info.
Credit Saint provides three-tiered credit repair service packages and decent customer service. But its pricing is higher than some competing services, and its website doesn’t offer detailed insight into the services it provides.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
90-day money back guarantee
Offers free credit repair consultation
Option to cancel anytime
Doesn’t dispute with creditors
Five days to first work
Relatively high first work fee
- Credit Saint offers three-tiered credit repair packages based on your individual credit profile.
- Services include disputes with the credit bureaus, credit score analysis and tracking, and creditor interventions.
- Customers benefit from a 90-day money-back guarantee if they don’t alter their account in that timeframe.
Credit Saint is an established credit repair and monitoring company founded in 2004 and headquartered in Oakland, NJ. It offers credit repair and monitoring services, and customers can also access identity theft insurance for an added cost.
The Credit Saint website doesn’t specify in which states the company’s services are available, though it does mention it’s unavailable in South Carolina. If you’re considering working with them, it’s a good idea to ask during your free consultation if they provide credit repair services in your state.
- Year Founded 2004
- Services Offered Credit repair, credit monitoring, identity theft insurance
- First Work Fee $99
- Monthly Fee $79
- Customer Service Phone: 877-637-2673, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ticket, Live chat
- Official Website www.creditsaint.com
If you’ve struggled with past credit issues and collections companies won’t leave you alone, Credit Saint’s credit repair and monitoring packages may be worth considering. The company offers three tiers of service: Credit Polish, Credit Remodel, and Clean Slate. Each service package offers slightly different features, with Clean Slate designed for customers who need the most aggressive credit repair solutions.
Each Credit Saint package offers a certain number of disputes with the three major credit bureaus, Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Customers also get credit score analysis and monitoring, as well as creditor interventions.
If you’re looking for credit repair solutions but are unsure where to start, check out our choices for the best credit repair companies.
- 90-day money-back guarantee: If you don’t see inaccurate or questionable items removed from your credit reports within 90 days, Credit Saint might give you a full refund.
- Offers free credit repair consultation: Credit Saint offers a free credit repair consultation for new customers, which can be helpful for determining which package makes the most sense for you.
- Option to cancel anytime: Unlike some competitors that have complicated cancellation policies, Credit Saint gives you the option to cancel its services at any time.
- Doesn’t dispute with creditors: Instead of sending dispute letters to creditors, Credit Saint files disputes with the major credit bureaus. Some competitors do both.
- Five days to first work: After you sign up for a package, you’ll need to wait five days before the Credit Saint team begins working on your behalf. That may be a long time to wait if you’re in a dire financial situation, and it’s longer than that of many other companies, but this isn’t a huge downside because credit repair is a process that takes some time to work.
- Relatively high first work fee: Credit Saint’s first work fee is a hefty $99 for its lower-tier packages and $195 for its top-tier package. These fees are higher than many competitors charge.
Types of Services
Customers seeking specialized credit repair solutions based on their needs might find what they’re looking for with Credit Saint. As mentioned, it offers three tiered packages. If you’re seeking minor or moderate help, you might choose its Credit Polish or Credit Remodel packages. Those needing extensive assistance could benefit from its Clean Slate package.
Here’s how each plan compares, plus additional details about the services offered.
|Credit Polish||Credit Remodel||Clean Slate|
|Credit bureau disputes||Limited||Limited||Unlimited|
|Score analysis and monitoring||✓||✓||✓|
Credit Bureau Disputes
Unlike some competitors, Credit Saint conducts disputes with the three major credit bureaus as opposed to individual creditors. Its Clean Slate package offers unlimited credit bureau disputes, while its lower-tier packages offer a limited number of disputes. Disputes are issued every 45 days. Unfortunately, it isn’t clear from the Credit Saint website how many disputes are offered with each package.
Score Analysis and Credit Monitoring
Customers who sign up for a Credit Saint credit repair package will get a detailed credit analysis, which offers recommendations on how certain actions might improve or ding your credit. You’ll also get a credit monitoring account with CreditSquad.com when you sign up for Credit Saint services.
Since Credit Saint indicates that it doesn’t dispute with individual creditors, you’d think they would specify which creditor interventions they offer. Unfortunately, this information isn’t available on the Credit Saint website. If you’d like specifics on the creditor interventions, you may want to discuss this during your free consultation.
Credit Saint customers will get inquiry tracking services with its Credit Remodel and Clean Slate packages. The details it provides about its inquiry tracking services are limited, though it’s likely this service involves staying on top of credit inquiries made to the credit bureaus.
As far as add-on services go, Credit Saint’s offerings are limited. Other competitors may provide additional features like debt management plans or budgeting tools, but Credit Saint only offers one additional service, and unfortunately, there’s not much information available about it.
- Identity theft insurance: According to a company representative, Credit Saint offers identity theft insurance. But it comes at an extra cost, and details about this coverage or pricing are limited.
Besides its service packages, Credit Saint provides the following features for its customers.
- Free credit repair consultation: New customers can get a free credit repair consultation with a member of the Credit Saint team. This could help you decide which service package is best for you.
- Money-back guarantee: Credit Saint offers a money-back guarantee if no questionable or inaccurate items are removed from your credit reports in the first 90 days.
- Discount opportunities: New customers can take advantage of $15 off Credit Saint’s first work fee. Plus, the company offers referral and spousal discounts, but it’s unclear how to access these discounts or how much of a discount you’ll get.
Credit Saint offers several channels for its customers to get in touch, though customer service hours aren’t specified.
- Phone: (877) 637-2673
- Email: email@example.com
- Live chat: Unlike some competitors that don’t have this option, Credit Saint offers a live chat feature on its website.
- Ticket: Credit Saint has a support ticket feature for its customers.
In addition to its customer service options, Credit Saint has a frequently asked questions page with some general information about credit repair. Customers can also track their progress through an online portal.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has a useful database you can use to research credit repair companies and review customer complaints. A recent search for Credit Saint brings up one complaint in 2022, which expresses dissatisfaction with the company’s credit repair services. However, a low number of CFPB complaints doesn’t necessarily mean a company has a great reputation.
On Trustpilot, Credit Saint receives an average of 4.2 stars (Great) out of five across 80 consumer reviews. Happy customers praise Credit Saint’s customer service team and express satisfaction with their free consultations. Negative reviews mention questionable cancellation policies and a lack of results.
Those who sign up for a Credit Saint package aren’t bound by a long-term contract. You can cancel your service at any time, and in certain cases, you might even be eligible for a 90-day money-back guarantee. Unfortunately, it’s unclear how to cancel services based on the information the company has provided.
Credit Saint charges a first work fee of $99 and a monthly fee of $79 for its lowest-tier Credit Polish package. Its mid-tier Credit Remodel package costs $99 per month, and the same first work fee applies. Those who opt for the Clean Slate package will pay $119 per month and a first work fee of $195.
While there may be an opportunity to get a $15 discount on your first work fee, Credit Saint doesn’t provide information on how to access this discount.
Make a list of questions before your free consultation with Credit Saint. Doing so can help ensure you get the information you need to make an informed decision about its services.
How to Choose a Credit Repair Company
If you’re researching credit repair companies, you’ll want to consider the following:
- Cost: What is the monthly cost of each service package? Is there a first work fee? Compare pricing as you shop around.
- Features: Does the company offer any additional features that could help improve your credit or financial situation? For instance, does it have a debt management program or budgeting tools available? What about a mobile app? Review available features to see if there are any that appeal to you.
- Discounts: Is there any way to reduce the first work fee or monthly cost of services? Look into available discounts to learn about your options to save—some companies provide discounts for couples or military members, for example.
- Customer service: Is customer service available when you need them? Does the company offer phone, email, and live chat support? Look into hours of operation as well as options for connecting with a representative.
- Cancellation policy: Will you be stuck in a long-term contract or can you cancel anytime? Research or ask about company cancellation policies before you sign up. The best companies have easy cancellation policies and money-back guarantees.
|Credit Saint||Lexington Law||Sky Blue|
|Services Offered||Credit monitoring, Hard inquiry disputes, Identity theft insurance||Credit monitoring, Hard inquiry disputes, Debt management, Identity theft insurance||Credit monitoring, Hard inquiry disputes, Debt management|
|Max. Number of Disputes||Not disclosed for lower-tier packages, Unlimited for top-tier package||19 per 45–60 days||Unlimited|
|Letters to Creditors/Bureaus||Not disclosed||Collections, late payments, charge offs, liens, bankruptcies, repossessions||Debt validation, goodwill, cease & desist|
|Min. First Work Fee||$99–$195||$89.95 ($24.99 per customer support)||$79|
|Min. Monthly Fee||$79||$99.95 ($24.99 per customer support)||$79|
|Customer Service Platforms||Phone, email, live chat, ticket||Phone, email, live chat, ticket||Phone, ticket|
Credit Saint offers tiered service packages, which is useful. But the information it provides about its services and features is limited, and prices for its packages are relatively high compared to competitors. While customer feedback is decent and the volume of customer complaints it’s received is low, the lack of information on its website is concerning. If you’re considering Credit Saint, make sure to ask detailed questions about its offerings during your free consultation with a representative.
Credit Saint may be able to help repair your credit, but it didn’t make our list of the top companies in the industry; see our picks for the best credit repair companies to learn more.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
Our team evaluated 17 credit repair companies and collected over 600 data points before selecting our top choices. We weighed 39 criteria, giving the highest weights to those that are the most significant for customers.
The top picks were selected based on:
- Costs and fees (weighted 40.5% in total)
- Services offered (34%)
- Customer experience (22.5%)
- Stability (3%)
We took into account factors like how many disputes will be sent per month, what kinds of dispute letters will be sent, cancellation and return policies, and how long companies have been in business. This information was used in our company's star ratings and best picks.