If you’re looking for affordable, no-nonsense credit repair, CreditFirm.net is a great option. At $49.99 per month with zero additional fees, rates are just half what a comparable package would cost from most competitors.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Extremely low fees
Unlimited disputes and letters to creditors
Credit audits performed by a licensed attorney
Open 24 hours a day
In business since 1997
Doesn’t offer a guarantee
Credit monitoring not included
- CreditFirm.net offers just one credit repair package that covers credit disputes and creditor interventions.
- Customer service representatives are available 24/7 by phone. Email and web chat options are also offered during business hours.
- Rates are some of the lowest in the industry at just $49.99 per month with no initial work fees.
CreditFirm.net is one of the older credit repair companies around, offering services since 1997. Based in Corpus Christi, Texas, the company has helped more than 60,000 customers in all 50 states with phone and online customer service options.
- Year Founded 1997
- Kinds of Credit Repair Service Credit disputes
- Fee Schedule Monthly
- Monitoring Options Not available
- Customer Service Phone, email, web chat
- Official Website www.creditfirm.net
Look on many credit repair companies’ websites and you’ll find fees that far exceed $100 per month for services that simply aren’t worth the cost. Enter CreditFirm.net. This company offers one of the most affordable credit repair plans in the industry, with a flat monthly fee of $49.99 for unlimited credit disputes and interventions. So what’s the catch? We took a deep dive into CreditFirm.net’s services to find out if there is one.
- Extremely low fees: CreditFirm.net charges no initial work fees and just $49.99 per month for ongoing service.
- Unlimited disputes and letters to creditors: Not only does the company not limit monthly disputes, but they’ll also send as many letters as you need to creditors.
- Credit audits performed by a licensed attorney: In some states, credit repair companies aren’t required to license their employees, but CreditFirm.net ensures that each case is reviewed by an attorney.
- Open 24 hours a day: No matter when you need to get in touch, CreditFirm.net is available by phone around the clock.
- In business since 1997: The company has decades of experience in credit repair.
- Not customizable: CreditFirm.net offers just one credit repair package and no add-on services.
- Doesn’t offer a guarantee: Some competitors issue refunds if they’re unable to remove any errors from a customer’s credit report, but CreditFirm.net doesn’t provide this guarantee.
- Credit monitoring not included: If you want to keep an eye on your credit with a monitoring service, you’ll need to sign up with another company.
- Antiquated website: Customers used to a more modern digital experience may be disappointed by CreditFirm.net’s cumbersome digital tools.
Types of Services
CreditFirm.net streamlines its credit repair solutions into a single plan. The package includes a fairly standard number of services split into two areas: credit disputes and creditor interventions. All of the services are provided in unlimited quantities per month, a step up from many competitors who put a cap on the number of disputes they’ll send with every billing cycle.
When you first sign up with CreditFirm.net, the company will assign a licensed attorney to review your credit reports and look for potential errors. They’ll then begin sending disputes to the credit bureaus on your behalf to request that the incorrect items be changed or removed. This includes credit account details, hard inquiries, and your personal information such as your name and your address.
While not every customer needs them, CreditFirm.net also offers unlimited creditor interventions with their monthly service fees. This refers to a range of requests the company might send to lenders or collections agencies asking that they make changes on their end. Goodwill letters, debt validation requests, and cease and desist notices are all included.
Many credit repair companies advertise debt validation and cease and desist letters as part of their services, but few explain the potential negative ramifications of pursuing these actions. While both are useful if you’re dealing with a debt you believe to be erroneous, you should use them sparingly. Both may cause lenders to pursue more aggressive action against you (including legal action) if they believe you’ll try to evade the debt.
While some credit repair companies let you customize services, CreditFirm.net doesn’t offer any extras outside of its core package. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to purchase add-ons like credit monitoring directly through the company. If this is a service you’re interested in, you’ll need to shop around with other providers.
CreditFirm.net presents a very strong customer service offering. It’s one of very few credit repair companies to offer phone service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Representatives are also available via web chat and email.
In spite of customer service access that tops the industry, CreditFirm.net’s website is noticeably less user-friendly than most competitors. Locating information can be frustrating due to a long-outdated site design. However, the company does offer a customer portal for convenient account access anytime.
Credit repair companies tend to rack up negative reviews and complaints from former customers. In CreditFirm.net’s case, there isn’t much information out there. CreditFirm.net has an C+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), although it’s not accredited.
Customers who sign up with CreditFirm.net face no long-term contracts. Service can be canceled anytime with no penalties, although the company does recommend that customers plan to pay for about 12 months of service on average. Fees are charged at the end of each month, which is a welcome change from many credit repair companies that bill customers before that month’s services have been rendered.
CreditFirm.net’s credit repair package costs $49.99 per month. There are no initial work fees, which many competitors charge during the first month of service and can easily run upwards of $100. Overall, this is significantly cheaper than the vast majority of comparable plans from similar companies.
The Competition: CreditFirm.net vs. USA Credit Repair
To illustrate just how competitive CreditFirm.net’s services fees are, we compared it to USA Credit Repair, a competitor that offers a nearly identical credit repair package. Both companies provide fairly standard service that consists of an initial credit report analysis and ongoing credit disputes, plus creditor interventions as needed.
Yet the pricing differences between the two could not be more apparent. USA Credit Repair charges a $99 first work fee and an additional $99 per month for continued service, twice what CreditFirm.net charges. USA Credit Repair does offer an accelerated program, although it involves an additional fee. With no other considerable differences, CreditFirm.net is the winner by a long shot.
|CreditFirm.net||USA Credit Repair|
|Services Offered||Credit repair||Credit repair|
|Customer Service Touchpoints||Phone, email, web chat, client portal||Phone, email, client portal|
CreditFirm.net is one of the most budget-friendly credit repair services you’ll find. While the company doesn’t offer customizable packages or any extra add-ons, their value still far exceeds what the majority of competitors provide. 24/7 customer service is a major bonus for anyone with a busy schedule who can’t make calls during normal business hours. As long as you don’t mind navigating older online systems, this is certainly an option to consider for affordable credit repair.
How We Review Credit Repair Companies
We review credit repair companies using a strict set of standards to identify trustworthy providers and weed out the scams. Our scoring system looks at the variety of services offered, pricing details, company reputation, and more. We collect the majority of the data we use ourselves, although we also rely on third parties such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Better Business Bureau for additional information.
Learn more: Read our full Credit Repair Review Methodology here.